60 lbs down in 8 months

Options

Replies

• xaniza
    xaniza Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My gosh, you are adorable! I love your style! Congrats on your progress so far. Whenever you think of quitting, just remember how far you've come! The rest, though tough as hell, will be totally worth it!

I've been stuck for a bit and trying to figure out what will get the scale moving (in the right direction) again. It sucks when at the start you basicly melt and then you get into the routine and it gets slower... and s..l..o..w..e..r... But, you rock and you're in control!

I think I'm going to send you a friend request. New England pride ;)
  • zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Amazing work!! You look awesome, congrats! I love your hair too :)

As for not seeing much change, I think it's because you're tall. I should know, I'm 6ft aswell. We carry our weight well so it's less obvious when we gain, but it's also less obvious when we lose. Most people don't seem to notice my loss unless they see comparison pics or something.

You can DEFINITELY tell you've lost weight, & 60lbs is a great achievement! Keep up the great work.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Looking so good. Keep doing what you are doing because it is working.
  • Findingmyathlete
    Findingmyathlete Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You are so beautiful!
    Wow 60 pounds in 8 months? what a huge accomplishment? Do not be discouraged.You have come so far and have been so dedicated. Take baby steps, a little at a time, just keep moving in the right direction. It will come! And it will be so worth it.
    I see you as such an inspiration. Keep up the good work =)
  • tdhandy51
    tdhandy51 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    60 lbs in eight months? You're doing great, certainly better than I am.
    I started trying to lose weight in April, doing it by myself, not so great. Then my sister told me about MFP, it started to go better.
    Then I found Fitbit (my little Jiminy Cricket that rides on my belt). For me the combination works well. Since I started using both of them I'm down over 30 lbs. It might be an option for you, but you have nothing to be upset about, you look great.
  • modernartemis
    modernartemis Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have to say that you are SO beautiful, with or without the weight. However, in the last pictures your beauty really shines through,k and I think it has something to do with confidence! You look amazing and there is DEF a difference. Keep going! We should be friends, I am trying to loose around 70 lbs (hopefully) within the next year. Maybe we can keep each other motivated!
  • Karenvonw
    Karenvonw Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Keep going!! You have done such a fantastic job!! Thank you for being such an inspiration!
  • SopranogirlCa
    SopranogirlCa Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You look great, what an accomplishment.
  • trishaeich
    trishaeich Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You are gorgeous! Congratulations on the 60lbs gone, that is huge!
  • aimeelynnn
    aimeelynnn Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful you look great such argue difference, you can do it you are doing it! Keep going you can rock it!
  • alycat1990
    alycat1990 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You look great girl!!!
    Listen, I am also 6ft tall - and I know how hard it is to loose weight when you are tall... People always used to say to me "you carry your weight well" - I knew it wasnt true though. If a taller person puts on 20lbs - you def wont notice it as much as someone shorter who puts on 20bs... its the same with taking it off !.

I totally know how you feel... I have lost 35lbs in total and I see the numbers on the scale go down, but everytime I look in the mirror I dont seem to see a difference... Just go in with the mentality that we are taller women, and that it may take us a bit longer to loose those inches.

Dont give up! You really can see a difference :flowerforyou:
    Add me if you want!!! lol us tall ladies gotta stick together!
  • gr8tweets
    Options
    Do not give up! It is people like you who motivate the newbies (me) You have so much to celebrate. Not only do you look amazing but you have significantly improved your health. Remember, take inventory of all of your positive and wonderful qualities and think of them often especially when tempted by your vices!
  • Gemz321
    Options
    you look great you can definitely tell you have lost weight, keep up the good work :)
  • sndiane
    sndiane Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    That glow to your face says it all. You have done a great job.
  • bmskid
    bmskid Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    If you just stop, give up, quit---you WILL gain it back (trust me!! I am losing weight I already worked SO hard to lose!!). Don't stop! Keep going. You've done such a great job, and the LAST thing you want is to undo what you've already done. Keep going! Time passes whether you're counting calories or not. You can be 260 in 5 weeks, or you can still be 270. KEEP GOING! Be 260. Then be 250. Before you know it, you'll be finished. Time passes either way. Make that time COUNT!
  • jenobie
    Options
    Wow! You are now my inspiration to get myself fit and healthy! You look great, have amazing style, and have kicked butt for 8 solid months. You only need to look in the mirror for your motivation.

90 minutes or so west of Boston!

Fabulous job.
  • wonderwomn27
    wonderwomn27 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: GIRL YOU ARE SO LOVELY, YOU CAN DO THIS... THE HARDEST PART WAS THE BEGINING, THIS SHOULD BE A PIECE OF CAKE.. OOPS I SHOULDNT HAVE SAID THAT,,LOL OH, YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN ... :tongue: KEEP ON GOING, I KNOW YOU CAN BY PASS THE SEVENTIES LIKE NOTHING. BEFORE YOU KNOW IT YOU'LL BE IN THE THIRTIES... I'M HERE FOR SUPPORT HUN... GOOD LUCK... CONGRADZ ON UR SUCCESS SO FAR, YOU'VE DONE A TERRIFIC JOB
  • 84woolf
    84woolf Posts: 153
    Options
    60 lbs so far is a huge success - your body is smaller & you can honestly REALLY see it in your face. You're gorgeous! Keep going :)
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Honestly you're doing great! Just keep on trucking and you'll get there in no time! There are alot of times I look in the mirror and feel like the chubby out of shape girl I used to be, but clothes don't lie! Whenever you start to forget how far you've come go and get a pair of those old jeans and remind yourself :-)
  • MaxineSummer
    Options
    First of all you are 60 pounds lighter than you have been in a long time and that is a Great achievement. There was a successful runner whom competed in Olympics and when asked how he achieved that distance, he replied in his training days he did aim for running 1 mile for 1000 times, instead of him running 1000 miles which would've seemed far too much to reach.

This gave me the mind set of thinking,that I am going to loose 1 pound for 50 times and started to count down towards number 50.
    It may help,rather than thinking oh god I have 50 pounds to loose!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!