5'3" ladies!

Options
hello ladies! can someone please share with me the ideal weight for that hight! and have u managed to get to ur perfect weight!? and how long did it take u? am 138.6 lbs! my goal weight is! 121lbs! people are telling me i can't get there as they say "am big boned! " please ladies share with me your stories!

Replies

• SarahSosi
    SarahSosi Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    bump! wake up ladies :D
  • AnneMercedes
    AnneMercedes Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    honey....for a 5'3" female...i may have this wrong but I believe the recommended weight is around 135.....I am between 5'3" and 5'4" and I'm at 198 right now....i think if i got down to 135 i would look like a crack head....go with whatever weight you feel comfortable and think you look good at...an ideal weight is an average of however many people in a certain age range and certain height range....it doesn't mean that it's right for everyone....and if you stress over not being the "ideal" weight then you're going to make yourself unhappy and possibly sick in other areas....believe me i know this sounds like a lot of kumbyah crap but it's taken me a while not to be so hard on myself about the way I look....I still don't like it but I'm working on it... :smile:
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and I am at my goal weight of 125 and don't want to get any smaller so you will just need to see how you feel about yourself when you down to whatever goal you think you want and see how you feel about it
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    awww thanks ladies for the reply! and 125 is awesome weight! well done!
  • lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I"m 5'3" and have my current goal set at 150...might go to 145 after that...but not sure yet...hovering in the 165 range this week...
    If you are actually considered "big boned" somewhere in the 140's should be where you are aiming for....but again that's a personal decision, depending on how you feel and look at that weight. I would personally not consider anything under 135 for myself, as that was the weight I was in high school, and I was pretty skinny then!

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    how long did it take u to get there?
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    I"m 5'3" and have my current goal set at 150...might go to 145 after that...but not sure yet...hovering in the 165 range this week...
    If you are actually considered "big boned" somewhere in the 140's should be where you are aiming for....but again that's a personal decision, depending on how you feel and look at that weight. I would personally not consider anything under 135 for myself, as that was the weight I was in high school, and I was pretty skinny then!

Good luck! :flowerforyou:

i love the way i look now! but i stil want to look sexier! :love: i still look like i have some junk in the trunk :blushing:
  • CrazyLadyLuv
    CrazyLadyLuv Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are right above the weight that u need to be. A good thing to do is use google or a search engine to locate a BMI (body mass index) chart and that will show you what a Healthy weight range is for your height and weight.
  • jopowell84
    jopowell84 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just looked it up ...it can be between 111-140, but a healthy weight would be around 120-130. Where you are is a good weight, And as long as your happy with how you look and you feel great and your health is good i wouldnt worry to much.. im 5ft 2in and when i was 130 i felt great and i loved how i looked even when i was 140....it was after 140 that your health and body feel the extra weight. And the weight also can vary on frame...docs say i should be about 110 but if i did you would proly see all my bones lol...so my advice is ..its your body if your happy then be happy and just maintain it. and if you wanna lose a couple more pounds cut 500-1000 calories out each day, and continue with the workouts to that you would do to maintain the weight you are now and it should help, it wouldnt be over night but it would come off.
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    You are right above the weight that u need to be. A good thing to do is use google or a search engine to locate a BMI (body mass index) chart and that will show you what a Healthy weight range is for your height and weight.

thanks honey! will do that right away! :flowerforyou:
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    :love:
    Just looked it up ...it can be between 111-140, but a healthy weight would be around 120-130. Where you are is a good weight, And as long as your happy with how you look and you feel great and your health is good i wouldnt worry to much.. im 5ft 2in and when i was 130 i felt great and i loved how i looked even when i was 140....it was after 140 that your health and body feel the extra weight. And the weight also can vary on frame...docs say i should be about 110 but if i did you would proly see all my bones lol...so my advice is ..its your body if your happy then be happy and just maintain it. and if you wanna lose a couple more pounds cut 500-1000 calories out each day, and continue with the workouts to that you would do to maintain the weight you are now and it should help, it wouldnt be over night but it would come off.

great! thanks hun!
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Lifting weights means that 150 should look pretty good at our height. Technically it would still be considered overweight (bmi is an awful measure for fit, muscley peeps), but my size would be small & that's what matters.
  • brittany103
    brittany103 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", so only an inch shorter and I'm bouncing between 118-120 right now, I started at 145 and it took my 6 months to get to 118. Right not I'm just trying to maintain until the holidays are over, but my goal is 115, I think. For your height I think 120-130 is a good range.

Setting a goal is hard, it really depends on what you look like and how you feel, 128 was my original goal since that was the smallest I ever was, but I just wasn't happy there. I would definitely suggest you take measurements, it is really the only way I can see my weight loss. I know the scale is different, but when I look in the mirror I see myself still at 145, except when I take out the measuring tape I can see I lost 5.5 inches off my waist. It's really part mental for me, but good luck on your journey. :smile:
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3", with a small frame. My lowest weight is 106 - which I felt was too skinny. Right now I'm at 120, I just finished a 3 month bulk. My goal is to get my body fat down to 15%, hoping my weight will stay around 115.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my goal weight is 125. I weighed far less than that all through my twenties and I don't recall anyone commenting on how thin I was. So I think your goal is fine. There are online calculators for "ideal body weight" but they are generally a range and too broad a number to nail down. I say shoot for your intended goal, and as you approach it, reflect on how you feel. Maybe you get to 125 and say "wow, don't want to go any lower than this". Or you get to 121 and think, "hmmmm maybe 118 would be better". Only you (and your doctor) can decide what's best for you. Ignore the naysayers.
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    well done ladies! amazing losses! thanks for sharing!
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"3', and my goal weight WAS 115...now my goal is just to Eat better and to move more, whatever weight I get to will be fine :)

I started at 140 and am now at 125
  • ashleyhacker
    Options
    I am 5'3''
    I am currently 168 lbs and I want to get down to 110 lbs
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't dream of being 121. FOR ME.. it is unrealistic. I have a medium bone structure, but I am heavily muscled. I currently wear a size 8/10 (depends on the day) and am about 175lbs. I have more to lose, but it will take longer now because I have just switched from a strict 1200 cal diet to eating at 1800 cals/day.

I'd personally be thrilled at 145lbs with the amount of muscle that I have.

I think you should take into account your bone structure, your muscle mass and your desired body image. Once you do that, you can determine if it's realistic.

Good luck.