EX-HUSBAND Christmas gift

Options

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Id say give him an email confirmation, printed out, wrapped.. that shows him he has confirmed his new account at Christian Singles... Tell him it's what God wanted you to do.

:bigsmile:

HAHAHAHAHAHA :)
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Once I told an ex I had a present for him and I was coming over. When I arrived, he was laying there naked in a housecoat, waiting for his "present"

no more presents for the ex
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Once I told an ex I had a present for him and I was coming over. When I arrived, he was laying there naked in a housecoat, waiting for his "present"

I would pee my pants!
  • madtownjeremy
    Options
    Get your kids to scribble a bunch of randomness on a piece of paper, throw some sparkles on that b!tch. Bam - Merry Christmas!!

^^This! LOL!
  • livestar
    livestar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    exlax wrapped in a hershey's wrapper.
  • elijhasmomma
    elijhasmomma Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    How much do you usually spend? How about taking the kids to pick something out? The best gifts were the ones that were handmade by our son and didn't come from the store. Anything the kids pick out or make is sweet! :) Then it really is from them instead of something from you, which it sounds like you want to avoid.

Well, for his birthday, "we" ended up buying him a Dolce & Gabanna watch (he loves watches). It pretty much cost more than a mortgage payment, but I knew he'd love it & the kids thought it was great. We gave it to him and he said "he loved it" which i'm sure he did, what's not to love? It's a beautiful watch & it LOOKED expensive (which is something he'd appreciate). Anyways, come father's day (shortly after) his MOTHER bought him a cheap replica watch (off the internet) and he decided (like he always did) that "what comes from his mother is better" and totally scrapped the watch from his kids and wore the cheap replica his mother bought.

That's all fine.....BUT, I've decided to go cheaper ever since, just so it's not such a big loss if he tosses it to the side.

I'd say in the 50-100$ range.

Damn...my now ex-wife barely spent that when we were together...you are a very sweet person. What is he into?

Honestly, he's into......himself lol

he's extremely hard to buy for, and always was, because his mother takes over all the "wifely duties". I mean, a WIFE is supposed to buy her husbands boxers, socks, deoderant, cologne, clothes, pajamas etc.......his mother did all that and TRUMPED anything I bought (of the same caliber) because hers was always better (yeah, he's that guy)

So even then I never knew what to buy for him. I used to get him electronics (tvs, blu rays, appliances, etc) but that is a little much these days :)

Hard to buy him things now because I have no idea what he owns? I don't know what his gf buys him etc.

Uhhmm so let the g/f buy his *kitten*. Let the kids make some crafts as the others suggested. You got rid of him, why the hell would you care wtf he thinks?? And WTF would you buy him an expensive a s s watch like that? Lol, I understand civility but c'mon! It almost comes off as if you are stressing what to get because you care what he thinks or what he feels about the gift?

No wonder he is spoiled and walking all over people. Men like that, excuse me, GUYS like that, who don't appreciate their wife, their kids...theyd on't deserve crap from them in my opinion. But if you want to be nice, give the kids $20-$30 a piece and take them to the gift section in any store, wal-mart, target, wheverever and just let them pick out a bunch of little gifts. They will feel like they played a big part and can most likely find more then one gift in their price range. What does it matter if he needs or likes it anyway since he doesn't seem to cherish *kitten* he gets with meaning behind it, including his kids (according to the "thats nice get in the car" comment)
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Get your kids to scribble a bunch of randomness on a piece of paper, throw some sparkles on that b!tch. Bam - Merry Christmas!!

^^^This!
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    How much do you usually spend? How about taking the kids to pick something out? The best gifts were the ones that were handmade by our son and didn't come from the store. Anything the kids pick out or make is sweet! :) Then it really is from them instead of something from you, which it sounds like you want to avoid.

Well, for his birthday, "we" ended up buying him a Dolce & Gabanna watch (he loves watches). It pretty much cost more than a mortgage payment, but I knew he'd love it & the kids thought it was great. We gave it to him and he said "he loved it" which i'm sure he did, what's not to love? It's a beautiful watch & it LOOKED expensive (which is something he'd appreciate). Anyways, come father's day (shortly after) his MOTHER bought him a cheap replica watch (off the internet) and he decided (like he always did) that "what comes from his mother is better" and totally scrapped the watch from his kids and wore the cheap replica his mother bought.

