Aspartame: Results of long term human study

Options
13»

Replies

• Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Can you please post a summery in little words for my little brain.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I don't believe that the government has my best interests at heart. I don't think they care about me as an individual.

But I do believe that I'm worth more to them as a tax payer and voter than as a dead former Diet Pepsi drinker.

http://health.gov/dietaryguidelines/dga2010/DietaryGuidelines2010.pdf

A very useful guide. Everything it has in there is nearly 100% identical to what the most successful people on MFP have argued for. Of note: it routinely specifies RANGES of macros and food choices that vary depending on sex, age, and physical activity level. So, some self determination is in order as those in a calorie deficit are not the "Average American" and those that exercise are also not the "Average American".

Also worth noting the sheer number of authoritative sources for such a document. (doctors, doctors everywhere!)
  • DanaDark
    Options

Study: People that drink regular soda and diet soda have a slightly higher risk of developing blood cancers.

Guy who did study: Aspartame causes blood cancer!

Publishing community: Um no. Your study doesn't say that at all....

Opinion piece: The publishing community is wrong! Single scientist man is right! COVER UP TIN FOIL HAT

OP: Look, opinions are facts!
  • Charlie003
    Options

Study: People that drink regular soda and diet soda have a slightly higher risk of developing blood cancers.

Guy who did study: Aspartame causes blood cancer!

Publishing community: Um no. Your study doesn't say that at all....

Opinion piece: The publishing community is wrong! Single scientist man is right! COVER UP TIN FOIL HAT

OP: Look, opinions are facts!

Thank you. I now understand.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I find it hiliarous that the people that are so believing of the Federal Government and their alphabet agencies are the ones that sit in judgement of Dr. Mercola.

The Sheeple that feel the need to ridicule and down right disrepect the OP are the ones that believe in the food pyramid, the USDA and the FDA.

SMH.......
    Why hello Paleo Zealot (Wo)Man, we meet again.
  • DanaDark
    Options
    I find it hiliarous that the people that are so believing of the Federal Government and their alphabet agencies are the ones that sit in judgement of Dr. Mercola.

The Sheeple that feel the need to ridicule and down right disrepect the OP are the ones that believe in the food pyramid, the USDA and the FDA.

SMH.......
    Why hello Paleo Zealot (Wo)Man, we meet again.

dun dun DUUUUNNNN
  • Charlie003
    Options
    I believe if you eat or drink anything man-made in grate quantities consistantly everyday, you kidneys will build up bad *kitten*. They will then say fu*k you, and then you die.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    you lost me at mercola.
    Same.

Me too.......
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Oxygen kills you slowly despite the fact that going without it kills you quickly.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    you lost me at mercola.
    Same.
    Yep

Yeppers!! Lolz!! Ditto!!

And me too! He is a fear monger and the OP seems to be one too.

Interesting that i have not given any opinion on my post yet can still be judged.

The fact that you posted implies your concurrence with the information and conclusions contained therein. If you hadn't implicitly given it credence you would not have posted it.
    pls stop with this misinformation. just please. its getting so old.

What misinformation? I didn't give any kind of opinion. I cited an article and its sources.

Your article was not scientific. You linked to an OPINION piece. The OPINION was that SCIENTISTS were wrong because they backtracked on a study they felt was done too poorly, showed insignificant results while claiming otherwise, and felt it premature to state facts based on ONE long term study.

They probably back tracked due to being paid off by Pepsi and Coke.

Yes, it's all one great big conspiracy........:huh:
  • DanaDark
    Options
    The fact that you posted implies your concurrence with the information conclusions contained therein. If you hadn't implicitly given it credence you would not have posted it.

I would have to agree.

I do not fault the OP for posting the thread, as the only bad discussion is the one left not discussed. But, to begin such a scientific topic by citing an opinion piece is not a good lift off for the topic.
  • 84woolf
    84woolf Posts: 153
    Options
    Yeeeeeah while informative, I find this perplexing. Aspartame causes cancer? Yeah, that & most of everything else we consume.
    Too much calcium CAUSES Osteoporosis (& all those milk commercials say drink up!)...too much meat, their nitrates, & an overload of protein triggers cancer cells to turn on....processed foods, chemicals in almost everything we put in our mouths cause cancers & problems.

Unless you actively seek out something different, almost all food available to us is processed in some way with a chemical, etc.
    If everyone ate clean & in proportion that'd be best.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    They probably back tracked due to being paid off by Pepsi and Coke.

Yes, it's all one great big conspiracy........:huh:
    "If the facts do not conform to the theory, they must be disposed of".

Anybody with a bias will, in the face of information to the contrary, dismiss it by calling it a "conspiracy".
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options

SMH.......
    Wait! You're really making my tinfoil hat spin. I saw something on the teevee recently that said the heavily government-subsidized sugar industry was largely responsible for the demonization of aspartame and other artificial sweeteners. But you're suggesting the government in fact PROMOTES the use of these sweeteners? I'm so confused, I don't know which conspiracy to believe!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

SMH.......
    Wait! You're really making my tinfoil hat spin. I saw something on the teevee recently that said the heavily government-subsidized sugar industry was largely responsible for the demonization of aspartame and other artificial sweeteners. But you're suggesting the government in fact PROMOTES the use of these sweeteners? I'm so confused, I don't know which conspiracy to believe!

They're ALL out to get you!! lol