What do you eat for lunch?

Options
Hello, so i'm new to this website and hve just recently started dieting,

I am curious as to what everyone eats for lunch as i always get stuck as to what to make :S
For breakfast i usally have a weightwatchers bage which is like 150 calories with salad and ham, or scrambled eggs but
when it ges to lunch never know what to have lol,
i love pretty much anything except carrots so would love some ideas that are quite simple

I'm 5'9 and 12 stone currently, wanting to get to 10 stone - am also 20 years old so anyone whos in a smimilar situation would love to hear from you :)

Thankssssss x

Replies

• lem_orc29
    lem_orc29 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Soup, soup, and more soup! It's all I seem to want these chilly, blustery days. I love soup! :) I usually make a batch of homemade on Sunday and then eat it for lunch all week, though if cooking's not your thing, the canned stuff is fine (just a little high on the sodium).

In the past, I've also had a 1/4 cup of hummus and a big bag of fresh veggies. I also love making wraps using low carb tortillas (Smart & Delicious makes a couple 80-100 calorie options).
  • stargirlJJ
    Options
    It depends for me!
    If im going out( i tend to eat out a lot) for lunch it will be something bigger then something small for dinner.

If not i usually make my own smoothie with frozen fruits, or i have a bowl of homemade soup...im a massive soup lover...and recently i have been having salad, with feta cheese low fat and tomatoes, and sometimes have a scrambled egg with it!
    Sounds strange but it tastes so good!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    salad with fresh veggies & grilled chicken breast - Oil & cinagrette dressing
    Low carb tortilla wrap, laughing cow cheese, cucumber, & lunch meat - side of cottage cheese and a fruit
    home made soup ( less sodium this way )

the possabilities are literally endless.

I suggest googling "healthy lunc ideas"
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing for lunch/brunch every day. Just put different seasonings on it, but 94% of the time its unseasoned, in its natural state. I love it, and it tastes amazing to me lol. I say find something and stick with it, consistency is key. Plus if you eat the same thing everyday you wont be worried about finding something to eat, and you can precook all your meals. If you want a lifestyle change then you can make it happen, right?
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    During the week I usually have a can of soup like chicken noodle, or anything that is not creamy. I like campbells and Heb brand soups. They keep me full without feeling sleepy at work. And they are quite tasty, sometimes I will bring an apple on the side or another grab and go snack, makes packing my lunch easy, :D
  • IRollC30
    IRollC30 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I typically eat a 300-ish calorie lunch.

2 pieces of mozzarella string cheese (100 calories)
    2 Caramel corn rice cakes (100 calories)
    1 Dannon Light N Fit - Greek Yogurt - Vanilla 5.3oz (80 calories)

If I don't have any yogurt, I will eat 3 cheese sticks and 3 rice cakes. The rice cakes sound terrible, I know, but they actually taste delicious.

Other days, I'll have 2 packets of Quaker instant oatmeal, which is 260 calories.

On my really light days, I'll go to our local Mexican restaurant and get:
    Grilled tilapia (fish), 3.5oz (100 calories)
    Pico De Gallo (salsa) 4oz (30 calories)
  • lkokot
    lkokot Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Been having my version of a spinach cob salad about 5 days a week now for a while now.

lunch.jpg
  • playitagainsam
    playitagainsam Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat the same thing everyday, so my lunch usually consists of two Boca (vegan) burgers or 2 turkey burgers with hummus or a small grilled chicken salad with homemade salsa in place of salad dressing along with 1 serving of cottage cheese, greek yogurt and/or a Gala apple. I also have 16 oz of water with each lunch. If I'm in a hurry and did not prepare the night before, I will have a Lean Cuisine or similar frozen dinner for lunch...300 calories or under.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Generally i'll cook about 4-8lbs of chicken breast in various marinades and just split it up over the week.
    So depending on the day i'll be eating appx a pound of chicken for lunch.
    If I lift its with sweet potatoes and other power foods.
    If i'm resting its with green vegs!
  • cajungirltx
    cajungirltx Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I love food. I have to have something filling to get me through until supper. Today I'm having:

Hotdog bun 110 cal.
    Oscar Mayer Classic Weiner(they were out of light) 110 cal
    Light Miracle Whip 20 cals.
    1/2 C. Wolf Brand Turkey Chili(no beans) 90 cals.

