5'3" ladies!

Options

Replies

• SarahSosi
    SarahSosi Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my goal weight is 125. I weighed far less than that all through my twenties and I don't recall anyone commenting on how thin I was. So I think your goal is fine. There are online calculators for "ideal body weight" but they are generally a range and too broad a number to nail down. I say shoot for your intended goal, and as you approach it, reflect on how you feel. Maybe you get to 125 and say "wow, don't want to go any lower than this". Or you get to 121 and think, "hmmmm maybe 118 would be better". Only you (and your doctor) can decide what's best for you. Ignore the naysayers.

love it thanks hun! :smooched:
  • SarahSosi
    Options

thanks for the link hun! Ideal weight range is 114 - 125.4 lbs. (51.8 - 57 kg.).
    You are overweight by 12.6 lbs. (6 kg.). that's what i got!
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    I wouldn't dream of being 121. FOR ME.. it is unrealistic. I have a medium bone structure, but I am heavily muscled. I currently wear a size 8/10 (depends on the day) and am about 175lbs. I have more to lose, but it will take longer now because I have just switched from a strict 1200 cal diet to eating at 1800 cals/day.

I'd personally be thrilled at 145lbs with the amount of muscle that I have.

I think you should take into account your bone structure, your muscle mass and your desired body image. Once you do that, you can determine if it's realistic.

Good luck.

thanks sweetheart! :heart:
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'3" and I used to like to "think" I was "big boned!" lol At one point I lost 100 lbs...trust me, underneath all this "padding" is a tiny person! I looked best at about 145 and that's what was the easiest to maintain. I got to 123 at one point and because I was working out like a fiend I was at 10% body fat...and I didn't look good. I was very "cut" but it was too much. Bottom line is it depends on SO much! It depends on your LBM, your body shape, etc.....
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    I'm 5"3', and my goal weight WAS 115...now my goal is just to Eat better and to move more, whatever weight I get to will be fine :)

I started at 140 and am now at 125

wow awesome weight loss!
  • lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    how long did it take u to get there?

Not sure if this was directed at me? I started MFP in January at 205lb, slow and steady loss since then, and down to 164 at my lowest so far! So 41 pounds in 10 months.
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    5'2" here... currently 140 lbs and very unhappy with it. I had a goal of about 120 lbs.

However, my mindset nowadays is more on bodyfat % and inches on my waist. Honestly..what good is a number on a scale if I don't feel fit & strong? With that said.. I would like to go down several inches on my waist, and get to a healthy bodyfat percentage. (I'm currently "overweight", or obese or whatever)
  • neleanor1
    Options
    i was 121lbs and it took me a week to get to 114lbs (my current weight) through calorie restriction and lots of water :) i feel ok at this weight, i'd like to be a little smaller though.
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    how long did it take u to get there?

Not sure if this was directed at me? I started MFP in January at 205lb, slow and steady loss since then, and down to 164 at my lowest so far! So 41 pounds in 10 months.

:flowerforyou: well done!
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    5'2" here... currently 140 lbs and very unhappy with it. I had a goal of about 120 lbs.

However, my mindset nowadays is more on bodyfat % and inches on my waist. Honestly..what good is a number on a scale if I don't feel fit & strong? With that said.. I would like to go down several inches on my waist, and get to a healthy bodyfat percentage. (I'm currently "overweight", or obese or whatever)

haha! am overweight as well! awesome goal! good luck hon!:smooched:
  • carlysuzanne85
    carlysuzanne85 Posts: 204 Member
    Options

Thanks for posting that website!

Also, I'm 5'3" and I currently weight 140. The smallest I've been was 117 and, for me, that felt too skinny. I'm most comfortable around 125 and that's my current goal. According to the above website, that's where I should be as well. At the weight you are now, you are definitely in a "healthy" or "normal" weight according to BMI calculators (which are arguably not the most accurate assessment, but, nonetheless) so I say, go with what's most comfortable for you! For me, I find the closer I get to my goal, the harder it is to lose weight because I'm not overweight according to BMI but I have gotten there in the past and know that I can do it again--just need to work on my maintenance this time around! Keep up the good work! Good luck heading to your goal!
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    :flowerforyou: awesome! u look fantastic!
  • SarahSosi
    Options

Thanks for posting that website!

Also, I'm 5'3" and I currently weight 140. The smallest I've been was 117 and, for me, that felt too skinny. I'm most comfortable around 125 and that's my current goal. According to the above website, that's where I should be as well. At the weight you are now, you are definitely in a "healthy" or "normal" weight according to BMI calculators (which are arguably not the most accurate assessment, but, nonetheless) so I say, go with what's most comfortable for you! For me, I find the closer I get to my goal, the harder it is to lose weight because I'm not overweight according to BMI but I have gotten there in the past and know that I can do it again--just need to work on my maintenance this time around! Keep up the good work! Good luck heading to your goal!

amazing weight loss! thanks hun for sharing!
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and currently 113 lbs. I started at about 155 and it took me 10 months to lose 41 lbs. I tend to be on the petite size. You have to go with what feels and looks right for you.
  • heidimaggott78
    Options
    My goal is between 130 and 135 and I have a small bone structure...
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    5'3. Don't really have a perfect weight. I want to be around 140-150 but my main focus is BF%. I want to be around 16-18% BF. IDK, it's forever changing. I'll let you know when I get there.
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    i would say it's up to you. I"m 5'4.5 and aiming for 122-125. I don't think that's too small for me because I have very small wrists and a small-medium frame. When I was at 132 I still felt like I could lose a little more fat in my belly area. I'm still working on getting to my goal. If I can't make it, that's fine, but I'd like to be in the 120s instead of 130s for life. I think it all depends on how your body looks best. If you have a lot of muscle on your frame, you might not be able to make it under 130. All depends on how you look and feel. Also, I didn't have a lot to lose. For my frame, overweight is 145 and I was 152 to start out with. The lowest weight for my height is around 111, so I feel like aiming for 122 is reasonable. It all depends on you and your body.
  • FitKeely
    Options
    I'm 5'3'' and 3/4 inch and I weigh about 110 lbs and feel great, but I'm small-boned which makes a big difference. Sometimes I do actually want to gain a little more weight, but I figure as long as I'm getting in enough clean calories and exercising regularly, I should be good. Each person is different. The most important thing is to eat clean, do cardio, and do strength training. Everything else will take care of itself : ) best of luck to you.

SW: 143.0 in March
    CW: 110.0

lost: 33 lbs yay!
  • wildfirediva
    Options
    The obsession with using "weight" as an end all be all is concerning to me (not just the OP but in general). Weight can be an adequate measure of "progress" but many are locked into a number as opposed to health and fitness. More need to focus on Body Fat %, muscular and cardiovascular strength, flexibility and overall sense of well being.

There needs to be a reassessment of personal goals.
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and currently 113 lbs. I started at about 155 and it took me 10 months to lose 41 lbs. I tend to be on the petite size. You have to go with what feels and looks right for you.

awesome! thanks for sharing!