New here and needing support!

Hi my name is Cierra. I am a 27 year old mom of 2. I just had knee surgery in October and am really wanting to loose weight. It's hard because I just started therapy and can't exercise yet so I have to do it by diet alone for now. I really am in need of a support system.:smile:

Replies

• rxman13
    rxman13 Posts: 348 Member
    Im new to
  • It's hard to hold yourself accountable. Being off work because of surgery I'm home all day and it's so easy to just get up walk into the kitchen and grab something. I found myself doing this and I know I'm not even hungry!
  • jay586
    jay586 Posts: 133
    feel free to add me
  • cmcmommy
    cmcmommy Posts: 197 Member
    you can add me :}
  • blueeylb
    blueeylb Posts: 297 Member
    welcome to mfp! you can add me. :)
  • hi am new here too. do add me :) take care of that knee!
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    I had major abdominal surgery in October and am limited in what I can do physically...not much lifting. I know what it's like to be unable to work out. I am doing my wt. loss with diet alone. Please feel free to add me.
  • shandi_b
    shandi_b Posts: 153 Member
    Feel free to add me. I am sorta new too and looking for like minded people with similar goals (an online support group so to speak) Losing the weight and getting healthier again.
  • feel free to add! :)
  • herrshiro
    herrshiro Posts: 17 Member
    Hey, welcome to the site! I just want to say that you CAN do this by counting calories alone. I've lost 75 pounds and I haven't been to the gym this year. I'm not proud of that, but it's true. And I didn't starve myself either!

Of course the ideal is to eat the right amount of calories and exercise, but don't wait for some perfect moment — jump in!
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    For all the newbies:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/809176-acronyms-and-terms-for-new-mfp-members-v-3-3

I keep up with terms and acronyms here as there is not a dictionary or glossary provided by the staff.
  • twosocks09
    twosocks09 Posts: 10 Member
    If any of you haven't measured yet do it ASAP! It's all those small cm's that add up to amazing inches that keep me on track. I have only lost 20 lbs but, 38 inches total body measurements.