Have YOU ever been Stalked one MFP or else where?

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Wow. Those are some crazy crazy stories. O.O
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    I was stalked by my ex. we dated for 5 months the first two he was a dream then he turned into an *kitten* and the last straw was he pushed me into a dresser, I broke up. after two weeks he started blowing up my phone when I changed my number he started hanging around my job and parking outside my house. one day he was in my front yard and started to cut himself and said he would kill himself if I didn't work things out with him. I called the cops, moved and changed my job. Haven't heard from him since.
  • gothamriots
    Options
    It's happened off MFP for me, yes. It's always unnerving and sometimes it goes a little too far, in which case you need to know who to contact / what your next steps should be.
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    On MFP, there was a guy sending me messages regarding things I'd post about on the forums even though I'd never reply to him. When he sent a friend request I told him to back off and he did.

IRL, I had a secret admirer once that liked to leave gifts/letters at my house...but it never turned in to anything scary. It was high school and a small town. Where I lived wasn't a big secret.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    yeah I have a real life stalker we call Strawberry. Thankfully I moved but I recently saw him on the sidewalk in my old neighborhood and he followed us from a block away for a mile and a half walk. He isnt violent or anything but he liked to climb up to my second story window and tap tap tap at least once a week for a couple months and greet me in the morning with like 2 quarts of strawberries and ding dong ditch and harass my roommates to put in a good word for him.

Id like to meet the grandpa that started the lie when he told his cocky socially awkward grandson that women just really want a persistent guy. That was not good advice. We only like persistent guys that we were hot for previous to the persistence.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    tl;dr
  • ChadB74
    ChadB74 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    i am not cool enough to be stalked :cry:
    oh you look cool enough, let the stalking begin :glasses:
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Oh yes! When my boyfriends ex learned we were dating, she created a profile here. She tried to friend him (of course he didn't accept) and she follows us in the forums and typically posts wherever we do. Thing is, she has horrible writing, spelling, and punctuation skills, so no one knows what in the heck she's trying to say anyway! :laugh:

We both have her blocked so she can't PM us and we wonder when or if she'll get a life and stop following us on here...
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Yup. Had one message me constantly and then somehow find my phone number and would call but not say anything. It was scary and annoying.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    No, I don't think so. If I ever have been, I am too clueless to even recognize it.
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    When I was a lifeguard/swim instructor at the Y I had a plethora of "stalkers." I believe that that YMCA is the last to have residents - low income housing for JUST men. Here's a few (and keep in mind I'm between the ages of 15-19)

• The 30 something y/o brothers from Mississippi who offered to get me high and get me a copy of the "White Man's Bible"
    • The sweet guy, in his 40s who would sit behind me every shift I had, watch every lesson I taught, one night came in 10 minutes before closing - NO ONE in the pool - and tells me he hasn't swam in 20 years. So I'm keeping an eye on him, go answer a call, and come back to find him jerkin the gherk in the deep end. He was asked not to come to the pool anymore and one night, I peer up at the windows and there is his face just lit by the street lights. I carry pepper spray now.
    • The ex-IRS agent who wanted to teach me all about accounting - coming in drunk and asking when I turn 18.

Fun times!
  • angee1126
    angee1126 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm currently accepting applications for stalkers.
    Must be motivated, committed and hard working.
    100 % bat *kitten* crazy a plus.
    Slacker stalkers need not apply.

^^^^LOL!! That made my day! :laugh:
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Ladies, I encourage all stalking and creeping on your part for me, jus sayin
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I've been stalked, it wasn't pleasant at all...it started with little things being left at my door, and cards mailed to me. Then as I didn't "show enough appreciation" (not sure how I could have as it was all anonymous...maybe I didn't dance for joy in my living room enough while he peeked through the windows? Shudders) it started to be things like angry cards, then angry messages on my voice mail, garbage scattered all over my car....

it took a while but we figured out who it was, and the police were VERY helpful. It ended up being a member of the police force, and he bragged about how he hacked into the system to gain all my information.....

I had to move out of my apartment with my roommate (she had to move to a new location also) I had to have my mailbox listed as anonymous, all queries for me had to go through the apartment manager (it was aaw PITA with fedex and UPS), I had to have my number scrambled on my phone, which means that when I made an outgoing call or took in an incoming call, it would have a random number generated on the other phones call display.

I had an officer check in with me every so often to make sure weird stuff wasn't happening.

I had to write a very humiliating letter to the Chief of Police detailing ALL of the incidents and ask him nicely to have the officer cease and desist.

in the interim while we were moving/changing numbers/ etc, the phone calls turned very threatening and ugly. I still have copies of them (which I had to make everytime he called)

so in a nutshell? Yes I was stalked. No it was not fun and I would like it to never happen again.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Yep. I fell asleep on my keyboard one night still logged into mIRC (this was back when dinosaurs still ruled the internet), and my little brother decided it would be funny to give the stranger I was talking to my phone number and ask her out on a date. Well, said stranger turned out to be kind of a psychopath and she started calling me at all hours, multiple times a day, for the next six weeks pressuring me to meet.

In the end I agreed to go on a date with her and in order to shake her off I had to be an absolute a-hole all day long. Made her pay for dinner, subtly insulted her in public etc. Contrary to what my posts on here come across as sometimes, that's really not very in character for me irl. I felt like a complete douche doing it but it was the only way. She never called me again, but I'm glad she didn't come after me with a horses head afterwards.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Ladies, I encourage all stalking and creeping on your part for me, jus sayin

Consider it done.
  • Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I stalk aawwl ma bishes.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Stalking is creepy. I totally dig creepy. ;)

How you doin' pretty pretty?
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Yeah righ here on MFP......some of the MILFS!..................I love it!!!!:devil:
    Keep PMing me ladies!!!!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Always the stalker...never the stalked....