*** Runners' Team * 50+ and 100+ Miles in December *

Options
2012-White-Banner-FULLGROUP-DEC.PNG

Hi Runners,

~~ Who is in for a December Mileage Challenge?

The Challenge is: 50 miles of running minimum, 100 miles or more miles!

We have a 80 runners max for efficient mileage keeping.

*** Checking-in/Joining:
To join, simply let us know your goal mileage, then check in periodically, reporting your total running mileage and what you have done for the day, or if you have a race coming up (I am a race junky!) give us an update on that too.

If you like a mileage ticker, here is a "how to thread" describing how to set up and update your ticker:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/413332-runners-team-s-howtos

*** Running Mileage:
We only count *running* mileage. Some of us count mileage that is equivalent to running such as the mileage on the ARC trainer or the elliptical. Make sure the elliptical mileage is equivalent to your running mileage (you may consider using "time" on the elliptical and use that to convert to mileage. Email me for suggestions on how to convert mileages.

*** Where to post:
In this (A) thread or in the (B) group check-in threads below at the appropriate end date (or both A and B).
A. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/809786--runners-team-50-and-100-miles-in-december
B. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/660-runners-team-challenge-x-miles-in-a-month (please join the group first)

*** When and Frequency:
We will have check-ins at least once a week on Sundays (see dates on the spreadsheet). It refreshes as the month progresses. Please post updates least once weekly on or before the Sunday check in either the A or B threads or both.

Feel free to update us more ~~ because is fun to hear from you and what you are accomplishing - your updates help us begin inspired.

*** Hall of Fame :
Here you can find your results from previous months:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/411286-hall-of-fame

*** Current: December Spread Sheet & Trophy & Legend:

To refresh the spreadsheet -> click the refresh button on your browser, or try CTRL+R then CTRL + F5 a couple of times if you are using the Windows OS, or replace the CTRL key with Command key if you are on a MAC, or, Command+R and then Command+Shift+R on a MAC.
( --- refresh browser for latest copy --- )
2012-December-Check.PNG
2012-Legend.PNG
2012-12-Trophy-275.PNG

Replies

• MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Looking forward to closing out the year of running with you all!
  • drgndancer
    drgndancer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Hi Coor. I'm in for a light month. Shooting for 80. I'm going to start training for the New Orleans Rock and Roll half in January, so I figure I'll go easy on myself this month.
  • numsquat
    numsquat Posts: 133
    Options
    Saw this mid-Nov and decided it could help with incentive being that winter training I run less miles (though more speed work) and the weather affects my motivation. Would like to sign up for 75 miles. My workouts are timed versus miles during the winter but I think 75 would be a manageable goal.
  • elfpearl
    elfpearl Posts: 191
    Options
    Put me down for 145 for December! Might be tough as the weather here in Montana is getting a little wintery (haha it is December) but I do have my treadmill (yuck) for back-up. :)
  • gungho66
    gungho66 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    GOING FOR 50 THIS MONTH, PLEASE AND THANKS
  • elfpearl
    elfpearl Posts: 191
    Options
    First run of the month and I got to do it OUTSIDE!! So much better than the treadmill. Did 6.3 miles. :)
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to a December challenge... I'm in for 50 officially, but my secret goal is 80.... it's out there now, no turning back! :bigsmile: Happy Holidays everyone!
  • Cheeta_HH
    Cheeta_HH Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I had to take a break in November thanks to an injury, but I'm back in action! I decided, kind of on a whim, to run my first half on January 12. I'm going to shoot for 100 miles this month.

Thanks,
    HH
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Can I be put down for 50 again?? I'm hoping that my work schedule is finally set. If so, I will get my butt up early a few days a week to get some miles and then run on weekends. Thanks!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    50 for me please coor.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    4 miles this morning. Gorgeous out there. So good to be running. :-)

exercise.png
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Can you count me in on this. I need to get my but back in order. Put me down for 50 miles in December! Getting started today!
  • pafagel
    pafagel Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'd like to commit to 120 miles this month with 11.4 done so far=)
  • rdianemu
    rdianemu Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    50 miles this month please.
    12-1 2 miles
    12-2 4 miles
    WTD 6 miles
    Thank You!
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I'm in for another 100 miles in December!
  • es2189
    es2189 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Can I still join? I'd like to commit to 70 miles in December.
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    Not sure I'll be able to do 100 miles this month but am going to try -- should be getting in beginning mileage later today.....
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Check :glasses:
  • KristenF101
    Options
    Can I join? I'd like to commit to 80 miles in December, as I train for a 1/2 marathon on 1/27. I ran 9.26 today :-)
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    In a moment of madness - I'd like to commit to 100. And I'm going to hit "Post Reply" before I change my mind ....