so...what do I get her for Christmas?

1235»

Replies

• Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    A lump of coal.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,585 Member
    MrWW bought my favourite present last year, 4 fresh figs. He knew I'd struggled getting some and it was annoying me so hunted them down, wrapped them up in a beautiful little box, cost about £2 but it showed he cared and thought about it. That's all I ask.
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Whatever you do, don't get her a f-ing alarm clock, even if it is a nice one. She'll still be pissed off at you 11 years later.

Just sayin'.

WOW worst gift ever.

Also, if she likes BOOKS don't get her an e-reader......Some people like BOOKS.

That's not the worst gift ever. My brother got my sister-in-law an epilator lol (probably spelled that wrong lol)
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    What does she actually like? Not all women like makeup, shoes, jewelry, etc. for example for me a great gift would be books and house plants. A year's supply of my favorite lotion from Bath & Body Works. $100 iTunes gift card. Etc.

Find out what she likes, then get her that.
  • a horse!
  • mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    well this is my list for my husband:

jo malone perfume
    marc jacobs rose gold watch
    zojirushi rice cooker
    google nexus 7 32gb

and no he doesn't have to get them all, just one!
    but I know my husband won't get me anything off here... DON'T be like him. :)
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    In my opinion, if she truly loves you then anything you give her, she will adore.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    My wife likes things that refract light. I shop with that in mind.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Whatever you do, don't get her a f-ing alarm clock, even if it is a nice one. She'll still be pissed off at you 11 years later.

Just sayin'.

Or a shower head...even though it was a fancy one, he still hasn't lived that one down and it's been 8 years.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    In my opinion, if she truly loves you then anything you give her, she will adore.

Ahhhhh, that's so sweet! Very very special!

Psst! Dude, don't listen to this one. You'll end up buying the shower head below and she'll hate on you for years!
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member

False!! I love my husband but his gift picking abilities are turrible. Case in point, I got a snuggie for Christmas last year....
    And he got me a bracelet one year (I'm not huge on jewelry) and he says (i Promise that I didn't make this up) I was going to get you a different bracelet, It was really nice but it was very expensive. Soooo, ya. Don't do that

Edited to add: He's gotten much better, that bracelet bit was in our first year of marriage, but the snuggie was just pure fail.
  • Flowers, with you dressed in a suit and asking for her to marry you will make it the best Christmas ever for her " HANDS DOWN "

to the dude who posted the above message - can you have a word with my fiancé please and give him some romance lessons!!!!

Hon, it very much depends on what she's into. I always try and get my creative hat on when buying/making gifts for anyone. If she's anything like 75% of ladies out there then she's been dropping subtle hints for gift ideas since July. you just need to think and pick them up! x
  • LadyQueefsalot
    LadyQueefsalot Posts: 150 Member
    an appetite for hair pie
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Lawn mower