LADIES HELP!!

Options

Replies

• Phoenixchichima
    Options
    nice handbag IF you know what to buy.
    charm bracelet or other nice (silver can be nice & great variety in prices & styles) bracelet. and if you look for a style w/something symbolic of your relationship its meaningful w/out saying "marry me" if you arent there yet or dont even expect to get to "marry me"

for silver bracelet id suggest antique mall. some of the vendors ahve great jewelry they are essentially selling for melt value and "its vintage"
  • GluttonousGirl
    GluttonousGirl Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    You can buy her a star. Its relatively inexpensive too. I bought one for someone for their bday and it was pretty cool.
  • SofaKingRad_
    Options
    Wii Fit.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    A gift certificate for a massage, a book that she is interested in, a CD she wants, a small piece of jewelry...
  • rachelbethany
    rachelbethany Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Wine, anything from Etsy, a piece of fun jewelry (I got my friend a new bellybutton ring once), dinner (like a sushi date), or stuff for her kitchen/home decor.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    Get her a gift membership here on MFP.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    You can buy her a star. Its relatively inexpensive too. I bought one for someone for their bday and it was pretty cool.

I have always LOVED this idea!
  • BeccaLevine
    BeccaLevine Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    It always means the most when you get something that is thoughtful...do you know any of her hobbies? What she likes to do? For me, I prefer my fiance to plan us a fun date over buying me a gift, but that's just me. :)
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Tickets to a concert or show.
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Jewelry. NO diamonds if she's a new gf. Open heart necklace or a bracelet.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE if someone gave me a block of cheddar cheese.:heart::heart: :heart:
  • rachelbethany
    rachelbethany Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Whoops! I thought it was a question about gifts from one female friend to another. My bad.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    bacon-bouquet.jpg
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    the rabbit or a detachable shower head

Okay, this wins over shoes.

kdVhE.gif
    I know how much you like that first option...

*cough cough*

Drunk texts don't count so I don't know what you are talking about.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    my best gift was a heavy bag...

oh and a Keurig coffee maker...
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Either a Dyson vacuum or a treadmill.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE if someone gave me a block of cheddar cheese.:heart::heart: :heart:
    *noted*
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    LADIES HELP!! whats a nice gift for a new girlfriend other than flowers?

For a new girlfriend, you most certainly don't want to overplay it with the gifts.

What does she like? Do you mind sharing a snippet of a cross-section of her interests?

I recall reading some article, but just a few months ago now, which actually stated that wives would much rather their husbands gift them with gift cards and what they'd actually stated the men wanted from their wives was way more wholesome - anything to do with their hobby.
  • panicintheattic
    panicintheattic Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Personally I'd say don't bother with jewelry, there's a good chance she won't like it (that's not to say you have bad taste!! haha. jewelry preference is just tricky and super hard to pinpoint, especially if you just started dating) and she'll feel obligated to wear it and then things might just get awkward. Flowers would be a nice supplement to something though, sure they die but it's still a nice gesture. You could always take her somewhere on a nice date, if there's a place, restaurant or activity you both enjoy? Books and movies are usually a safe bet too. I'd stay away from lotion or soap or stuff like that...I feel like that's the stereotypical "I don't know what to get this girl so I got her bath stuff" gift, for both girls and guys.

Sorry if this sounds authoritative...just speaking from experience. Good luck either way though! I'm sure she'll like whatever you find :)
  • gotogirl81
    gotogirl81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Tickets to a concert or show.

i would love this.

if she's into music make her a mix ":tape" cd.. or digital download..
    birchbox.. look it up online. they send different things monthly..
    a gift card to her favorite store/ website!
    or if shes like me.. spend time with her and plan something fun but casual together.