Healthiest Starbucks options? NOT black coffee.

Options
13»

Replies

• xmizlynnax
    xmizlynnax Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    nonfat caramel macchiato is 140 cals... the skinny version is 100 calls (TALL size for both these)

sometimes getting the secret smaller short size is worth it if you just want an 8 oz serving of any drink you don't want to over indulge in :)
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Tall soy cappuccino!! So yummy :)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I can't really drink coffee, but for some reason I'm okay with the Starbucks Mocha Frappucinos you can buy at the store. It's odd. lol
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Tons of healthy and low calorie options at SBux. Go online before you hit the store. Over time you should have it down cold before you get there.
  • littlewanderingone
    Options
    ]
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    my fav is a Venti Skinny Caramel Macchiato... only 161 calories but beware it has 22g of sugar.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Get used to black coffee. Or just ask for a small splash of creamer in it. Definitely worth the hit.
  • TXtstorm
    TXtstorm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Took my daughter there as a treat the other night. I got a Venti sized Skinny Caramel Macchiato. It was huge, made with skim milk and sugar-free syrup. There was a little bit of sugar-sweetened caramel drizzled on top as a sort of garnish. It was 160 calories, mostly from the skim milk. It was tasty and I was pleased to have it!
  • KelliW_runner
    KelliW_runner Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Cappuccino with skim milk, then instead of sugar use the cinnamon, nutmeg or cocoa they set out.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Being concerned about the crap you're putting into your body (aka looking stuff up on MFP while in line) shouldn't be embarrassing. I think it's a positive thing.
  • jolynyk
    jolynyk Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My go-to Starbucks drink is a double tall skinny cinnamon dolce latte. I like the "double tall" option because you get the caffeine of a grande drink with the calories of a tall (maybe even fewer, because an ounce of espresso displaces an ounce of milk). I find that Starbucks lattes are pretty weak, anyway, so this works well for me! Starbucks also posted a blog post about healthier options. Google for "Starbucks How to Skinny Your Beverage."
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Tall Gingerbread Latte - nonfat milk, no whipped cream - 150cal
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i get the skinny vanilla lattes or a jumbo sized iced green tea.
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    i get the skinny vanilla lattes or a jumbo sized iced green tea.

This is what I get as well.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I know you said no black coffee but if you get some sugar free syrup in it, it's actually really good and not bitter. Just throwing that out there for anyone else who might not be as Anti-coffee! I like black coffee so I might be biased but I think it's really good.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Get the coffee with a little bit of heavy cream (a teaspoon). Its about 20ish calories for a teaspoon.

But of course, try to get used to drinking it black.
  • michaelatalla
    michaelatalla Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Has anybody else noticed that Starbucks' sugar free "skinny" drinks all list a tremendous amount of sugar in them on the Starbucks nutritional information pages? I'm a bit confused by this. For example, a 12oz Nonfat Latte (just a latte, no syrups at all) has a reported 13 grams of sugars.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I haven't looked at the website, but presumably the sugar comes from the milk?
  • michaelatalla
    michaelatalla Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I haven't looked at the website, but presumably the sugar comes from the milk?
    What is throwing me off is that each of the drinks has a different sugar quantity. I guess those sugar substitutes have trace amounts of sugar, so maybe they are just super accurate.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Outside the box a bit, but I find local coffee shops taste better. I can actually drink a latte with no flavor added at those. Might be an option?

me too...I'm not a starbucks fan..and love to support the little coffee shops