LADIES HELP!!

Options

Replies

• cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I guess knowing your girlfriend would help. What's her number? Maybe I can get some ideas for you. Otherwise, shouldn't you know some of the things she likes? And why not flowers? You never said. Any hints to what she likes?

Also, how new of a girlfriend is she? I mean buying her a star named after her and telling her about on the 2nd date might come off a bit creepy.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I guess knowing your girlfriend would help. What's her number? Maybe I can get some ideas for you. Otherwise, should you know some of the things she likes? And why not flowers? You never said. Any hints to what she likes?

Also, how new of a girlfriend is she? I mean buying her a star named after her and telling her about on the 2nd date might come off a bit creepy.
    Hey I just met you, and this is crazy... *snort*
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    Dude, do NOT concern yourself with what the girl wants. If you want her to become the girl you want her to be, it's time to start giving her gifts that reflect the girl you want her to be. Got it?
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I guess knowing your girlfriend would help. What's her number? Maybe I can get some ideas for you. Otherwise, shouldn't you know some of the things she likes? And why not flowers? You never said. Any hints to what she likes?

Hey I just met you, and this is crazy... *snort*

Also, does she know she's your girlfriend. I made that mistake once...the judge says it's really called stalking...or some such nonsense. Anyway, I had to get better binoculars after the court date (which, sadly, wasn't because she accepted the marriage proposal MUCH to my surprise!), the once I had couldn't see far enough.
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Tickets to a concert or show.

This was going to be my suggestion, too! Plus it's something fun you can both do together.
  • dillydally123
    dillydally123 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE if someone gave me a block of cheddar cheese.:heart::heart: :heart:

This. I stopped by specifically to say cheese.
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Depends on the girl. My husband and I don't buy each other tangible gifts. We buy experiences.

Skydiving. Hockey tickets. Vacation fund. A new bike (yes, it's tangible but it's about where it'll take us, not the bike itself). A fancy dinner. Theatre tickets. Guitar lessons. Cooking classes. Wine pairing meals. Driving cross country to see our favorite band....

This year, he's going to the Orange Bowl to see his alma mater play, with a bunch of his old classmates. I'm helping fund it.

So listen to her. Find out what she loves. Don't give her something that will clutter her house.
  • waronmyfat
    waronmyfat Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    ask her what she likes... take her out shopping :) jeweller is always a hit.. a nice necklace or bracelet etc... body products always go down well...
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Don't set the bar too high. Concert tix? Spa day? Gift cards? Yea it's nice and all but then you might feel like you constantly have to one up the previous gift.

Nothing wrong with a single red rose, a card, a book.....something small you remember her talking about liking or wanting that would totally shock her you remember that part of the conversation.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Name a star after her. (its been done and is not recognized by the science community but its still cool) haha
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Pregnancy tests
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    A professional massage!!! I swear by them!! And for me anyway, anything under 90 mins isnt worth it!!
  • CynthiaElise
    CynthiaElise Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    scented body lotion, candles, perfume

^^Yip!
  • bhfood
    bhfood Posts: 77
    Options
    jewelry works I think notice what kind she wears or if none at all, a datebook for next yr would be nice :flowerforyou:
  • btracy01
    Options
    get her a kitten! everyone love kittens :D
  • OlenaS
    OlenaS Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    If you do not know her well, maybe a giftcard to a store where you know she shops or coffee shop where she buys coffee? Unless you know her taste in jewelry and what scents she likes/dislikes in perfume/lotions, etc, I would stay away from anything like that. Giftcards are not as romantic though, so maybe as a last resort. I think flowers are a good idea. Maybe a box of chocolates as well if she eats chocolate? A bottle of wine if she drinks wine? Or champagne? Those are cliche but also safe in a situation where you do not know the woman very well yet. If you have been to her apartment and saw what items she has, you could get some clues from that. Like if she collects something, etc... I would stay away from anything where you do not know yet whether it is her style or not...
    As some people already said, try to listen to her and pay attention to things she mentions she likes, if there is opportunity. And if not, then I agree with someone, do not give her things to clutter her house, so giftcard or chocolate/wine can be used up. Godiva (and other shops) sell chocolate boxes that are already wrapped or have festive bows... and you can buy a festive bow or hang a snowflake, etc ornament on a bottle of wine and put it in a festive wine bag. To make those items look Christmas-y and festive.
  • currierand
    currierand Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    "A gift from Kay will get you laid". Sorry, I can't sing.
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    anything sparkly or anything chocolate :)
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    You can buy her a star. Its relatively inexpensive too. I bought one for someone for their bday and it was pretty cool.

This idea is really really cool....
    And the jewelry idea is good too...
    Look at what she wears now...
    Silver? Gold? White Gold? (Maybe she doesn't even care if its real gold. Maybe it just needs to be pretty and sparkly and given with love)

How many people get a "Star" named after them??? I like that idea. :smile:
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Step one: cut a hole in a box.