EX-HUSBAND Christmas gift

Options

Replies

• rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Once I told an ex I had a present for him and I was coming over. When I arrived, he was laying there naked in a housecoat, waiting for his "present"

no more presents for the ex

You should hint that might happen do it again and have friends go with you and have all the phones ready to snap pics....

genius.
  • Micheetah
    Micheetah Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I don't get my ex/son's dad a gift. My money is for my family not him/his. Now that my son is older, maybe I'll ask him if he wants to get dad something, but i'd rather have him pick something for his dad's new daughter than his dad bc thats his lil sister. but the ex is just not a person I think of when its time to get gifts. and ESPECIALLY anything over $25. But if u insist, then homemade is the way to go, its traditional and a keepsake. He'll appreciate it when they get older, if he doesnt throw the gift out. I love seeing my old homemade ornaments on my moms tree.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Id say give him an email confirmation, printed out, wrapped.. that shows him he has confirmed his new account at Christian Singles... Tell him it's what God wanted you to do.

:bigsmile:

This! :laugh: for sure!

50-100??? Wow! I barely spend that on my partner! Definitely get the kids to make something or a photo of them in a nice frame. No better present in my eyes and doesn't cost much either! X
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    My ex-h and I are good friends (weve been divorced 7yrs) This year I bought some passes to a boomers type place for his whole family (him, his GF ,our kids and her 2 kids) its was just some coupons that will make it a littke easier for them to all go out as family.

This guy would be getting a crayon colored card though
  • ChirishGirl
    Options
    Footie pajamas. Nothing says "merry christmas daddy" like footie pajamas from the kids. Pink ones. That look like a bunny wabbit. HA!!
  • emmeylou
    emmeylou Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I really liked the idea that the gift should be something involving the kids... like tickets to a show, etc. For something slightly cheaper, you could do a "day at the movies" gift card type of thing for him and the kids....
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Footie pajamas. Nothing says "merry christmas daddy" like footie pajamas from the kids. Pink ones. That look like a bunny wabbit. HA!!

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Shamrock_me
    Options
    What.. they can't make him red & green macaroni art?

I get along with my ex now that he's way way long ago ex.. we buy each other weird little gifts every Christmas. You get over the past schtuff.. it's called being an adult. I try to make everyone believe I am one - but the really close people know I am not.

I usually buy him music - stuff he's never heard of so when it does get on the radio he'll text me.. "Hey I heard Black Stone Cherry today on the radio!" (last years gift) I'm getting him a Japanese movie this year - I saw it & liked it. "A Woman, A Gun & A Noodle Shop" is the title...
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I'm all for getting him a gift certificate to BP's and a box of condoms. He's probably out by now and the kids will like the pizza. *HUGS*
    Gift card

Nothing says "I really don't give a **** what you think of this gift" more than a gift card. :laugh:

I LOVE THIS and use this for that exact reason.

Plenty of them at Target. Or get him a Target one.

He used to work at Boston Pizza. He was actually set to become GM of the franchise here in town. When I divorced him, he quit his job (for whatever reason) and decided to go around collecting grease and restoring it with his best friend.

I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wanted to get him a BP gift card this Christmas. Just as a joke, but I know he wouldn't find it funny LOL (oh, and his gf works there)
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Does he get you a present for Christmas?

Good question. Does he let the kids buy a gift for you? I agree with pretty much every response here. What a jerk. You should just go with the homemade option and spend that money on yourself. Sounds like you really deserve it.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I actually get along really well with my ex so I will get him (from the kids):

Jeans
    Jordan Shoes
    Socks (he always needs socks)
    A big box filled with (toliet paper, paper towels, napkins, plates, chips, jerky, shampoo, body wash and a couple of gift cards to a sporting goods store)

Is your ex homeless?
  • elijhasmomma
    elijhasmomma Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Uhhmm so let the g/f buy his *kitten*. Let the kids make some crafts as the others suggested. You got rid of him, why the hell would you care wtf he thinks?? And WTF would you buy him an expensive a s s watch like that? Lol, I understand civility but c'mon! It almost comes off as if you are stressing what to get because you care what he thinks or what he feels about the gift?

No wonder he is spoiled and walking all over people. Men like that, excuse me, GUYS like that, who don't appreciate their wife, their kids...theyd on't deserve crap from them in my opinion. But if you want to be nice, give the kids $20-$30 a piece and take them to the gift section in any store, wal-mart, target, wheverever and just let them pick out a bunch of little gifts. They will feel like they played a big part and can most likely find more then one gift in their price range. What does it matter if he needs or likes it anyway since he doesn't seem to cherish *kitten* he gets with meaning behind it, including his kids (according to the "thats nice get in the car" comment)

you speak the truth. I agree with all of this. I shouldn't care so much about "what he thinks". I just worried that it would reflect on myself and the kids if I didn't get him something nice. Almost as if he'd think i was "bitter" and "resentful" etc.........I really shouldn't care about what he thinks though, you're right. I think i'll take the kids to a general section I think he'd be okay with, and let them roam and pick something. Thanks!

I think you are doing awesome by being strong enough to look past his "douche canoe antics" but I honestly wouldn't stress it as much. Let the kids have fun, let him know on the side though, that you will no longer be spoiling him in the name of his children as he doesn't seem to care much at all about anything but himself.
    He is obviously quite preoccupied with his new "life" so let him enjoy that til he gets bored with it too and roams. Any smart person would know that a 4 year old doesn't have an income and the money for the gift would be coming directly from your hard earned labor. He should be lucky that your kind enough to consider how it will reflect on your children even when he doesn't give two sh1ts about THEIR feelings. :flowerforyou:

ETA: (to fix quote mishap LOL)
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options

Jeans
    Jordan Shoes
    A big box filled with (toliet paper, paper towels, napkins, plates, chips, jerky, shampoo, body wash and a couple of gift cards to a sporting goods store)

Is your ex homeless?

tumblr_mdimabeY4l1qapzt3.gif
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I have this same issue every year…my ex-husband runs so hot & cold. He can be super cool one day, actually willing to help out with stuff with the kids and being nice to me. Then he can be a totally passive-aggressive twatwaffle the next & I have to remind myself that prison-orange is not a good color for a ginger.

What I’ve done in the past is a gift card to the movies along with a $1 box of candy for him & both kiddos. That way, they can have some father/kids time.
  • thathockeychick23
    Options
    A punch in the face. A gift card, clothing, maybe steaks again. The hand made gifts from the kids is such a great idea, but if he can't apperciate them, it's really his loss.
  • mistyladidah
    mistyladidah Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of a pic of his mom. Seriously. You could buy a frame that the kids decorate, and put a nice portrait of his mommy in it.

And (slightly less seriously) the condoms... he clearly doesn't deserve more kids. Or those could be for the GF, since her life would be screwed if they procreate.
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    i would have the kids make him something.
  • aStrongerSteph
    aStrongerSteph Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I like to have a pic taken of our daughter and put it on something...calendar, mug, etc and give him that or tickets for them to do something daddy/daughter-ish like mini golf, movies, bowling.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Fruitcake? Cheese log?
  • elijhasmomma
    elijhasmomma Posts: 270 Member
    Options

Jeans
    Jordan Shoes

Is your ex homeless?

tumblr_mdimabeY4l1qapzt3.gif

snickerlol.gif