Craving Chickfila

Options
I have been craving chickfila for over three days now. When I do there, there is only one thing that I get and thats a fried chicken sandwich and fries.

I know I don't need it. How do you get over a craving that you have had for more than three days?

Replies

• distortedhero
    distortedhero Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Eat something else. You'll still have the craving, but you'll be full. Willpower is key

I've been craving Pesto Hawaiian pizza for the last three weeks.

Unless I met my goal weight loss for this week I'm not getting it.
  • Losing2Live1989
    Losing2Live1989 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Yeah I think I lack willpower...do you know where I can go buy some :(
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too.... with their milk shakes.
  • dlg1467
    dlg1467 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    The usual response to these things is to plan for it.
    Log it.
    Eat better the next day.
  • Losing2Live1989
    Options
    @kbgrits I aint never had their milkshakes
  • distortedhero
    distortedhero Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I hear that oil companies have tons of willpower. How do you think they can keep ramping up gas prices?

Seriously though. Just set positive goals for yourself. If you meet them, then treat yourself. If not, then try again next time.

I just wouldnt set treats on a weekly basis. Maybe a bi weekly basis? It's positive reinforcement.
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    The usual response to these things is to plan for it.
    Log it.
    Eat better the next day.

I agree, the more you deprive yourself of it, the more you want it. Get it out of your system, plan a light breakfast and lunch, exercise hard and enjoy a sandwich. :smile:
    ETA: Plus I looked it up and a small fry and a sandwich is 740 calories,, not to bad for dinner calories.
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Fit it in your macros and calories and eat it. Pretty simple. I find that if I don't give myself what I'm craving I'll just eat everything else until I get what I want, so I just fit it into my macros and have it.
  • nobleh5
    nobleh5 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I just go for a walk or do some kind of exercise. Sometimes the craving is still there but I have also learned that sometimes when I give in, after I feel like it wasn't worth it.
    Sometimes I just can't help but give in, I am human :-) lol
  • delacruz_courtney
    Options
    You should go & work it into your calories :). Eat half of the sandwich and fries, & save the other half for the next day. You can still enjoy whatever you like to eat, just smaller portions.
  • seekingbetterme
    seekingbetterme Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh I totally know what you're going through! If a craving of mine gets too overwhelming, I usually just get it and compensate by working out extra that day. When you're changing your eating habits, it's really hard to end cravings like that! If it's something you can't get your mind off of, maybe consider getting the food, but use portion control. Small fries, maybe eat half the sandwich and save the other half for another time?

If you are really against getting the food, just try to eat a big, filling meal and maybe being full will help you get your mind off of it! Try to do things that keep you distracted so you don't dwell on the craving too much! Just don't let it get obsessive, because that's when people turn to binge eating!

Hope it helps! :)
  • KBGirts
    Options

My favorite is the Cookies and Cream.... and the strawberry. But don't try them or you will seriously never get over the addiction!
  • Losing2Live1989
    Options
    Thanks so much for the advice!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Would you consider getting a grilled chicken sandwich instead? They're really good there!

I haven't cut out my favorite fast food, I'd go crazy. I just try to make healthier choices.
  • Losing2Live1989
    Options

My favorite is the Cookies and Cream.... and the strawberry. But don't try them or you will seriously never get over the addiction!

Yeah thinking I may have one when I reach my ugw!
  • Losing2Live1989
    Options
    Would you consider getting a grilled chicken sandwich instead? They're really good there!

I haven't cut out my favorite fast food, I'd go crazy. I just try to make healthier choices.

Not to sure....sounds good
  • Ronngie
    Ronngie Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    We have to drive too far to get to a chick-fil-a which is probably a good thing. They are yummy.
    You could always eat light all day & work the meal into your day.

I have never had one of their shakes..I will have to try one or better yet get my husband to try one & sneak a taste of his! :)
  • KBGirts
    Options

Yeah thinking I may have one when I reach my ugw!

I have them when I need a cheat.... but I have to be careful because I will want one everyday afterwards and it derails my good behavior.
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    EAT MORE KALE instead.
  • maqsmj
    maqsmj Posts: 697
    Options
    if you want it , just eat it and keep it in check with your calories, mental milking is a waste of time, just eat it and count it it is this simple