Hershey's Sugar Free Syrups?? Yes or No??

Options
Hi i know it's not healthy but what are some of the healthier sugar free syrups like for pancakes?
i was gonna buy some online but i don't know what one to get.
Anyone tried Hershey's sugar free syrups range?
Your thoughts? are they nice ?

Replies

• AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Hi i know it's not healthy but what are some of the healthier sugar free syrups like for pancakes?
    Why are they not healthy?
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    You don't want to put something 'unhealthy' on your fried batter mix?
  • seashell99z
    seashell99z Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I love me some pancakes. I use Log Cabin Sugar Free Syrup. I think its yummy!
  • ehalps26
    ehalps26 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    just go with walden farms. 0 cal 0 carb 0 sugar 0 anything
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    The Hershey sugar free chocolate syrup is good in milk or on ice cream, but I have not tried it on a pancake. *note to self-try on pancakes!*

I buy a sugar free syrup for my pancakes/waffles, etc. Because it's 20 calories for 1/4 cup compared to regular syrup at 200 calories for 1/4 cup.

:smile:
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I'm going to say "no." I prefer to avoid eating anything that was made in a laboratory.

As for substitutes: Why not try some berry syrups, or mures? I tried some blackberry Mure the other day, and it was delicious! Sure, it has some sugar in it, but it's mostly from the fruit they used to make the syrup.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I only use 100% maple syrup. 1/4 cup isn't that many calories, I use way less than that, anyway, and it tastes divine. Why not enjoy your food?
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I love Hershey's Genuine chocolate syrup, but HATE the sugar free version. I don't think it tastes anything like the real thing...maybe I'm a traditionalist.

But, if you're really looking for something healthier, I second the suggestion to go with some berry syrups. Yum!
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Sugar Free Syrup with Almond milk is the best low macro chocolate milk ever. YES dooooo it. ANd who said it was unhealthy?
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Why are they not healthy?

Simple:

Read the ingredients list. If the majority of things on it are words you cannot pronounce easily, or you don't know what the heck it really it, IMO, it's not healthy. It's probably composed of chemicals which were artificially created in a factory. Not real food.

By no means will it kill you, or even make you noticeably sick, but your body will thank you if you feed it actual food.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I'm going to say "no." I prefer to avoid eating anything that was made in a laboratory.

good luck with that...
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Sugar is not evil.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I don't personally use chocolate syrup a lot, but one of my immediate family loves it. I make chocolate syrup every couple of weeks or so, but I use evaporated cane sugar. I haven't tried using artificial sweeteners, but it might work.

Here's the quick and easy recipe I use:

http://myplasticfreelife.com/2008/12/homemade-chocolate-syrup-delicious/

Edit: relocating the link so it's on one line.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    We don't allow fake sugars into our home.

So that would be a no.

Why eat something made in a lab?

Just get some real syrup and use less. A little goes a long way.

If diet foods really "worked" we would not be a nation/world of obese people
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat pancakes, but the kids love them so I've switched them to reduced sugar syrup. On the occassions we've run out, they get the option of strawberry yogurt or applesauce. They love it and I'll actually eat a couple as well. :)
  • Onesnap
    Options

good luck with that...

Actually, I have a lot of good luck with that, thanks. We don't eat fake sugar (it's a headache inducer for me so doctor's orders). I just have to read the labels.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I can't make a pancake to save my life.....now peanut butter chocolate Belgian waffles....

What were we talking about?
  • Onesnap
    Options
    I rarely eat pancakes, but the kids love them so I've switched them to reduced sugar syrup. On the occassions we've run out, they get the option of strawberry yogurt or applesauce. They love it and I'll actually eat a couple as well. :)

The New Englander in my just shivered. You're feeding your kids reduced sugar syrup instead of maple syrup from a tree? Just use a little regular syrup. It's actually considered a healthy sugar choice believe it or not.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    You don't want to put something 'unhealthy' on your fried batter mix?

depending on the type of batter, it might not be bad ie buckwheat pancakes

Whatta bout trying fruit or natural peanut butter?
  • Onesnap
    Options
    As if the kids out there are not getting enough HFCS, here's a good post about the fake stuff syrup for pancakes:

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/388249