How much do people think you weigh...

Options

Replies

• Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    People always believe I'm less than I am! I carry it well.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    I like to let them know when I last pooped, to help them out a little. They usually guess in the low 400's.
  • Heather1899
    Heather1899 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Most people think I look 150ish which is where I wanted to be...but I am 180ish.
    My sister totally can't believe I weigh about as much as her husband did. He has gained weight but at one time he was in the 180s too and I was smaller but same weight. But he is a little shorter than me.
    My mom the other day asked how much I weighed. She was perplexed because her sister had been in the ER and later told my mom she weighed in at 160. I told my mom last I weighed myself I had been 185...my mom told me I can't weigh 185 I am smaller than her sister! She tried convincing me my scale is broke...lol
    No I weigh in the 180s. I am just 5 feet 7 and I don't hold fat in one place, it is more distributed in my legs, butt and some in my stomach so I just look....smaller? :/
  • Morningstar93
    Options
    Nobody has ever tried to guess mine.. have a go .. no peaking at the answers. :smile:
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I dont know.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I dont know.

I'd say about 9 lbs, give or take a lb
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I think women are typically better at guessing another woman's weight, but many people (albeit not those on here since they see so much evidence around them) are quite often under a misconception of what 140-170lbs looks like on a woman. There are MANY women on this site in that weight range with AMAZING bodies, however, if you were to take a poll of people on the street, many would consider a woman who weighs 140-170lbs to be heavy.

I've never looked my weight. Everyone always guesses too low. When I use to announce the number on the scale, they didn't believe me. I stopped trying to convince them, lol.
  • chopzgurl05
    chopzgurl05 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Wayyy less than I actually do.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    1 Astronomical Unit
  • ShunkyDave
    ShunkyDave Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    People guess 270 for me, and I just saw the scale sneer a 302 at me this morning.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    People underestimate my weight. They think I am my goal weight 130 (when I am 161 right now). They say "You don't need to lose any weight, you look good!"
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Most people underestimate my weight because I'm thin and they don't take into account the fact that I'm tall.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Just now, a very brutally honest coworker told me 145, and this morning I weighed 158
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I AM 5'10" AND WEIGH 180LBS, I'VE HAD A COUPLE PEOPLE SAY I LOOK ANYWHERE BETWEEN 130 AND 150LBS, DONT KNOW IF THEYRE TRYING TO BE NICE, BUT ITS A LOVELY THOUGHT, AND THEN I HUG THEM!!! HAHA
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    1 Astronomical Unit

Yeah, and how many "parsecs" does it take them to guess that? :-p
    Cute.

I'm another one who carries my weight well. My profile picture shows me at my leanest, when I weighed 144 lbs. I'm 5'5".
    People typically guess that I'm around 20 lbs. lighter than I actually am.
  • oakfruit
    oakfruit Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    So, everyone here says people guess lower than what they weigh! Three things are possible:

1) Everyone carries their weight well
    2) People tend to aim low when guessing others' weights in a culture where overestimating someone's weight to their face would be extremely hurtful
    3) Only people who look thinner than they are are keen to post in this topic.

Hmmmm...
  • Rho_Ro
    Rho_Ro Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 8.5" and have a big frame. At the size I am now people would expect me to weigh about 210lb or so I guess. But in actual fact I weigh 237lb. I've told people what I used to weigh and their eyes just about pop out of their sockets LOL.

When I was in my 20's a few of my workmates and myself tried to lose weight. I was about 14.5 stone I think and lost 3 stone; my work colleage was very short and she wanted to go from 8.5 stone to 8 stone. It took her just about as long to lose that weight as it did me to lose mine. In those days no-one with a slender figure seemed to weigh over 10 stone but when I got to 11.25 stone the bones in my chest were obvious and I was down to a size 14 (Kiwi sizing). I looked as good in my skin being that weight as those at 9 stone.

I really do think it is all about the size of your bones (I can't usually buy bracelets to fit me and I have to be careful with watches as well), plus your height.

Chill - it's no big deal. We know the truth and those that can't buy into it, well it's their problem. LOL
  • isitsororo
    Options
    People guess lower for me. Way lower, makes me feel a bit heavy! I'm around 119, guesses are usually around 110 but often go below 100. Do they really think I'd look healthy if I were 5'9 and 90 lbs?
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me on Thanksgiving. I'm 6'0", 196, but most people thought I was around 180.
  • RobKarmic
    RobKarmic Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have a chest deformity called pectus erectus which means my chest cavity is inflated to make me look like a bigger guy than I actually am but if I'm not wearing a shirt it's pretty obvious I'm overweight most people guess I was around 160 - 170 but I was actually around 200 now I'm around 184 though getting close to a normal weight for 5'7