Need help from sarcastic people!

Options
I have to write a birthday note to a quasi "friend" of mine that needs to sound somewhat meaningful, but not too much. Something more than "Happy Birthday", but not a bunch of sappy crap.

Ideas please, and don't hold back....this is a no-present bd too. Not a lot of $$ to spare.

Replies

• Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    I would just write "Happy Birthday. I was going to buy you a gift, but decided not to."

..But, it's your friend, you should know what to write better than any of us.
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I would just write "Happy Birthday. I was going to buy you a gift, but decided not to."

..But, it's your friend, you should know what to write better than any of us.
    ^^^this
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    JBU \m/
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    "They say it's your birthday....since Im not a Beatle, this is all you get."
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Tell them YOU know that THEY know YOU are NOT a good friend and that YOU just got them a cheap card.
    Oh and have a bunch of strangers sign it for you.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    "You didn't die for a year, congratulations on your amazing accomplishment."
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    "Happy motherfunkin Birthday".........That one always gets me
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Tell them YOU know that THEY know YOU are NOT a good friend and that YOU just got them a cheap card.
    Oh and have a bunch of strangers sign it for you.

LMAOOOOO!!! Having strangers sign the card is GOLDEN!!!!!!!!!!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Ask Scott. I'm sure he'll be glad to help.
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    If you were Jesus, today would be Christmas.
  • RubyRed8067
    Options
    Let me give you a background. We were supposed to take a trip to Costa Rica (girls only vacation), after purchasing the airline tix, splitting the hotel costs, bus fares, ect...I spent almost $1K on my part, she emails me and tells me she can't go (b/c she suddenly could not afford it). I found out later that she never bought the airline ticket in the first place...lied the ENTIRE time.

I didn't get my money back on anything (airline..thanks Continental) and hotels.. So it's safe to say that I'm still a little miffed at her.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    OH joy...you're still here.
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    "Facebook reminded me it was your birthday."
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Write....

"I was too lazy to come up with something creative. I'm going to need you to laugh right now so that everyone in the room thinks I wrote something awesome."
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I had this very long heartfelt post about how you should be who you are, not worry about what others think, try to have a thick skin and not allow other people's words to affect you so much.

Then I realized you were asking for assistance from sarcastic people.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Life has bumped us together, and the randomness of the cosmos has designated the date of your birth. Enjoy it.
    Perhaps the universe will shake things up and bring us further along in our knowledge and enjoyment of each other.
    Who knows.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I have to write a birthday note to a quasi "friend" of mine that needs to sound somewhat meaningful, but not too much. Something more than "Happy Birthday", but not a bunch of sappy crap.

Ideas please, and don't hold back....this is a no-present bd too. Not a lot of $$ to spare.

Happy birthday....Hope the happiness lasts as long as the Syphillis you got from that hooker in Tijuana.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Let me give you a background. We were supposed to take a trip to Costa Rica (girls only vacation), after purchasing the airline tix, splitting the hotel costs, bus fares, ect...I spent almost $1K on my part, she emails me and tells me she can't go (b/c she suddenly could not afford it). I found out later that she never bought the airline ticket in the first place...lied the ENTIRE time.

I didn't get my money back on anything (airline..thanks Continental) and hotels.. So it's safe to say that I'm still a little miffed at her.

How about...

"Happy Birthday, liar"