Phestive Phitbits fly again!

Options
Hey Phitbits, this is our thread.

Becky has kindly set up a spreadsheet for us -

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgLvjeYOiHobdExJMXNMNG0ydjVkRnVyZG5iTll1NEE

Could you please make sure that you post into the spreadsheet every day - even if it's a 0 - so that I can report figures to Lee each day?

So, today's our first day, let's burn big and get ourselves on that map.
I know this isn't a race, but .... you know we're going to win, right? :-)

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    PS, given we're a new team, can we do introductions, just in case there's anyone who doesn't know everyone.

I'm Jane, 42, been stuck in a plateau for what seems like forever. I like to run, cycle and lift heavy things. I don't much care for winter, and my job's been horrible lately, and finding time to workout has been nearly impossible. I find these challenges in particular help me make time for working out, it becomes something I *have* to do for my teammates, and that way, it gets done. Sad that I find it hard to 'have to' do things just for myself, but hey ho, that's the way it is, so I might as well harness my self-esteem issues and put them to positive use! :-)

I have a lovely daughter, two great little dogs, and a gorgeous cat (he's a Norwegian Forest Cat) called Ziggy.

I do have a job that keeps me working 70 + hours a week, so i can be a little erratic. Prod me if I go quiet.
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness it's Dec 1!! Seriously... I need this kick in the butt to get myself going and this couldn't have come at a better time... :)

Hi everyone, I'm Becky. I'm a Social Worker in Montana who, unfortunately finds it much too easy to put everyone else's needs before her own. After losing my dad and grieving for close to a year I decided that it was time that I become Number One in my own life. That was just about two years ago. Did fantastic scale wise the first year and this last year I have done well with clothing sizes dropping but I just may be ending the year with a number on the scale that's higher than it was last year... I am NOT okay with that. Ha!

Challenges motivate the heck out of me. Especially team challenges. While this isn't a "race" I tend to view it that way a little because then I kick it into an extra gear. :) My burn numbers are usually pretty good - mostly because I still have a lot of weight left to come off this body! So it's easy to average about 1,000 cals burned in a typical workout... and many days you will see more than that. I am trying to find my inner runner. I know she's inside of me. I made a commitment to her that I'd run outside at least one time a week no matter the weather. And, I hope to do 13 in 13... which is 13 runs/events in 2013. Big goal. I also love lifting weights and Boxing Drills. I will be restarting with my Personal Trainer this month and on the plan is kettlebells, TRX, and even some battling ropes!

Let's have a great flight Phitbits!
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am Carla (carhicks). I am a 55 (yes, I just had that birthday) year old retired elementary school principal. I love to work out and now have the time to do it. I swim, ride bike, walk, use the elliptical, do zumba, strength training, circuit and aquafit. I try to mix it up and use various muscle groups.

I am married with 2 children (1 married and living in town, 1 single and living on Baffin Island). I have not been doing very well food wise right now, but do want to get back on track. Let's travel around the world and have fun doing it.
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Anyone else not able to enter data on the spreadsheet, or is it just me?

If you can't enter it, can you pop your burn on the thread till it's sorted.

Mine is 843 cals.
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

I am Carol and am a 45 year old student - doing a research masters but am hoping that is going to be a Phd, so working all the hours I can at the moment towards that goal. I have been letting the exercise slide a bit the last week or two because of this so this challenge is perfect timing to get back on track.

I have been married 23 years and have 3 lads aged 19, 20 & 21, I also have 2 cats and a border collie called Lucy who makes walking a favourite part of my day., I have a large caring role in the family and it is often exercise that gets bumped when other demands creep up.

I am not a runner - so I get my burns from a mixture of cardio machines, walking the dog, kettlebell classes, am doing p90X at the moment but hate the Yoga, so I have not been as gung ho as usual as I keep procrastinating which is easy when I have so much uni work.

I got held up at work tonight so missed my window for getting to the gym - so waiting till I can commandeer the living room and I will pop on a dvd. I sometimes have lower burns at the weekend but I make up for it through the week.

Nice burn to kick it off Jane :)
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I can't enter into spreadsheet...but I did 1077 today! x
  • Carfoodel
    Options
    excellent burn Penny :)

I only managed 598 today, I will get back to my big burns soon :)
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    Hey all, can't add either. Today's burn is 1309. Carla
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys..I couldn't add either...zero burn today, I think I have the 'flu so might not be active for a few days :-(

Please feel free to friend me!
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Hi guys, still missing two people's burns. Please let me know even if it's 0 - I can't get us off the ground till everyone's reported!
  • meerkat70
    Options
    NEW SPREADSHEET!

I haven't been able to edit the spreadsheet to fix it, so have made a new one. Could you please log your data HERE:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkC9aDYAzemGdHgzVnlFd3gxRGcwN1ZzdjNYUWt0eFE

Let me know if you have any further issues with it.
  • Carfoodel
    Options
    first time for ages I have got to the gym before work so this challenge has already helped get me focused. - thanks for updating the sheet Jane.

I am going to start the c25k again tomorrow - so that will be a nice extra wee half hour - I have been doing little practice jogs when I have been walking the dog and my knees seem to be holding up well, I am able to do wee runs and my breathing is returning to normal satisfyingly quickly - so hopefully will get there this time :)

(although just glanced out the window and we have snow! so hmmm may have to be treadmill?)
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Sorry everyone... I'm off to a slow start. Stress at work took its toll and had my back in full on muscle spasms with a migraine on top! But, I think that I'm back on the other side of things... and, well, exercise is needed to keep stress at bay. So, more to come...

Sorry about the last spreadsheet... not sure what happened there... said that everyone could edit. Shoot! Oh well...

Jane - I entered in a "0" for Day 1 and "304" for Dec 2...
  • penny_eclipse
    Options
    I'm Laura (or Penny), 24, been stuck in a slooooow weight increase phase since the summer (though to be fair I'm still wearing the same size of clothes...even if a few are a bit tight...it's the not being control of my own mealplanning etc)...

I'm living at home with my parents (which is hard to be back after 6 years being independent) and my 2 dogs (Labradors) who are the silver lining in this...execept for when it's pouring with rain, as I'm always on dog walking duty... And with that I head out on my daily 3 mile walk with them, toodles!

I graduated with my Postgrad Diploma in Architecture this summer...and I'm currently looking for a full time job in that...but until them I'm mostly temping or waiting for the phone to ring and spending hours writing applications. (I actually got interrupted by the phone at this point to be called into work covering sick leave this afternoon. Weird!)

I walk, I run, I lift heavy things (at pump...though I'd really like to get confident enough to change that...butI still think I'd injure myself through poor technique or something). Although I've consistently worked out, I need the challenge to push me past my normal comfort zone, and by focusing on that my eating will follow. I'll have a little more flexibility and I'll be a bit more mindful, and hopefully the two will combine for some reversal of effects! Especially through December knowing I *have* to do this to help the teams will definitely give me the kick I need!
  • Weathers58
    Weathers58 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hi sorry I'm here at last not sure what happened.

nothing to report yet start tomorrow (I'll make up for it) Its icy in Leeds today so no running or biking but tomorrow I'm on it.

Tim (weathers58)
  • Weathers58
    Weathers58 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    sorry yes Tim 46 and I run and cycle mainly been on here for a year or so and think I'm friends with most of us on this team.

I'm about to start training for an ultra next year so should be hitting some high cals in next few weeks (hopefully)

see my profile if theres anything missing.
  • meerkat70
    Options
    an ultra, tim? wow!
  • Carfoodel
    Options
    nothing for today - sorry it's been one of these days one one hand I was with my eldest lad at a meeting today and he has been on a work experience placement and the company is going to employ him 5 mornings a week and they are going to put him through the Microsoft accreditation exams and if he passes after the 6 months they will make it a permanent post. My lad is 21 and has aspergers syndrome - I am so proud as there have been so many hurdles he has had to face and overcome to manage this, from getting buses to learning to cope in an office environment and a load of anxiety he has worked through to get there :)

On the other hand got emails from the ethics committee to say they had revised their policy for online surveys so I had to make amendments get them approved and resubmit - so the prep work for my next meeting with my supervisor on Friday is now way behind schedule - so trying to wade my way through hundreds of journal articles on about 4 hours sleep - argh!

I will get to do some big burns and catch up - I am going to make myself stop at midnight and I will do a nice big gym session in the morning- which will get my head clear and boost my figures a bit. I promise I will contribute more soon :)
  • Carfoodel
    Options
    lol I feel like such a threadkiller haha.

if I started the workout before midnight it still counts for today eh? 613 cals :) - 30 day shred level 1 & level 2 and some extra wee uppercuts n squats :)
  • penny_eclipse
    Options
    Lol you're not a thread killer! I reported 1st and 2nd last night and will do 3rd &4th (more if the 5th is all completed). Jane's completely swamped with work, whereas all I'm doing is being official dog walker/cook/pot washer/and lots of sewing (as I've been making mum a set of cushion covers to go with her new carpet, for Xmas)