Anyone Taking Vitamins or Supplements?

Options
124»

Replies

• TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I take a triple strength fish oil pill and a multivitamin.
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Yes... unfortunately I take a bucket-full!

-A mutli
    -Vit D3
    -Calcium
    -Magnesium
    -Vit B Complex
    -Probiotic

The D3, calcium and probiotic I take because I have a dairy and egg allergy and I don't get enough of the nutrients in my diet - and the probiotic is a little "insurance" for when I accidentally eat something that contains dairy. My body has gotten very sick fighting off the allergy in the past.

The mag and vit B are suggested by my neurologist because of my migraines - and I've had significantly less migraines since taking them.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Women's Multi+minerals/herbs
    Ginko - used for blood thinning properties
    Hawthorn - good for blood vessels & anxiety
    Garlic
    Vitamin D3 (400mg)
    Vegan Glucosime/MSM (x 2) - for the joints
    Chromium - regulate blood sugar
    Calcium & Magnesium
    Herbal Water Pill (Buchu, Uva Ursi, Juniper, Parsley) (x 3)
    Fiber supplement (1 pill x 2 + 6g in morning shake)
    Flaxseed Oil
    Niacinamide (for help w/ low "good" chol + energy)
    Probotic
    Ashwanda root

Protein powder daily (24G) in morning shake
    When hitting the gym, I take (2) 1000mg BCAA to help w/ DOMS + another protein shake after

Cayenne Pepper (also, will not be continuing as it gives me heartburn)
    C0Q10 (I will not continue this one)

And these are spread out thru the whole day, never more than 5 of a kind at once as too many things can interact with other things and some prevent absorption of others. And... I tend to NOT take anything on the weekends but the water, D3 and Ashwanda.

Morning at wake up - water pill, D3
    Breakfast shake - probotic, protein powder
    Morning at work - CQ10, Glucosime, Chromium, Niacinamide
    10am (work) - Ginko, Hawthorn, Garlic
    Lunch (after eating) - Multi, Caynn, Fiber, Water pill
    2pm (work) - Glucosime, Flaxseed, Fiber, Cal & Mag
    Bed - Water pill, Ashwanda, D3
  • jenng38
    jenng38 Posts: 105
    Options
    I take a cinnamon with chromium supplement, along with centrum cardio. I also add a tablespoon of chia seeds to my meals/snacks twice a day. The chia seeds provide omega 3's and don't upset my tummy like fish oil capsules do.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    multi-vitamin, calcium and joint supoort
  • GluttonousGirl
    GluttonousGirl Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I take the GNC active woman vitapack and vitamin B. I break the vitapack up or it's too much all at once.
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I take:

Vitamin D2
    Vitamin B12
    Vegan "fish oil" that comes directly from the algae that the fish eat to get it.
    Sunwarrior raw, vegan protein powder on the days I do strength/resistance training
  • ashleyhacker
    Options
    I take two multi-vitamins
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Vit D
    Magnesium
    women's multi
    looking for a good joint supplement

Has anyone tried FLEXOPLEX?

I can't help with information about Flexoplex, but I found a website that lists the effectiveness of supplements as found in a Duke University Medical study. I stopped buying tripleflex and started Ligavar because of this study. I my results aren't perfect, but they're noticeably better. Here is the link: http://www.jointpillreport.com/
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Bump - been thinking about supplements... It's crazy to see the number of supplements some of you are taking (not bad). For me I have issues taking any pills on a regular basis. How do you remember to take them...especially the ones that are more than once a day?
  • mdizzle99
    mdizzle99 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I take fish oil capsules and use hemp protein. I would take whey instead of hemp except my body simply rejects it.
  • Mathguy1
    Mathguy1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I take fish oil (as I only eat 1-2 servings of fish/week) and CoQ10 (I've been told that as we age (I'm in my mid 40s) our bodies may not produce as much CoQ10 as it needs).

"CoQ10 is enzyme produced naturally in the human body, found in every cell and tissue. It is involved a number of biological functions including helping to produce energy, neutralizing free radicals, and keeping cells both inside the body and in the skin healthy."

The rest of the article can be found at http://blog.perriconemd.com/what-is-coq10/

I also drink a protein drink after my workouts. Not sure if this fits your category of "supplements".
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Super B Complex & C
    Vit C 500
    Calcium 1200 with Vit D3 1000
    Vit D3 2000 (additional b/c I have a vit D deficiency)
    Vit E 400
    Fish Oil 1200
    Flaxseed 1000
    Cranberry 4200
    Magnesium 500
    Zinc 50
    Evening Primrose Oil 1000
    Ginkgo Biloba 120
    Psyllium Fiber

I was also taking Biotin & Selenium for about 6 months for hair loss but I didn't notice any difference so I stopped.

I have a weekly pillbox & take several of these 2-3 times a day. I'm so used to it that I just pop a handful in at once. They've replaced all my prescription meds except for the hypothyroidism (Hashimoto's Thyroiditis) & mitral valve prolapse symptoms. Those two meds will be life long. But I've gotten off of a total of nine meds in the past year through diet, exercise and nutritional supplements.
  • Blown_Away1
    Blown_Away1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Multi vitamin
    Super B complex
    Magnesium
    Vit D
    Garlic
    Vit C
    Zinc