Replies

• Jessicarctica
    Jessicarctica Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    make sure you don't have dyspepsia and drink lots of water
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    You need to eat a decent combination of fat, fiber and protein to feel satiated after a meal or snack.

If I eat just carbs or just protein, I'm starving after. But a veggie burger on whole wheat bread fills me up.

Me too. I feel crappy if I have too much sugar or simple carbs. A balanced meal of complex carbs, protein, and fat really fills me up. no brown rice though, I absolutely detest it.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    PFF - protein fat fiber.

Benefiber in your water, hard boiled eggs (yolk in), chicken, oatmeal, nuts, olive oil... all keep me fuller than full.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Have you started a new medication or something?
  • trchristy
    trchristy Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    You are craving carbs because your body does not have enough energy from the food you have eaten as the carbs you are eating are poor quality.

From what I know, things like bread and pastas are high GI which causes a sugar spike and probably the full feeling you are no doubt getting after you eat, but then you are hungry an hour later.

To be honest, If I ate your diet for a few days, I would be hungry too. You are eating nothing that would fill you up (in a good way).

I would cut back on the bread (pizza), pasta and cookies. All loaded with sugars and in my opinion, the more sugar you eat the more you crave.

Why not try drinking water. Most of the time when you feel hungry, your body is simply dehydrated.

well said... I have noticed when I lower my carbs and load up on protein I have very little hunger... It does sound like your bodys craving the carbs.
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    Have you started a new medication or something?

Yes I did. I started taking Wellbutrin. Strangely, even with this overeating I have been doing I have been dropping weight. 2 pounds lost last week and if you check out my diary it would be obvious that I shouldn't have lost an ounce.

Thanks for all the input. I know my food has been crap lately. One day, I don't even know when, I just started craving sugar and carbs like no other and followed that instinct.
    My goal for this week is to up the protein and drop the processed quite a bit.
    I do drink a lot of water, I usually do not log all the water I drink since it has nothing to do with my calorie count. I drink 8-16 glasses per day.