My Friend Died

Options
13»

Replies

• hipbonesthighgap
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. I wish I could make everything better for you.
    Sending love and hugs. <3<3 xxxx
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Once, in a little pond, in the muddy water under the lily pads, there lived a little water nymph in a community of water nymphs. They lived a simple and comfortable life in the pond with few disturbances and interruptions.

Once in a while, sadness would come to the community when one of their fellow nymphs would climb the stem of a lily pad and would never be seen again. They knew when this happened, their friend was dead, gone forever.

Then, one day, one little water nymhf felt an irresistible urge to climb up that stem. However, he was determined that he would not leave forever. He would come back and tell his friends what he had found at the top.

When he reached the top and climbed out of the water onto the surface of the lily pad, he was so tired, and the sun felt so warm, that he decided he must take a nap. As he slept, his body changed and when he woke up, he had turned into a beautiful blue-tailed dragonfly with broad wings and a slender body designed for flying.

So, fly he did! And, as he soared he saw the beauty of a whole new world and a far superior way of life to what he had never known existed.

Then he remembered his nymph friends and how they were thinking by now he was dead. He wanted to go back to tell them, and explain to them that he was now more alive than he had ever been before. His life had been fulfilled rather than ended. But, his new body would not go down into the water. He could not get back to tell his friends the good news. Then he understood that their time would come, when they, too, would know what he now knew. So, he raised his wings and flew off into his joyous new life!

~Author Unknown~
  • SarahAFerguson
    SarahAFerguson Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^love that story.

Hugs to the OP.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    You beautiful and sweet dearheart, though I do not know you, your post here touches my very spirit and in a humble and sincere way, as much as I can, I feel the pain you feel via your words:cry: and may I say you are loved :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: amyllu :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: God bless you and keep you beloved, now and forevermore--Peace, Prayers and Blessings to you dearest one and thank you so much for sharing this with us!

Here's some thoughts to meditate on during this season in your wonderful life:

Psalm 34:18
    The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit

Unable are the loved to die. For love is immortality.
    Emily ****inson

While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil
    John Taylor

Oh heart, if one should say to you that the soul perishes like the body, answer that the flower withers, but the seed remains
    Kahlil Gibran

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.
    From a headstone in Ireland

No one really understands the grief or joy of another.
    Franz Schubert

It is better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all.
    Alfred Lord Tennyson

God is closest to those with broken hearts. Jewish Proverb

Matthew 11:25-30
    Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

For death is no more than
    a turning of us over from time to eternity.
    William Penn

We can allow our griefs to dissolve through releasing them to the healing rain of tears.
    Julia Cameron, Transitions

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.
    Kahlil Gibran

Matthew 5:4
    Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

{{{{{{ :heart: HUGS to you dearest one :heart: }}}}}
  • Nannynute9071
    Nannynute9071 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that you are hurting. My heart really goes out to you. Take care. :flowerforyou:
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I am sitting here with tears literally rolling down my face. Partly for the hurt of the OP and partly from the moving, supportive posts.
  • LosingWeight4Good
    LosingWeight4Good Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    x hug x

His memory will be in your heart forever.
    I'm thinking of you and hoping your grief eases soon.
  • rainynight3L33
    rainynight3L33 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry. God bless!
This discussion has been closed.