is being skinny worth it?

Options

Replies

• Tinytaru
    Tinytaru Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Egads!

When did Germany start putting so much focus on something as meaningless and trivial as your looks/heredity?

(such a big quote train..)

since men decide who to hire? ;)
    j/k

its even more ridiculous as companies complain about a lack of qualified people
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    is being fat worth risking all of the health effects?
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    skinny? no.
    to be no longer morbidly obese w/all the time bombs inherent w/obesity? yes.
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I am far from being skinny but I totally enjoy being able to sprint up a flight of stairs without gasping for air at the top.

I enjoy being able to bend down & tie my shoes w/o my bellyfat getting in the way.

I enjoy being able to play basketball with my son & dance to the Wobble with my daughter.

I enjoy the satisfaction I felt when I finished my first 5k mudrun.

I enjoy being able to throw a frisbee on the beach with the kids instead of hiding under my beach towel & watching them do it.

I enjoy being able to wear my bikini.....& look decent in it!

For me, it's not about being skinny, it's about being able to enjoy life. All of which I couldn't do when I was overweight.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Wow. You sure took that to another whole level quick......awkward. :huh:
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    godwin.jpg

Sorry, I am still laughing....
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    godwin.jpg

Sorry, I am still laughing....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ETA:

Wait! Wouldn't that mean end thread? :laugh:
  • myofibril
    Options

ETA:

das ist richtig...
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    So, we're still joking about one of the worst atrocities to ever occur in human history?

Good to know.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

ETA:

das ist richtig...

18. Please Post In English On The Main Forums

Because we need to ensure that our English-speaking moderator team can properly understand and evaluate all posts, we request that all posts on the Main Forums are made in English. If you wish to post in a different language, we encourage you to join a language-specific group.
  • myofibril
    Options
    So, we're still joking about one of the worst atrocities to ever occur in human history?

Good to know.

Nope, we're laughing about how the natural course of a thread on the t'interweb always leads to Hitler.

HTH.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Bump to read all the smart things us "unhappy wanna be skinny's" have to say!
  • helenta77
    helenta77 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Its totaly worth it, not skinny, just healthy. How can living longer and avoiding any medical issue that comes with behng overweight not be worth it.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    If by skinny you mean fit, healthy, and looking great naked and in clothes of course. It's totally worth it. You feel better, look better, don't get winded going up 20 flights of stairs because the elevator is out. Everything else is also more consistent like wake/sleep patterns. The food tastes great too. If you think eating healthy taste bad then you need to invest in some cook books and learn how to feed yourself properly.

This.

what a dumb post. I think the OP is on the wrong website if this is how they really feel.
  • flechero
    flechero Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Not skinny- just healthy, athletic and strong.... I have a lot of years of running around with the little guy in the picture with me. He's worth every single sacrifice and workout!!
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    YES! YES! YES!
    I am happier now than I have ever been!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    If it was just skinny no but very worth it to be healthy and happy :D even my skin is lloking better I use to have large pors now you can't see them its all the water and not 1/3 of the sugar :)
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    1....Yes, it is totally worth it.

2....I don't eat food I don't like.

3....I don't exercise if I don't want to, but once I start doing it regularly, I ALWAYS want to.
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    My goal isn't to be skinny my goal is to be fit strong happy and confident! :) its worth it to be to achieve those things yes!
  • dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily think being skinny is worth it, and that was my goal when I started this endeavor.

I do think that being fit, healthy, confident, strong and more emotionally balanced is definitely worth it.

I believe that being free of the shame and guilt I felt when I would binge and attempt to fix the difficulties in my life by consuming massive amounts of food is worth it.

I believe that the pride and sense of accomplishment, not to mention the endorphin rush, that I get when I accomplish a workout or fitness goal that I never dreamed I would be able to do is worth it.

I believe that my daughter would tell you that having a healthy, active mom who isn't ashamed to attend events and socialize with other parents is worth it.

I believe that being able to do things without worrying about a weight or size limit (horseback riding, amusement park rides, flying on a plane) is worth it.

Would I put forth this much effort simply to be a size that society deems attractive or acceptable? Probably not, but I've learned that there is a lot more to this than a number on a scale or a size on a tag in my jeans.

This is a great answer. Congratulations on your accomplishments!