New Haircut: Opinions Please

Options
jcstanton
jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
So, I'm thinking about getting my hair cut in the next week or so. I found a cut that I really like, but I'm on the fence about it. I LOVE the way it looks in the photo, but I'm not sure I'll like it on me. I've never had a cut this short and my hair is extremely thin on top due to PCOS and hypothyroidism. What do you guys think? Should I go for it? The first photo is a pic of the cut I'm thinking about getting. The second photo is a headshot of me.

Cute-Short-Hairstyles-2011.jpg

11066630_9092.jpg

Replies

• Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    No. It's ugly and you are too young to have ugly hair!

..and I think you're really pretty. :heart:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    If you like it, I say go for it!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    eek.gif
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    you can get that body with product. (probably the only time that phrase has been said on MFP that won't get flamed) but i would worry that the cut is older than you want.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    your face is too cute for an old lady cut, maybe show the pic to the hairdresser for an idea but ask for something more youthful

it looks like the cuts 70 year old actresses have on soap operas, youre just too young
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    Honestly I like your hair the way it is now
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    guuuurrrll.gif

I think that cut is too old for you. You are really pretty so i'd say nahhh on that cut and get something a little more age appropriate... Just my opinion.

:flowerforyou:
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    that cut is dated. Way too dated for you.
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I think it's way out-dated.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't go with that cut and style if your hair is really thin. You won't get the "body" and the "volume" that the photo has, which is the best part about that style.
  • Micheetah
    Micheetah Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I like ur haircut now too, if ur looking for volume and shape try an a-line haircut. def more youthful and stylish.. and u are pretty ;)
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    When it comes to haircuts, it's not about what looks good, it's about what suits you personally. As others have said, it's old fashioned, which isn't a problem if you like it but... a few things to consider are the texture of your hair, hair colour, thickness/volume and face shape. You say you have thin hair, I'd look for a haircut that would add volume while defining your face shape a little more.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I think you're too young and cute for it.

But layers are great for adding volume to thin/fine hair.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I agree, the cut reminds me of older soap actresses. But I also agree that some layers might help to give you some volume and body, so if you could find one like that but modified younger!
  • Strobins05
    Options
    eek.gif

^^^ This ish is FUNNY!!!!!:laugh:
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Agree that cut is too old-ladyish for you. If you want layers, I think you'd look great with one of those cuts that's longer in the front and short in the back.
  • jcstanton
    Options
    eek.gif

:laugh: Are you saying my picture freaks you out, or the subject in general?
  • jcstanton
    Options
    Wow! I wasn't expecting this many negative comments. The woman in the photo is younger than me and I don't think it makes her look like an old lady. Oh, well, guess it's back to the drawing board.
  • jcstanton
    Options
    Agree that cut is too old-ladyish for you. If you want layers, I think you'd look great with one of those cuts that's longer in the front and short in the back.

That's what I've done the last three times I've gotten my hair cut. I'm bored with it and was looking for something different.
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    i think it's ok, but would go shorter in the back so it's more even....if that make sense? i like the inverted bobs :smile: