I hate exercise...

Options
1235»

Replies

• Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Just do it. Once the endorphins kick in, you'll be flying around.
  • LeahRandom
    LeahRandom Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It may sound super nerdy, but I've started listening to NPR programs on my phone, while I work out, and it's helped a lot. I really like Snap Judgement, it's a bunch of short, true stories, each show has a different topic, and includes things like a man who became friends with a crocodile, to heart warming love stories, ghost stories, and a bunch that make me laugh out loud and probably annoy other people at the gym. More than once waiting to hear the end of a story has spurred me on to a longer workout. I also like This American Life, and other funny shows.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I had totally forgot about this thread! I have been making myself go 4-5 times a week with my daughter. It has been great :) Thanks for all of the encouragement and advice and for NOT knocking me when I was down :):):)

I can now do a solid hour on the elliptical, jacked up incline. Treadmill is still killing my knees, tho :/ I want to add in weights soon, but that will have to wait til I am finished with my side job :) About two more weeks!
  • LeggyAmericanGirl
    LeggyAmericanGirl Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    its a myth that sex is exercise that burns a significant amount of calories. try again