Saying good-bye to Milk....

Options

Replies

• meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I'd like to second or third or whatever the coconut milk ice cream - Coconut Bliss brand is amazing!!! Wish I could get it where I live now :grumble: Probably just as well :ohwell:

There are lots of vegan cheese sauce recipes that may help with mac & cheese type stuff (ones with a cashew cream base and some miso are my fav). You can make whipped cream with coconut milk and cashew cream, vanilla soy milk in coffee is divine, and there are tons of alternatives for baking. Google vegan stuff and you'll find a million and one blogs with great milk/cheese substitutions.

Good luck and hope you start feeling awesome! :drinker:

thanks!! didn't think of that but makes since why vegans would not drinkj milk bonks hr head. I am glad you mentioned that
  • meeper123
    Options
    k so here is my shopping list so far:

1) those digestive tablets thingys
    2) vanilla almond soy milk
    3) chocolate soy milk ( for my coffee)
    4) soy cheese
    5) and anything that the old google search brings up.

I guess for this to be effectie I should mention what happens when I eat dairy. I can get any variation or combo of the following; Nausios, gasy, constipaed, or well the runs. I bloat a lot as well and have this weird feeling in my throat.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Okay, they were just joking. It wasn't all that funny, but come on. Their one comment can't really be ruining your MFP experience can it, really??

Just ignore it and focus on the other posts that have the info you are looking for.
    I've found that melting cheese makes it more tolerable to my digestive system. Glad you found that to be a joke. I try to add a tip that has been a real blessing for me, and everyone starts with their ****. Good lord.

Melting cheese doesn't change the lactose component one iota so that's bunk. Unless you're melting that plastic crap that they sell as cheese slices. Not sure that's even real food.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    Okay, they were just joking. It wasn't all that funny, but come on. Their one comment can't really be ruining your MFP experience can it, really??

Just ignore it and focus on the other posts that have the info you are looking for.
    I've found that melting cheese makes it more tolerable to my digestive system. Glad you found that to be a joke. I try to add a tip that has been a real blessing for me, and everyone starts with their ****. Good lord.

Melting cheese doesn't change the lactose component one iota so that's bunk. Unless you're melting that plastic crap that they sell as cheese slices. Not sure that's even real food.
    Hey, way to be a jerk.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Try goat's cheese.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    melted cheese
    It's people like this that make MFP such a juvenile place. This is not a reply to the OP, to any previous comment and it doesn't add any value to the conversation.

Coming from the man who claims meat and dairy are poisonous...

1949403-aidan_meme_super.jpg

:laugh: :laugh:

:smokin:
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    k so here is my shopping list so far:

1) those digestive tablets thingys
    2) vanilla almond soy milk
    3) chocolate soy milk ( for my coffee)
    4) soy cheese
    5) and anything that the old google search brings up.

I guess for this to be effectie I should mention what happens when I eat dairy. I can get any variation or combo of the following; Nausios, gasy, constipaed, or well the runs. I bloat a lot as well and have this weird feeling in my throat.

Yeah, you're preaching to the lactose intolerant choir! Haha, we've al been there with the awful effects of ingested dairy, bleh...
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    melted cheese
    It's people like this that make MFP such a juvenile place. This is not a reply to the OP, to any previous comment and it doesn't add any value to the conversation.
    Good grief. It's what I do. To each his own. It's not like I suggested poison!

Stop being funny! I am TRYING to learn about milk alternatives! Frankly, you're ruining this whole site for me.

Your ruining the hemp industry by choosing soy milk over hemp milk! I'm going to have to totally re-think our MFP friendship!

• GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    All depends on how it affects you. Some that are lactose intolerant can still have cheese, yogurt, etc. Some can have only yogurt, others only hard cheese, etc. You can find lactose-free varieties of a lot of products. I always put unsweetened vanilla almond milk in my coffee instead of creamer. It's delicious. Also, it can take anywhere from 2-6 weeks for dairy to completely work it's way out of our systems. So, if you want to try any cheese, yogurt, etc wait at least that long or you'll likely still get symptoms even if you can digest it without a problem.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I have an intolerance as well and I've noticed that mozzarella doesn't really bother me. You should be careful with yogurts and coffee creamer. Coffeemate makes lactose free creamers.

Thanks so much I was grumbling about my coffee lol
    When i cut out dairy, i was upset about drinking it without creamer, but i have found that soy creamer isn't too bad, and if you use chocolate almond milk, it makes your coffee into a mocha-type coffee.

Aren't there poisons in that with additives? Maybe you should just drink it black??
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    melted cheese

Stop being funny! I am TRYING to learn about milk alternatives! Frankly, you're ruining this whole site for me.

Your ruining the hemp industry by choosing soy milk over hemp milk! I'm going to have to totally re-think our MFP friendship!

Noooo! Just tell me what kind of milk to drink and I'll do it!
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options

Maybe you should try explaining instead of just saying "melted cheese". How helpful is that?
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    melted cheese

What do my comments on another thread have to do with this comment? If you are butthurt over something i said in another thread, feel free to mention it in that thread. It's kind of funny and ironic that you posted this comment to a reply that i posted that also applies to you.
  • meeper123
    Options
    really still talking about melted cheese rolf lol and as it turned out he was half right it doesn't make me sick but it does still make me gasy before it made me want to throw up ever little bit
  • nfgchick79
    nfgchick79 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all of the replies so I don't know if anyone has suggested it or not. I like So Delicious Coconut Milk Creamer (French Vanilla is my favorite). Also be careful with soy, almond and coconut milks. Some kinds have a lot of sugar in them. I buy unsweetened vanilla almond milk (Silk brand) for my oatmeal/cereal. It only has 30 calories and is unsweetened (obviously). I can't tolerate dairy products but for some reason greek yogurt doesn't bother me. I think it might have something to do with the pro-biotics in it.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    melted cheese

Noooo! Just tell me what kind of milk to drink and I'll do it!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Better then Yoohoo:

41TSrWWKcGL._SL500_AA300_PIbundle-12,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_.jpg
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    melted cheese

What do my comments on another thread have to do with this comment? If you are butthurt over something i said in another thread, feel free to mention it in that thread. It's kind of funny and ironic that you posted this comment to a reply that i posted that also applies to you.

No butthurt, just amused. I honestly did laugh out loud when I read your comment.
  • meeper123
    Options
    You know i noticed yogart doesnt bug me too much. Sour cream doesnt either :)
  • crysofmyk
    crysofmyk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I had to give it up a few months ago during pregnancy...and still can't have it now that I'm breastfeeding because it bothers the baby when I do. Almond milk is great, but in my coffee I LOVE silk nog. Don't know what I'll do when it's gone for the season! Almond milk is too thin for me to put in my coffee...would rather go without coffee than have it with almond milk. Cheese is the hardest to give up. Most baking I have found can be done with almond milk or full fat canned coconut milk (made an awesome pumpkin pie this way at thanksgiving). Good luck!
  • TreeHugger2013
    TreeHugger2013 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have also recently found out I have the same issue. I use unsweetened almond milk in everything where I would normally use milk. My husband doesn't even notice anymore ... he's a good sport and will try just about anything. LOL! Chocolate coconut milk is awesome!!!