60 lbs down in 8 months

Options
To be honest, you guyses...I'm in desperate need of motivation.

I'm at that point where I look in the mirror and see the same person I've always seen.
Tonight, for the first time, I started looking through pictures my friends had taken of me and realized that there is definitely a change. I'm probably just getting discouraged because there's so much further to go, and it's no longer as easy as it once was (duh.)

Give me some words of encouragement, you lovely bunch of people!

(Stats for all those who demand them:
Height: 6'
Starting weight: 330
Current weight: 270)
Bdt1X.jpg
Unopu.png

Replies

• erinablitt
    Options
    Keep going! Amazing job... Don't get discouraged you can be an inspiration for so many! 60lbs is a HUGE accomplishment!
  • askin74
    askin74 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You are doing amazing, that is a fantastic success! You can definiately tell the difference between the before and after shots. Don't get discouraged, take it one small step at a time and you will get there.
    Good luck, you can do it!!!
  • larnsperger
    larnsperger Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    you look AMAZING! 60lbs in 8 months is phenomenal. some days are really hard, and the motivation can really seem hard to hold onto. You are so worth the effort, so hang in there and do this for YOU!
  • PennyRLane
    PennyRLane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    you are doing a great job and you are so gorgeous by the way!! i just wanted to throw that out there. anything lasting take time and effort and work. if you want it to stick, you are gonna have horrible days, good days, ok days, and @!$%^!& DAYS but you will make it with support of people that are going through the same journey as you and with support from yourself. you are amazing and beautiful and you can do it! we got your back :)
  • terrymbradley
    Options
    I agree with Penny you are a pretty young lady and don't get discouraged you are doing awesome. Keep up the great work.
  • ForTheSmile
    ForTheSmile Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You are so beautiful! I love your style and your smile. :) And so tall! You could be a model. :D
  • margieyoumans
    margieyoumans Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    You've got this! I myself started out in the 300 and get dissapointed when I think of how far I have to go. I then refocus and remind myself of how FAR I've come. You can do this!!!
  • sherrymdn
    Options
    You look amazing! What an accomplishment to lose 60 lbs in 8 months. That takes serious dedication and extremely hard work. When I started my journey I needed to lose over 100 lbs. I found that I need to look at this in increments of 10 lbs or I just get lost in the enormity of what I have to do. Don't give up, keep going, maybe you already think in small increments, but if not try it. It helps to keep me motivated as I see the scale go down 1 lb at a time closer to my next 10 lbs. When I struggle with motivation, I try a different kind of exercise to mix up my routine. I do yoga and pilates and this keeps me going. No one judges and the soul searching and teachings of yoga have really helped me. Keep going, you are worth it!!!
  • ErzaScarlet
    ErzaScarlet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You're so hot and I love your style! Teach me how to dress :D
  • QBMontana
    QBMontana Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You are encouraging. I have lost about 40 now and when I look at my before and now's it isn't as noticable as yours are. But what I notice in both yours and mine is the healthy smiles and the more defined facial features, and the glow that is healthy.

Reach deep down inside your self and remember how that sixty pounds seemed to slow you down, take your vigor and your energy, and keep you sad. Now compare those feelings to the feeling of self worth you are gaining, the pride in your accomplishment, and the joy that you have been getting when you are able to get into a new size of pants that were in the closet from a thinner time. Priceless!

If you need to re-evaluate, this will seem silly but it is a great reality check, put a paper bag over your face with holes cut out for the eyes and stand in front of a mirror nude. Look at only your body and ask your self one question.... AM I READY TO STOP HERE?

You will be amazed at how powerful of tool this is. We have attendency to look at our face and see our cute smiles and pretty face or hair and zone out on the rest of the body. This forces you to just evaluate your body.

I won't even say....You can do this!....I change that to YOU ROCK, YOU ARE DOING THIS, AND YOU CAN MAKE THE FINISH!
  • LisabethG
    LisabethG Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! If you need a reminder of the "old" you, pick up 60 lbs of
    something and carry it all day. If nothing else, you will realize the good you're doing
    for your body, not just the way you look. At the risk of echoing all the other replies, I love
    your style and the beautiful smile. Keep going!!
  • plaingirly
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say that you look fantastic....you are beautiful! Great work.
  • _jorge_
    _jorge_ Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Great job! I think it helps not to think about your end goal, just think about the next 5 lbs. and reward yourself once you reach it. Also, realize that you will probably be the last to see the dramatic changes you are undergoing. Keep it up!
  • kjmommie
    kjmommie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Your doing great keep it up !!!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    youre doing great well done
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    60lbs in 8 months, that is an awesome effort! Keep up the good work, you know you can do it, look how far you've come so far! You should be so proud of yourself! :)
  • goldenday
    goldenday Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Fab-i can really see a huge improvement!
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    You look so much happier! You should FEEL happier too and proud of yourself! Your accomplishment so far is amazing. Leverage the support you have here to pick yourself up and stay on track! You can do this!!!
  • mrsking218
    mrsking218 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You look great - congrats!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!