How do you cook your pork chops?

lajuice7
lajuice7 Posts: 58 Member
I am cooking pork chops for dinner tonight as getting a little bored of my usual chicken recipes.

How do you cook your pork chops?

Any ideas on sauces/recipes/marinades?

Replies

• _LilPowerHouse
    _LilPowerHouse Posts: 365 Member
    Super fried Crispy.. Mmmmmmm.. the only way to eat them.. :bigsmile:
  • danwood2
    danwood2 Posts: 291 Member
    I normally put italian seasoning or a steak rub on them and grill them up. Grilled Porkchops are a favorite in my family
  • lajuice7
    lajuice7 Posts: 58 Member
    I normally baked them in the oven on a low heat for a an hour or so with some nice reggae marinade.
  • ay1978pa
    ay1978pa Posts: 142 Member
    Stuff them with feta and basil and grill - yum
  • sheleen302
    sheleen302 Posts: 266 Member
    We are a big fan of grilling them too, and stuffing them is even better. (Stuffed w/dried tomato, and cheese, or minced herbs and garlic, in a bit of butter,) Tyler Florence has a great recipe for Smothered pork chops--not particularily low cal I'm sure, but super tasty.
  • siouan
    siouan Posts: 40 Member
    Either covered in barbecue rub or a mix of lime juice, garlic and chopped coriander/cilantro, then grill them. Yummy!
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    If you eat sweet carbs you could slice up an onion and a couple of granny smith apples to cook along with the pork chops. You can season with thyme or sage if you prefer. A little cider vinegar to deglaze the pan makes nice moisture without actually making sauce or gravy. A spoonful of dijon mustard is nice, too.
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    A blob of garlic and herb Philladephia is nice too, or some caraway seeds or harrissa paste!
    Now I want pork chops!!
  • Lconsla
    Lconsla Posts: 226 Member
    Now that's what i'm talking about! I use a chicken/rib rub then either fry them or grill them. lol....pork chops for dinner you say? I think i'm going to have to hit walmart on the way home!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Brine them, then grill them. Or brine them, stuff them with something like pancetta and apples, pan sear and finish in the oven
  • yennikcmm
    yennikcmm Posts: 2 Member
    I cook mine in the slow cooker, I cover the bottom with bbq sauce then add the pork chops then add move bbq sauce and cook for about 6 hours on high.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    I cook mine in the slow cooker, I cover the bottom with bbq sauce then add the pork chops then add move bbq sauce and cook for about 6 hours on high.

Same here, though I generally just use sriracha instead of the BBQ
  • Attached to the pig. I split him down the front, dump out the entrails and wash him down, put him spread eagle on a couple of landing mats and spread hot oak or hickory coals under him for about 8-12 hours. Then I just pull the chops out and omnomnomnom...... (Countryboy secret.....the best part of a pig for pickin is the tongue....) True Story.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I don't eat porkchops anymore. However, my mom use to make them in the oven.

Put the oven at 350F to pre heat

In a pirates dish put tomatoe juice, put in your pork chops, tomato juice to cover them, salt, pepper, garlic (or garlic powder), cut up onion and drizzle some rice... I do this with chicken now and it's still delish! The onions bring out the flavour and the tomato juice keeps the pork chops tender.

You can cover them if you want with tin foil and for the last 10 minutes uncover. I like it better uncovered because the onions would be a bit crispier.

Happy eats!
  • dutchman24
    dutchman24 Posts: 108 Member
    My favorite, is to grill them. The other way we do them is in a cassarole with rice.
  • wwk10
    wwk10 Posts: 244 Member
    They dont have to be huge,but they have to be pretty thick for this technique.

2 cups cold water, 1 TBS salt, 1 TBS pepper, 2 TBS sugar, 1 bay leaf
    Put chops in this brine for 20 minutes.

Heat oven to 200 degrees
    Put cast iron skillet in oven

put pork chops in a pan in oven and heat until center temperature is 90 dgrees
    WHen you take chops out they will still look raw.

Put cast iron skillet on stove with canola oil on hi
    salt and peper chops and cook on each side about 3 mintues per side.

They will be super juicy.

While chops are resting, add 1 cup red wine to frying pan and scrape burnt pieces off bottom of pan.
    Reduce heat.
    add 2 cups chicken stock and one bay leaf.
    simmer until you have 1/3 original liquid.
    This will not be a gravy. It will be a thin sauce to put on top of chops
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Low and slow
  • I am planning on making some pork chops tonight.. Wasn't sure what to do exaclty but was thinking about a steak seasoning mix and some onions and sticking in the oven for a good while. Don't have much food in my apartment right now so seasoning has been a bit of a challenge. I like some of the ideas especially the tomato juice one
  • Tiff4378
    Tiff4378 Posts: 45 Member
    Recently I've made mine in the crockpot. I cooked them on low for 8 hours with a can of reduced fat cream of mushroom soup. They were very tender and the cream of mushroom makes a nice gravy. They were not high in calories at all.
  • Kellylynnhaynes
    Kellylynnhaynes Posts: 73 Member
    We had pork chops the other night, I also cook mine on my george foreman. I just use a dry seasoning.