Pinterest Addict?

Options

Replies

• RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Am I the one woman in the world that has no desire to be on Pinterest? I was on there for a day and decided it would be easier to google any of the ideas when I need them.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    potential time suck that could be used for more productive things.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    potential time suck that could be used for more productive things.

Except for the fact that I've found countless healthy recipes on Pinterest, learned how to clean the house with fewer chemicals and found some nice things to decorate my home. Plus, it makes for a nice distraction when traveling. We can't all work and workout 24/7/365.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    i just went to a Pinterest party on Saturday!! LOVE it!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    i just went to a Pinterest party on Saturday!! LOVE it!
    What does one do at a Pinterest party? Did you make crafts from the site or something?

I love it too...I've found some cool *kitten* on that site! :love:
  • juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I love it too! I have a friend who is a hoarder and she has turned on to Pinterest, so now she does online hoarding ... lol. She has thousands and thousands of pins. CRAZY!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    I do like it. when I get on it, I am usually there for hours. :happy:
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    DIY & RECIPE HEAVEN!!!!!!!!
  • notsosimplyabby
    notsosimplyabby Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    YESSSS!!! Especially since we can now have PRIVATE boards! ;)
    No more hoes stealing my wedding ideas!
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Count me IN!! I love that site. I spend hoooours on it. I think I'm up to 15 boards now, from cooking to gardening to crafts. I;ve used sooo many of the great ideas I get there.
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Guilty! I've found so many new recipes on there. Granted I still Google recipes, but it's nice to wander through Pinterest not looking for anything in particular and have something totally strike your fancy!!
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Pinterest is a drug! I have so many craft and home projects lined up, I'll be busy until 2016!
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Guilty! I love that when I see an idea I can pin it so I don't forget for a later date and it keeps me from having to remember where I saw something. I am also one of those who has created "the board" to keep track of the things I have tried.
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    If I has $1 for every wedding idea I've pinned, I could pay off the national debt.
  • carmenstop1
    carmenstop1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I love Pinterest, but I do have to laugh at myself and the irony of how I pin one thing about health and fitness and the next pin is one about a very fattening cheesecake....maybe one day after I lose the weight I can eat the cheesecake!!!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Guilty as charged! It's so addicting!! BUT....the pictures of all the delicious recipes make my mouth water and the DIY crafts makes me feel like I could put that together...and 9 times out of 10 it never looks like it's supposed to. LOL.

I once stumbled across a website that posted people's pinterest projects that didn't quite turn out like the pin. It was pretty funny. I can't remember what it was though.

I love pinterest. I use it to pin fashion (although not as much as I thought I would), recipes (a lot - and I have made quite a few of them), workout ideas/tips that I want to incorporate at a later time. I've pinned home decor ideas. I am actually working on a series of paintings based on some items I pinned for decorating. It's so much easier than having 50 trillion bookmarks to sort through. I can go ok, I need a dinner recipe. I go to my dinner board and see pics and decide what looks good. Rather then read through a ton of bookmarks trying to find somehting.
  • RubyRed8067
    Options
    Wish they had a "did" button on Pinterest
  • klab11
    klab11 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Let's just say if pinning was a work out then I would be ripped!
  • Kvanstrom
    Options
    LOVEEEE IT. However, just tried to use it, and it won't let me repin anything. Weird. Must be a temp bug.
  • lovensunshine
    lovensunshine Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Kinda....I only have 1400 pins, but I feel I'm a success because I have more followers than I follow. My mother in law has over 50k pins. Now she is addicted. She is a hoarder in real life, so I should not be surprised.