How much do people think you weigh...

Options
n0ob
n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
I've lost a bunch of weight recently and been hitting the gym hard ( pauses for applause), but my family has been asking what I weigh lately and are shocked

They usually guess 175-180, when I'm really 5'10" 215-217 (depending on time of day, constipation status, water retention, etc)

So what do people over or underestimate your weight when asked ?

Replies

• MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    People always underestimate my weight. I don't know if they are just trying to be nice or if they really think I weigh less than I do, but it's all good.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I weigh 155 lbs. Most people assume 125 - 130 lbs. I'm also 5'10, so my weight has never been properly guessed.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I dont ask, they dont tell.

Oh, and I really dont give a SH--
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    people guess that I weigh 250 to 300, I'm 335. I always weigh more than I look
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    People usually assume I weigh LESS than what I really do.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    people guess that I weigh 250 to 300, I'm 335. I always weigh more than I look

This.
  • theblackbirdtree
    Options
    People usually assume I weigh LESS than what I really do.

Me too.
  • timmymon
    timmymon Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I am realistically 206 and every time I tell somebody that they don't believe me, saying I look more like 180-190 or something.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    the question is how much do you think I weigh?? I have never had anyone guess...
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    People don't bring up my weight anymore and if they did, I'm sure they'd guess low trying not to hurt my feelings. But back when I weighed 200 pounds everyone thought I weighed around 160-170. Everyone including my doctor who was shocked when she saw the scale. I still remember the look on her face and what she said. "Oh my! I would have guessed you at around 170. Well we're going to have to put you on a diet immediately". That diet resulted in a 25 pound gain within the next year. Thanks doc.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    They never give a number. But they call me "tiny" and tiny I am not.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I asked my FL this today and most guesses were 40-50lbs lower than the actual figure.

(I'm 5'9" if anyone else wants to take a guess like someone did below :P)
  • scottbrown78
    scottbrown78 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    People rarely guess my weight but most are shocked to find out that I've lost almost 50lbs and don't believe me when I tell them I started at 251.
  • blackmagic10
    blackmagic10 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    @iron uhhh maybe 295
  • darisey
    darisey Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    People usually guess me at around 180. I'm actually 242 in my pic (my starting weight here)
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I've only had one person try to guess, he thought my weight was in the 90's and I really weighed 120.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    They don't really think about my weight. Too busy looking at datass.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Fat.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I have had lots of people ask what I weigh, but they don't typically guess. Similar to scottbrown78, they are shocked when I tell them I have lost 40 lbs. They all claim to have thought I wasn't that big. Then I show them my driver's license photo from 2 years ago!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I have never asked anyone this question, and no one has ever approached me to announce their opinion on what my weight may be. What can I say? I'm a freak.