That's all fine.....BUT, I've decided to go cheaper ever since, just so it's not such a big loss if he tosses it to the side.

Damn...my now ex-wife barely spent that when we were together...you are a very sweet person. What is he into?

he's extremely hard to buy for, and always was, because his mother takes over all the "wifely duties". I mean, a WIFE is supposed to buy her husbands boxers, socks, deoderant, cologne, clothes, pajamas etc.......his mother did all that and TRUMPED anything I bought (of the same caliber) because hers was always better (yeah, he's that guy)

So even then I never knew what to buy for him. I used to get him electronics (tvs, blu rays, appliances, etc) but that is a little much these days :)

Hard to buy him things now because I have no idea what he owns? I don't know what his gf buys him etc.

Well heck this one is easy...give him a big picture of him and/or his mother framed and call it a day. On the back put "because I know this is something you will admire daily..Love the kids!

Also, here locally we have a place called "the Paint Spot" where you can paint plates, cars, picture frames etc, have the kids do that for him.
  • seehawkmomma
    Options

I would pee my pants!

That alone would be the best present ever :)
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Framed photo of the kids, and a home made card.
  • natesangel
    natesangel Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    a mirror?
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options

Uhhmm so let the g/f buy his *kitten*. Let the kids make some crafts as the others suggested. You got rid of him, why the hell would you care wtf he thinks?? And WTF would you buy him an expensive a s s watch like that? Lol, I understand civility but c'mon! It almost comes off as if you are stressing what to get because you care what he thinks or what he feels about the gift?

No wonder he is spoiled and walking all over people. Men like that, excuse me, GUYS like that, who don't appreciate their wife, their kids...theyd on't deserve crap from them in my opinion. But if you want to be nice, give the kids $20-$30 a piece and take them to the gift section in any store, wal-mart, target, wheverever and just let them pick out a bunch of little gifts. They will feel like they played a big part and can most likely find more then one gift in their price range. What does it matter if he needs or likes it anyway since he doesn't seem to cherish *kitten* he gets with meaning behind it, including his kids (according to the "thats nice get in the car" comment)

you speak the truth. I agree with all of this. I shouldn't care so much about "what he thinks". I just worried that it would reflect on myself and the kids if I didn't get him something nice. Almost as if he'd think i was "bitter" and "resentful" etc.........I really shouldn't care about what he thinks though, you're right. I think i'll take the kids to a general section I think he'd be okay with, and let them roam and pick something. Thanks!
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    handmade gifts from the kids. Ornaments with or without their pictures, a scrapbook that they put together with memories of them and their dad.

An earlier poster said to put his number on Craigslist in the "casual encounters" section. A better spin would be put his phone number with something to give away for free. Something crazy like chickens, ducks, goats or pigs. I know someone who did this as revenge and it was hilarious.
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    How about you frame a picture of his mother? Holy crap. A gift card to a studio so he can take a photo with his mom?
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    Does he get you a present for Christmas?
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options

You should hint that might happen do it again and have friends go with you and have all the phones ready to snap pics....
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

you speak the truth. I agree with all of this. I shouldn't care so much about "what he thinks". I just worried that it would reflect on myself and the kids if I didn't get him something nice. Almost as if he'd think i was "bitter" and "resentful" etc.........I really shouldn't care about what he thinks though, you're right. I think i'll take the kids to a general section I think he'd be okay with, and let them roam and pick something. Thanks!

I agree and think that's the best decision.

Seriously, if the father of my kid cheated on me and ruined the marriage, they'd be lucky if they didn't get a bomb for Christmas.
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I actually get along really well with my ex so I will get him (from the kids):

Jeans
    Jordan Shoes
    Socks (he always needs socks)
    A big box filled with (toliet paper, paper towels, napkins, plates, chips, jerky, shampoo, body wash and a couple of gift cards to a sporting goods store)
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Nah, just because one person thought you were being a b*tch doesn't mean others won't understand where you are coming from.

Whoa.

Nothing like putting words into my mouth..

If someone is going to put things in your mouth... better it be words... just saying...
  • scheatwood
    scheatwood Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    A tie. Just Because its cheap. It's what I get my dad every year, and its a Christmas one so he can't really wear it until next year. My mom gets my dad, her EX, one of the free calendars from her bank and regifts his fruit cake back to him.