Replies

• c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    IIFYM
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    i was just thinking about getting chick-fil-a this week, too, cause i'm out here on the east coast just for the month!

but my thought is that if it fits in my daily macros, or if i need to get a longer workout in, then why not?? :bigsmile:
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Its OK to give in to a craving if you plan for it and adjust your calories accordingly. I actually found that I LOVE their grilled chicken sandwich with the honey roasted barbeque sauce. I always get that and never feel deprived. But, if you want fried chicken, get it. Its not the end of the world, just make sure you eat lots of veggies at your other meals.
  • robolo251
    robolo251 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had somebody explain it to me like this: If somebody came up to you and offered you either A) Chick-fil-a sandwich and fries, or B) $7 (however much it costs), which would you pick? In a way, by not giving in to a craving you're "earning" $7...that's kind of like buying willpower! :)
  • eandrsmom
    Options
    I eat their kids 6 piece nugget meals with a fruit cup all the time. 250 calories and quite yummy.
  • KourtneyP83
    Options
    Get a kids meal :) That's what I usually do!
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    eat it.

The more you deprive yourself, the more you are setting yourself up for a binge.

this is why i have my cheat days every saturday.. and i have not had a single setback, and i have lost consistantly. 40 pounds, 47 inches and 5 months behind me. NEVER GOING BACK.

I think ALL week about the amazing things i want to eat on saturday.. then usually i just get whatever hits me on that day & drink a pile of beer :laugh:

It works!!
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    You could pry get away with eating slop without adversity...

Or...You should attempt to establish self-discipline by maintaining nutritional integrity and furthermore solidifying a triumph of your own will against temptation.

Sacrifice is sexy, it's rare these days.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Kid's meal. 500 calories. Had it for lunch today!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I don't always crave Chik-Fil-A, but when I do, it's on a Sunday.
  • maqsmj
    maqsmj Posts: 697
    Options
    IIFYM

finally some one speak the same language IIFYM
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I actually found out through "Eat this not that" that a chik fil-a sandwich is really on the lighter side of fast food. It's fried, yes, but I think it totals something like 300 - 400 calories. Seriously not that bad.

I actually ate a frozen chicken patty on a potato bread roll with ketchup today for dinner. And didn't even dent my calorie goal.

For real. There are worse things you could be craving.
  • Emma_Problema
    Options

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    mmmm maybe I'll have that tomorrow at school
  • Emma_Problema
    Options

Please tell me someone already put that in meme format with the XX guy!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I don't. I go to Chick Fil A and have some nuggets and a side salad.....and I get a cup of water with ice. That satisfies my craving for Chick Fil A.....and its not too unhealthy. :)
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    You could move to Oregon where there isn't a single one in the state :(
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I have been craving chickfila for over three days now. When I do there, there is only one thing that I get and thats a fried chicken sandwich and fries.

I know I don't need it. How do you get over a craving that you have had for more than three days?

I only order one thing there...

#1 Combo - original sandwich with waffle fries *add extra-extra pickles, ketchup and mayo* and mayo for the waffle fries. mmmmm heart attack from the drive through. *droolsssss*

hahah edit to note that I get the "large" size with a diet lemonade...
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

Please tell me someone already put that in meme format with the XX guy!

22139281.jpg

:)
  • shenanigansmo
    shenanigansmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    The usual response to these things is to plan for it.
    Log it.
    Eat better the next day.

I agree, the more you deprive yourself of it, the more you want it. Get it out of your system, plan a light breakfast and lunch, exercise hard and enjoy a sandwich. :smile:
    ETA: Plus I looked it up and a small fry and a sandwich is 740 calories,, not to bad for dinner calories.

I completely agree! I have been craving a Chipotle burrito for a week or so. The burrito (with the tortilla which is what I was craving), the way that I get it is 880 calories. Check out my diary for today. I ate a light breakfast and lunch, ran 3.5 miles, ate my burrito, and still have a couple hundred calories left over for the day. Don't deprive yourself, just work hard and you can do it!