Lay it on me... Sprite Zero and Mio

Options
I do a great job at drinking primarily water. But when I sit down at dinner, some times, I want something tasty or fizzy. Usually, I sacrifice calories in the name of a can of coke. But that's 140 calories that I could use somewhere else. So I decided to try something different.

I bought a bottle of Sprite Zero and mixed some of the cherry MIO I had. It was delicious and calorie free and tasted almost like a shirley temple. I don't plan on drinking this 24/7. Probably a couple times a week instead of my beloved coke.

Am I going to grow 3 heads? Is there something I need to know?

Replies

• auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

Yes.

..... no. You'll live, promise.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Aspartame gives people who believe everything they read on the internet blood cancer.
    it's fine for everyone else.
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I honestly have not even put that idea in my mind, and it's freaking GENIUS! I just always used water, but putting it with diet drinks would be super, especially a cherry one with diet colas (Coke, RC, Pepsi, where-ever you are in the country) if that's all I could get.... Thanks for the idea!!!
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    I drank about half a gallon of coke zero today...

(Checks around, yep still awesome).
  • 2pupsmama
    Options
    I honestly have not even put that idea in my mind, and it's freaking GENIUS! I just always used water, but putting it with diet drinks would be super, especially a cherry one with diet colas (Coke, RC, Pepsi, where-ever you are in the country) if that's all I could get.... Thanks for the idea!!!

second this!
  • danikat15
    danikat15 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I fully admit I haven't done a whole lot of research on it. I'm not a huuuuge fan of the taste of diet sodas, so it wasn't a problem. I just wanted to see if it was somehow going to inhibit my weight loss. Like, no soda for you! You must drink water at all times or you'll gain it all back!

And I'm excited to try the different flavors. I have then just in case we go out to dinner. I always get soda then, so the MIO comes really in handy!
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    Sounds tasty.
  • maqsmj
    maqsmj Posts: 697
    Options
    why suffer?! just drink you fav. soda with zero calories, it is only ZERO Calories so drink as much as u wish
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    You will get pregnant and die.
  • cailinlowe
    cailinlowe Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Aspartame gives people who believe everything they read on the internet blood cancer.
    it's fine for everyone else.

^^ this
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    What a good idea!

Sadly, you wont grow three heads...

It also won't make you gain your weight back. Unless you're allergic to aspartame (and some people are) you won't find there are any negative effects.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I drank about half a gallon of coke zero today...

(Checks around, yep still awesome).
    ^This.

Oh, but you will die.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options

No... .you will not grow 3 heads. Or die.

But...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/811058-diet-soda-is-doing-7-awful-things-to-your-body

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/810876-artifical-sweeteners

It always makes me feel bloated. And diet or not, it still can spike your insulin levels. Don't drink it 24/7 .
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I do a great job at drinking primarily water. But when I sit down at dinner, some times, I want something tasty or fizzy. Usually, I sacrifice calories in the name of a can of coke. But that's 140 calories that I could use somewhere else. So I decided to try something different.

I bought a bottle of Sprite Zero and mixed some of the cherry MIO I had. It was delicious and calorie free and tasted almost like a shirley temple. I don't plan on drinking this 24/7. Probably a couple times a week instead of my beloved coke.

My step dad drinks that Mio every single day. So far he hasn't grown a new head. He really enjoys it. I haven't tried it. I have Epilepsy and for some reason my Neurologist told me to stay away from all things with artificial sweetners in it. I can't remember his reasoning behind it though.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy
  • lovza_flirt
    lovza_flirt Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking diet soda since I started this journey and it hasn't kept me from losing weight, I don't drink a ton but do drink it everyday.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Coke zero makes great coke floats too ...
  • waronmyfat
    waronmyfat Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Pepsi max or diet coke.. calories are only like 1 or 2 and theres no sugar and you still get that sweet taste and fizzy your after.. and you free up 138 calories and about 30 odd grams of sugar off your diet.. just remember sugar is your enemy
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I have about 2 diet sodas a week and it hasn't affected my weightloss at all.
  • TheViperMan
    TheViperMan Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I did read once that a lot of sweeteners can cause water retention and sorta "stunt" weight loss... I've found that if I'm plateaued for a while, I'll lay off the diet drinks for a day or two and it often causes a quick drop for a short while.

Other than that I haven't let people convince me that ALL SODAS ARE BAD ALWAYS ROAWR!!!

By the way, if you REALLY want to have some fun, pick up a Sodastream and add Mio's to carbonated water. I've found that Mio and Sprite taste too sweet - Mio in seltzer water is awwwwesome!