Hershey's Sugar Free Syrups?? Yes or No??

Options
2»

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Maple syrup...nom nom nom
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Personally I would say no to the syrups. I know they are tasty.

You can make syrup or use maple syrup of course. Another option I found when I still want the chocolate is agave nectar with cocoa mix into it. So tasty.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I like my pancakes with butter and no syrup at all. Not a fan of sweet stuff like that.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I only use 100% maple syrup. 1/4 cup isn't that many calories, I use way less than that, anyway, and it tastes divine. Why not enjoy your food?

THIS! Nothing beats real maple syrup. I use very little on my pancakes.
    Simmering some fresh of frozen berries makes a great compote topping too. Make it as thin or thick as you want.
    Or, one can always top them with fresh fruit.
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Sugar free syrup - YUCK! It's a disservice to pancakes and waffles everywhere.

Use some real, 100% maple syrup. You won't have to use as much as it tastes MUCH better. Or just top your pancakes with warmed fresh berries.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    We don't allow fake sugars into our home.

So that would be a no.

Why eat something made in a lab?

Just get some real syrup and use less. A little goes a long way.

If diet foods really "worked" we would not be a nation/world of obese people

Crsaudes.jpg
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I just use real maple syrup- it's like100 calories for a couple tablespoons which is all you need.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't like the fake stuff either. Real maple syrup is yummy. I also like to put Real Fruit on my pancakes when i have them. It is preserves made with nothing but fruit. The cherry is delicious. I actually prefer to have French toast. I like the protein I get with it. I seem to stay full longer.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat pancakes, but the kids love them so I've switched them to reduced sugar syrup. On the occassions we've run out, they get the option of strawberry yogurt or applesauce. They love it and I'll actually eat a couple as well. :)

The New Englander in my just shivered. You're feeding your kids reduced sugar syrup instead of maple syrup from a tree? Just use a little regular syrup. It's actually considered a healthy sugar choice believe it or not.

Hahaha!!! This is why I rarely eat pancakes! I grew up in WI with my maple syrup and have had a hard time finding it throughout our moves (we were a military family up until 3 years ago). The kids actually enjoy the yogurt more now because they can draw faces on their pancakes (I give them chopped fruit as well)....so, there's usually no syrup at all. I know...I'm the anti-christ.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat pancakes, but the kids love them so I've switched them to reduced sugar syrup. On the occassions we've run out, they get the option of strawberry yogurt or applesauce. They love it and I'll actually eat a couple as well. :)

The New Englander in my just shivered. You're feeding your kids reduced sugar syrup instead of maple syrup from a tree? Just use a little regular syrup. It's actually considered a healthy sugar choice believe it or not.

Hahaha!!! This is why I rarely eat pancakes! I grew up in WI with my maple syrup and have had a hard time finding it throughout our moves (we were a military family up until 3 years ago). The kids actually enjoy the yogurt more now because they can draw faces on their pancakes (I give them chopped fruit as well)....so, there's usually no syrup at all. I know...I'm the anti-christ.
    Walmart carries 100% real maple syrup. You can't find it?
  • mommyshortlegs
    mommyshortlegs Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Nothing beats 100% maple syrup as far as a "healthy" syrup option, but if you must go sugar-free (and I confess in this category I often do), Smucker's has the best flavor of the several I've tried.
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind 100% artificial, then sure go for it. For the few times a month I have a pancake or waffle I enjoy 100% maple. At least it's natural. Agave Syrup is good on pancakes too and it's 100% natural. Find some other way to cut out 100 calories and go natural for this. Or on the days you have syrup, add an extra walk in, it's worth it for the health and the taste!
  • ang3h
    ang3h Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Golden Griddle makes a really delicious sugar-free syrup.. to me it tastes the same as maple syrup, plus it's a little buttery tasting.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Just have the regular chocolate syrup and eat less of it.
  • _lizzie_
    _lizzie_ Posts: 130
    Options
    I dont eat much of the stuff anymore but I have some of it in my fridge from a while ago...its ok. Best on icecream. I decided the real flavor was worth it and just have less maple syrup on pancakes when I eat them and top icecream with fruit, if anything, now. I also enjoyed the sugar-free Mrs. Butterworth once upon a time, its better than the chocolate syrup I think.
  • wigglypeaches
    wigglypeaches Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    If you going to do sweet, do something that's a high-quality, natural sweet and enjoy it. You're going to lose by enjoying things in moderation, and retraining your body to appreciate new foods. You're not going to do yourself any favors by cheating your body of the calories it expects from sweet things. Use a natural maple or high-quality bittersweet chocolate syrup and log the calories.
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    It just sounds kinda icky. I think the sugar free ones are probably loaded with chemicals. I top my pancakes with peanut butter ;)