Sore, bloody nipples

Options
13»

Replies

• 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Yep been their! The best thing to do is express a little bit of milk and rub the milk around your nipple after every feeding. They also have lanolin, but breastmilk worked best for me and its what my breastfeeding counselor adviced! If you ever need help with breastfeeding concerns, call the la leche league breastfeeding hotline, they can even direct you to a lactation.consultant in your area! I breast fed exclusively for a year plus.

I have a very strong feeling this was written without reading anything else here
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Nip guards. They look like little stop signs. But they work really well.

I always thought these things were funny, till my long runs started getting into the double digits.

Band aids are okay but tend to fall off. And only at the worst times.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Yep been their! The best thing to do is express a little bit of milk and rub the milk around your nipple after every feeding. They also have lanolin, but breastmilk worked best for me and its what my breastfeeding counselor adviced! If you ever need help with breastfeeding concerns, call the la leche league breastfeeding hotline, they can even direct you to a lactation.consultant in your area! I breast fed exclusively for a year plus.
    not sure if read...
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    NoahandPresleysMom Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Fortunately for females we can wear bras and such. :wink:

doesn't always work for women though. I've worn a sports bra while running but had the same problem.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

I have a very strong feeling this was written without reading anything else here

I'm hoping the OP doesn't start rubbing breast milk on his nipples after runs . . . but then again, to each his own . . .
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options

I'm hoping the OP doesn't start rubbing breast milk on his nipples after runs . . . but then again, to each his own . . .

Ok I have stomach cramps...stop it...too funny lol....
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    thanks for one more reason not to waste my time doing extended cardio!!
  • numsquat
    numsquat Posts: 133
    Options
    The only that has worked for me all the time is compression shirts under tech shirts. Wear compression shorts/tights also for chaffing in other places. Tossed away a few shirts before figuring it out.