How do you cook your pork chops?

Replies

• Brine them, then grill them. Or brine them, stuff them with something like pancetta and apples, pan sear and finish in the oven

^this. I think they're good with some kind of fruit or a sweet glaze. Also like the way my grandma makes em - simple and easy - lightly breaded, baked, covered in mushroom sauce and served with dressing!
  • Lillypearl62
    Lillypearl62 Posts: 23 Member
    Check out this recipe on Skinnytaste. It is restaurant quality.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/06/pork-chops-with-dijon-herb-sauce-525-ww.html
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    I like using Chinese or piri piri marinade, with salad on a wrap... With a little mango chutney or mayonnaise x
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    I normally put italian seasoning or a steak rub on them and grill them up. Grilled Porkchops are a favorite in my family

That's what I do too. I eat them with A1 sauce.
  • With cheese.
  • daylily2005
    daylily2005 Posts: 203 Member
    I've made this a few times---absolutely delicious!

baked marinated pork chops: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/marinated-baked-pork-chops/
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    I am still trying to master pork chops because my husband loves them. I never liked them because of my mom overcooking them when we were kids so never really learned to cook them. Some great ideas here to try.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    oven "grilled" in a fan oven
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    I use a honey & maple rub then throw them on the George Foreman grill.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    I'm doing pork chops for dinner too. I sprinkly lightly with Tony Chachere's cajun season and grill in my cast iron grill pan.

Or, lightly rub with a BBQ rub, good on grill pan, then brush some Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce over it during the last 3 minutes or so.

Or, lightly sprinkly with Goya Adobo, finish with fresh lime. LOTS of fresh lime.

All of those take aorund 20 minutes or less, depending on the thicknes of the cut.
  • kcrxgirl
    kcrxgirl Posts: 114 Member
    I like to season them with a little seasoned salt and tomato, basil, garlic Mrs Dash. You can bake them or cook them in the skillet. Sometimes I use "healty recipe" cream of mushroom soup as gravy (add a little milk til it reaches the consistency you like).
  • angelicarubi
    angelicarubi Posts: 148 Member
    I usually do breaded pork chops and bake them.

or also bake and put barbecue sauce on them.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Marinated in italian drssing and grilled!!! Works great everytime!
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    I season them with Fiesta Brand Pork Rub then toss them on our grill for about 5-6 minutes per side depending on how thick they are! I always cook them out on our grill.

https://www.fiestaspices.com/index.asp
  • reasnableblonde
    reasnableblonde Posts: 212 Member
    Put them in a baking dish with 1 tsp low sodium soy sauce, 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce, 3/4 - 1 tsp Jamaican jerk seasoning and 1/4 tsp olive oil. Broil until cooked through.

Delicious.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Sear on stove, bake in oven for 20 minutes last 5 minutes top with 1tbps apricot preserves (all fruit)
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Cast iron skillet, super high heat, bit of butter (olive oil won't work - you need a higher flashpoint).

Sear them both sides (about 10 minutes). This causes the maillard reaction, which is what makes meat in your fave restaurant taste so damn good.

Then transfer them to the oven and bake em covered the rest of the way.
  • gcmcd
    gcmcd Posts: 1 Member
    Brown them then put them in a crock-pot. Add a can of low fat cream of mushroom soup, about a 1/2 cup of water, quartered potatoes, celery - diced into large pieces, an onion - diced into large pieces, baby carrots, mushrooms. For spices you can add - to taste - garlic - pepper - any other favorite spices. Cook on low 8 hours, or, medium for 6 hours..depending on time you have available.
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,052 Member
    I that was "code" :wink:

Grill them....:smile: