Phestive Phitbits fly again!

Options

Replies

• carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize how tough it would be getting so close to Christmas and all. Will try to get a walk in later today, but did do some strength and elliptical. Hopefully a quick bike ride later tonight as well, but we will see. You all look like you are getting in lots of work. Keep it all.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone. Sorry I've been so scarce, and thanks Penny for taking care of reporting and getting us off the ground. I've tried to do something every day this week, but getting big burns in is proving *very* challenging at this time of year. I'll try harder this week!

J x
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    it is harder than I thought it would be too - but hopefully I have found new resolve and I can get back on track.

cheers for whomever updated me on the spreadsheet - I have added on some of my fitbit adjustment too as I got up early to walk the dog a decent 4 & 1/2 miles before work - I was determined to log over 1000 for the team lol.

I went to the gym straight from work and I started on the machines at 8:30pm and they kick you out at 9:30pm - so I went like the clappers to get as much as I could in the hour lol
  • Carfoodel
    Options
    I am confused as my calorie burn is back at 872 - are we not allowed to count walks or fitbit calories?

I was at a deskjob the rest of the day so I know that most of the extra calories came from purposeful activity - I am just asking as some of my previous burns have been from walking and I am not sure how I can manage 2 hours of exercise to get higher burns as well as walking the dog a couple of hours a day (not with my current workload) - I don't want to record anything that's outside the spirit of the challenge, but I signed up thinking walking would count so if that could be cleared that would be great :) cheers
  • Carfoodel
    Options
    lol just ignore me - I am apparently the high maintenance member in the group that doesn't look at the facts and spouts off haha - got my days mixed up.

all the days seem to be merging into one at the moment lol.
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Well, I've just come to catch up on the spreadsheet only to find some lovely Christmas Elf has taken care of the lot. I think I detect the hand of the wonderful Penny_Eclipse? Thanks so much sweetness. I have been having a really tough week, and was dreading trying to get it all straight now before bed. You really are the best. xxx
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Wow, Phitbits! it looks like we're in second right now? How much do we rock???

Right, well, I promise to get some bigger burns in this week. Not mid-week, but from Friday to Sunday, I'll be putting in a bit more of an effort!
  • Carfoodel
    Options
    well good job it was Penny n not me lol considering I can't even get days right *red faced* haha

Is there a map this time? that's fab that we are in second place :)
  • carhicks
    Options
    https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=204655860575059420912.0004cf57b94bacff8481c&msa=0&ll=69.839622,-22.851562&spn=38.782848,158.027344&iwloc=0004cf57c40ab34a107bb

This is the link to the map.

I have been hit and miss the last week or so, but need to get back on track. I am rapidly putting the pounds back on. Can not believe my will power is so bad. I plan on a great burn today. Off to the gym. Carla
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Look at the message I got from lee on Monday night:
    Subject: Re: Phitbits reporting

wow

updated

Previously you wrote:

Hi lee, I'm reporting again for the phitbits

6th dec 3242 cals
    7th dec 4077 cals
    8th dec 4734 cals

Thanks!
  • penny_eclipse
    Options
    Oh and trust me I REALLY don't mind doing some spreadsheeting and adding and reporting, I don't want to step on anyone's toes though so I'll only add burns if people don't add them after a couple of days, and I'll try to make it clear when I've reported it so there's no confusion!

And I quite like being called an elf!

Well done guys!

Ps I've reported the 9th now too and will update lee on 10th if I hear back from lombrica, i like updating us as we move so far each time lee updates the map!
  • Carfoodel
    Options
    aww Penny, sorry for the confusion, I promise I wasn't trying to have a go - I was just looking at the wrong dates and feel very foolish for that post now - I was just really worried in case I was over-reporting or counting something I shouldn't n got genuinely confused as I was convinced I had added my big number on and when I looked at the last day it was gone and I was like oops am I "cheating " by counting walking. sleep deprivation n way way too many hours spent on my lit. review has made me a little crazy.

only toes involved were to ones where my foot went in my mouth. you don't need to make it clearer, I just have to actually get my brain out of neutral before I start typing.

thanks for posting the map link Carhicks - I love seeing where we are :)
  • penny_eclipse
    Options
    So erm... WE'RE IN THE FREAKING LEAD!!!!!
  • penny_eclipse
    Options
    As in we're in south Korea and the next closest team is in India.... We rock!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    was there any doubt??!! we have an ultra runner in our group!!
  • Carfoodel
    Options
    woohoo go us! :)
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Penny you are fab!

I'm chipping away, rather than surging. But I'll try to do a bit more surging this week. :-)

I ran this morning and did some strength work at home. I'll try to run tomorrow and get to the gym in the evening, which should make me good for a thousand cals.
  • carhicks
    Options
    Whoa, look at us go. We are in New Guinea and in the lead. Yayyyy, Phitbits!

Now if only the scale would move like that only in the other directions. :grumble:
  • Carfoodel
    Options
    I have been a bit sketchy the last few days - but I have big gym plans this week so should be able to add to our fab progress :)
  • Weathers58
    Weathers58 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    So........I had this Norovirus for three days.......But I'm over it and back on it today. Been for a long run this morning and then cycled to work. Last day at work for me today so I'll be doing a back to back tomorrow / Friday to make up some of my lost cals.

Are we doing ok?

Tim