Do you live to eat? or do you eat to live?

Options
Do you live to eat? or do you eat to live?

Replies

• PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I eat to live. I don't like eating much in the first place, so I eat things I truly enjoy and eat just enough to nourish my body.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Neither. As with most things in life, I tend away from the endpoints in favor of the middle ground.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Neither. As with most things in life, I tend away from the endpoints in favor of the middle ground.

This, or both.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    I'm a chef, so I do both.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

This, or both.

Agreed I'm fine with either answer...
  • skittles1928
    skittles1928 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Live to eat. I love it!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I eat to live during the week and live to eat on weekends!
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    I live to eat...which is why I am currently on MFP tracking so I can live to eat but do it in more moderation and in a healthier way...trying to strike a balance.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options

LOL-Yup;-)This!
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I live to eat. Mainly the reason I'm on this site. Hoping to get a better relationship with food.
  • Jessicapages1
    Jessicapages1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I EAT TO LIVE!!!!!! wish I would have learned that long ago!!!! eating healthy is the best thing I ahve done for myself in a long time!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Life is a series of meals, with some digestion in between.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I live to eat! I love to cook. I love good quality ingredients. I read food blogs and magazines. I write my own recipes. When breakfast is over, I think about lunch, and when I finish lunch, I look forward to dinner, after dinner I greatly anticipate my dessert. For me, food is something I find true joy in eating and sharing.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

Agreed. Some foods I eat to live, some foods I live to eat. Why can't you do both?
  • sblake204
    sblake204 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely a foodie, so i would have to say i live to eat...and drink :drinker:
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    My answer is best summed up by these quotes:

"I, for one, would much rather swoon over a few thin slices of prime beefsteak, or one small serving of chocolate mousse, or a sliver of foie gras than indulge to the full on such nonentities as fat-free gelatin puddings...."

"The pleasures of the table — that lovely old-fashioned phrase — depict food as an art form, as a delightful part of civilized life. In spite of food fads, fitness programs, and health concerns, we must never lose sight of a beautifully conceived meal."

Agreed, Julia Child.

Food can add tremendous joy to your life; there is nothing wrong or unhealthy about loving it. A great meal is something I live for, sure - it's one of many things that make my life a pleasure to live. The fact that a great meal most often is made with real ingredients, "beautifully conceived," nourishing my body is a bonus. Like I enjoy a good run or playing with my son, I love great food. I'm not afraid to admit that. I'm delighted that I've found a balance that allows my body to be healthy and my palate to be satisfied.
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I live to eat! I love food! I love trying new things. Losing weight actually makes it easier because I'm always looking for healthy recipes which can sometimes take a little more work. More time spent looking at delicious meals to cook? Yes! :D
  • SeaJenni
    SeaJenni Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I would prefer to live to eat, but I'm on a budget, so I'm eating to live at the moment. Just taking what I can get.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    My answer is best summed up by these quotes:

"I, for one, would much rather swoon over a few thin slices of prime beefsteak, or one small serving of chocolate mousse, or a sliver of foie gras than indulge to the full on such nonentities as fat-free gelatin puddings...."

"The pleasures of the table — that lovely old-fashioned phrase — depict food as an art form, as a delightful part of civilized life. In spite of food fads, fitness programs, and health concerns, we must never lose sight of a beautifully conceived meal."

Agreed, Julia Child.

Food can add tremendous joy to your life; there is nothing wrong or unhealthy about loving it. A great meal is something I live for, sure - it's one of many things that make my life a pleasure to live. The fact that a great meal most often is made with real ingredients, "beautifully conceived," nourishing my body is a bonus. Like I enjoy a good run or playing with my son, I love great food. I'm not afraid to admit that. I'm delighted that I've found a balance that allows my body to be healthy and my palate to be satisfied.

Right on!
  • McAlyna
    McAlyna Posts: 123 Member
    Options

^Exactly this^
    I love foods and glad I found EM2WL group.