total = 330

Other days, I have grilled chicken breast w/mashed potatos. Make my own low cal chicken salad, etc.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    What about a huge salad made with canned beans or lentils for ease? I don't always include leaves but often include fruit. I have a salad vegetable in red (tomato/ red bell pepper/ red cabbage/ dried cranberries/ beets), yellow (sweetcorn/ yellow bell pepper/ pineapple/ squash) and green (avocado/ leaves/ green bell pepper/ green apple/ broccoli/ edamame) plus one orange (carrot/ squash/ orange bell peppers/ oranges/ pink grapefruit) or blue/ purple (blueberries/ raisins/ black grapes/ plums), then often two types of protein to make it taste interesting (egg and bacon/ half fat cheese and ham/ chicken and bacon/ two different seafoods/ egg and prawns).
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I usually grill a bunch of skinless boneless chicken thighs early in the week and take those for lunch almost every day (I get the bag of frozen ones and dump whatever seasoning/marinade in the bag while it thaws). I have it with two eggs scrambled with a handful of baby spinach. I like to eat eggs and chicken in the same meal, you get the whole chicken life cycle and, as science has shown, nutrients are more bioavailable if you eat the entire lifecycle of the food at once.

Sometimes I also have rice or pringles or yogurt or an apple or a quart of milk or something else with it but that's the base lunch for me.
  • Mjhnbgff
    Mjhnbgff Posts: 112
    Options
    My lunches tend to be simple stuff that I can quickly assemble in the morning and discretely eat at my desk. I don't like anything too fussy or smelly that can't be eaten cold or at room temperature. I usually have some kind of whole grain, green veggies, and a protein. Some of my favorite lunches are:

home-roasted turkey breast and spinach sandwich on whole grain wheat bread, homemade pickle spears or other raw veggies

salmon, sauteed spinach or asian greens, 1/2 cup cooked mixed grains (brown rice, barley, red beans, split peas, etc.)

spinach salad with chicken breast, whatever veggies I have, and homemade dressing
  • nadz6012
    nadz6012 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to watch my carbs, so I love having tuna, with a little bit of light mayo in it, and some salted cucumber slices. I also tend to cook up some chicken breast tenderloins, add a little buffalo sauce and about a tablespoon of blue cheese with a vegetable of my choice (usually broccoli). I like anything that makes me not miss the bread!
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    This time of year it's mostly soup, all home made. Today, right at this minute in fact, it is Pea and Ham although others which make regular appearances depending on what I prepare on a Sunday are, Leek and Potato, Minestrone, Carrot and Coriander (Cilantro), Winter Vegetable, Tomato and Basil or French Onion. Soup is so easy to make I never buy the canned or pre made stuff and you end up with a big pot for very little money, plus you know exactly what's in it.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I bring bfast and lunch to work every day. For lunch I'm weird and I'm not a huge fan of sandwiches but I love turkey deli meat. These are like my top 3 lunches I bring:

Boar's Head Ovengold deli turkey - 2 to 3oz (60-90 cals)
    baby carrots (or broccoli or celery, I know you don't like them) and 2 tbsp hummus (about 70 cals)
    1 serving of pretzels dipped in laughing cow light french onion (145 cals)
    1/2 cup blueberries or blackberries (30ish)

Starkist tuna salad kit (comes with pre-made tuna salad and 6 crackers) (200 cals)
    apple (80 cals)
    1 cup butternut squash with I can't believe it's not butter light and cinnamon (110 cals)

progresso light soup (120-200 cals)
    1/2 cup berries (30 ish)
    slice of light wheat bread with 1 tbsp peanut butter (115 cals)

I mostly mix and match these things. I used to bring salads all the time but I'm burnt out from them right now. I ALWAYS have an afternoon snack of Chobani greek yogurt and sometimes a Kashi bar if I'm still hungry.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    It depends on what I have to do for the day. I try to have a large salad for lunch with a 3oz grilled salmon on top or tuna. If I don't have that on hand then I opt for a sandwich with freshly sliced chicken or turkey breast, a slice of american cheese and pickle. I love rye bread so that's usually what I use or wholewheat / wholegrain bread. Don't care for white breads at all. Oh and bulk it up with some romaine lettuce and a couple of big slices of tomato. Either way I always have some protein in my lunch. OH and I always have at least an apple and or banana with my lunch.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    My lunches are all over the place. Sometimes I have leftovers from dinner the night before, sometimes I make an egg white, mushroom and spinach omlette, other times it's a low carb wrap with turkey and avocado (yum!) and sometimes it's just random stuff on a plate. :) I typically have the same breakfast and pre-log dinner so lunch is what best fits the macros I have left.
  • SyStEmPhReAk
    SyStEmPhReAk Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I'll do a lean meat or fish high in protein with a sweet potato for my good slow digesting carbs...

i.e. 8oz chix breast/sweet potato/6oz of baby carrots -or- 8oz tuna & salmon mix/sweet potato/6oz baby carrots...

I keep it simple and healthy...
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Small salad with grilled chicken, greek yogurt, and protein bar , just about every day that I have to eat lunch at work