Tattoos making me feel better about my body

Options

Replies

• cdever5
    Options
    I think tattoo's are great, I only have 2 but am saving up for more. I dont have a good pic but will see what I can do. Love it.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    And.... my oldest sister, who is now 70 and has been a professional all of her life, got her first tattoo to celebrate her 60th birthday!

My husband, 18 year old daughter and I decided we're gonna do family tattoos. When my mom found out, she thought it was a great idea. My daughter told her, "Grandma, you should do it too!", and she shocked us by doing it. Her first one at the age of 63. I thought it was pretty awesome. :happy:
  • ethieman
    ethieman Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am months away from having my PhD in education and have 5 tattoos. Planning a new one for reaching my half-way point in weight loss and also another for my final goal wait. My next addition, however, will be my other quarter sleeve when I finish my dissertation :)
  • IslandRider
    Options
    Guess I'm old fashioned about this. If you have a tatoo, then you had better been a soldier, sailor, or biker.

You do realize that there are lot of ex-military women like me that are bikers and have tattoos, right? LOL!

Yes! In fact the ideal woman was a soldier, is a biker, and drinks like a sailor! :bigsmile:

Check, check and check! :drinker:
  • windyleal
    Options
    I have a yin-yang and flowers on my inner ankle and I love it. I would love to get another - that would be a good reward for reaching my goals!
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I have 6. I love them, love getting them even more. As far as getting old....as I see it, I'll be old so who gives a crap!! they look great now and this is the time I'm enjoying them!
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I have around nine. They make me feel more badass in the weight room, and people tend to underestimate me less.
  • distortedhero
    distortedhero Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love tattoos. I find quality ones on women to be really attractive. I suppose I've always been a fan of body art.

I'd love to get one myself, but I'm waiting until I lean out to get one.
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I love them! I have 10. For me it's always a nice stress reducer and they're just amazing. My favorite is my chest piece. it's what I use to check how people will react and treat me.
    hh.jpg
    h.jpg
    gg.jpg
    g.jpg
    ff.jpg
    47029_124513657602336_100001311075398_132107_4659627_n.jpg
    2.jpg
    l.jpg

the image on my ticker is my ultimate goal reward.
    Dragon_Mermaid_Rib_Tattoo_by_Samoubica.jpg
  • madisoneads
    Options
    People get tattoos for various reasons. So long as you are happy with your tattoos and reasons then good for you! You're always going to have naysayers but it's all about being happy, comfortable, and confident with you. People get tattoos for deeply personal reasons, to have fun, that drunken weekend, whatever. So long as you don't regret them and are getting them done in a clean and steril environment then it shouldn't matter what others think. I have 4 and I love mine.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I have a cross tat on my ankle. I like it :-) I want more
  • GCAsMom
    GCAsMom Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I can never remember how many I have. :blushing: As a level three weight loss reward, I plan on getting another one.

To the original question/statement... along with liking tattoos for the art aspect and the personal meaning behind them, I admit that part of having them also is a cover. If people are looking at my tattoos, they aren't looking at /me/.
  • Maidofmer
    Options
    And.... my oldest sister, who is now 70 and has been a professional all of her life, got her first tattoo to celebrate her 60th birthday!

My husband, 18 year old daughter and I decided we're gonna do family tattoos. When my mom found out, she thought it was a great idea. My daughter told her, "Grandma, you should do it too!", and she shocked us by doing it. Her first one at the age of 63. I thought it was pretty awesome. :happy:

that is awesome
  • Maidofmer
    Options
    i do :) if it werent for the tattoo, id prob dislike my body more

tattoo.jpg?w=252&h=396

explanation of tatt here: http://bluemorpho1247.wordpress.com/tattoo-meaning-explained/

that is stunning
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Here is the one I've just started, it's two weeks old (but about two minutes old in the pic!) It's going to take two more 4 hour sessions to finish.

tattoo2.jpg

tattoo1.jpg

And don't judge my tramp stamp back there! I love it :)
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I am not going to read through all the posts because they are revolting. Let me just say this: "Yuck" How can anyone in their right mind try to get their body in shape and then "F" it up with tatoos? Are you so unaware that your body is going to change with age? I am absolutely not on board with body disfigurement. Some of you remind me of Natunal Geographic magazine from the 1960's. Nose bone, anyone?
  • Maidofmer
    Options
    I am not going to read through all the posts because they are revolting. Let me just say this: "Yuck" How can anyone in their right mind try to get their body in shape and then "F" it up with tatoos? Are you so unaware that your body is going to change with age? I am absolutely not on board with body disfigurement. Some of you remind me of Natunal Geographic magazine from the 1960's. Nose bone, anyone?
    601609_10151264896458856_198518434_n.jpg
    they look wonderful, and we'll all be fabulous.
  • IslandRider
    Options
    Wow, acogg! Pretty harsh and judgmental. Way to make friends and influence people...
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    that is awesome

What makes it even better is what it is. My 63 year old mom is sporting a violet Lantern Corps symbol on her wrist. :laugh:
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options

Good thing I asked your opinion!! Oh.... no.... wait. No one hear gives a f**k what you think. The difference between a person with tattoos and a person without them? We don't care if you don't have any.