Dumbest fitness related thing your S/O has said

Options
13»

Replies

• envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    When I mentioned that I needed to get more protein in my diet:

"Why are you trying to get jacked? You''re already musculer! Don't go to the extreme!"

Thank you, but I'm not trying to get jacked, I just like picking up heavy things.
  • aimeewick
    aimeewick Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Mine told me that liquid calories don't count because your body burns them differently.:laugh:
  • kmorg22
    kmorg22 Posts: 180
    Options
    I'm too skinny eat a cheeseburger
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    "Don't get too skinny"
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I'm single so I don't have to live with anyone telling me stupid things, but my best friend and I were doing P90X one day when her neighbor stopped by. She is crackhead skinny, without an ounce of muscle on her whole body. She says "Women really shouldn't do workouts like that because the minute you stop, all your muscle will turn back to fat." Ok, crackhead.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    My husband still thinks that high rep/low weight will help me build leaner muscles. I've just taken to telling him I want big muscles :laugh:
  • rachelbethany
    rachelbethany Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Wow. There's no way I could be in a relationship with someone who thinks a "thigh gap" is the ideal for women. No matter how much weight I lose, my thighs are always the biggest (most muscular AND most fat-retaining) part of my body. Sure, I'VE expressed wanting more of a gap between my thighs before, but I would have to starve to accomplish that. Fortunately, my boyfriend (who is super skinny/nothing but gaps himself, lol) thinks it's ridiculous and prefers me to look healthy. No offense to your fiancé; you obviously can laugh it right off. But omg! That's a horrible thing to say.
  • Kooraloo
    Kooraloo Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    This is most definitely not the stupidest, but (to me) it's one of the funniest because I already have super broad shoulders and the older day my mom said to me, "ohmygod, you've been ignoring my advice and swimming butterfly right??? Your shoulders look so manly and will no longer look good in anything other than t-shirts!"
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options

Him "Well, when a woman is at the very peak of her physical fitness.... there will be a thigh gap"

Hmmm I kinda thought this was true!? Isn't like a male V?
    I had a thigh gap at 200 lbs when I'd never stepped foot in a gym in my life.

Got's dem birthin' hips.

I am SURE there are a ton of very fit women who do not have a thigh gap. (oh here we go again). It's NOTHING like the male V.

Very true. When I was in the Army and was in peak performance shape (I was a body builder in training) I never had a thigh gap.

Whether a woman has a thigh gap has to do with how wide her hips are. I have rather narrow hips.
  • LoveByBillie
    LoveByBillie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My husband has said many dumb things.. I will just name a few:
    *We ate at Hardees one day for lunch and we both got a cinnimon rasin biscuit and as we are eating it he tells me "you know you are no good at dieting , right?" I just about slapped him
    *"Well I am loosing weight and eating more how come you aren't loosing weight?" Actually I am loosing more inches then weight.... but aparantly thats not good enough
    *You dont need to go to the YMCA to do exercise classes there is plently of work to do around the house to loose weight

This list could go on and on...
  • ggsmamma
    ggsmamma Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Me: I wonder when I will be able to see results? (after on my "eating proper portions journey" for about 4 months and losing 10#).

Him: Well, when you take a cup of water from the ocean, it is difficult to see a difference. (said in a sweet-sincere-didn't-have-any-idea-he stepped-in-it voice)