What do you eat for lunch?

Options

Replies

• seashell99z
    seashell99z Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've been on a soup kick for a while. My soups (16 oz cans) typically range from 280 - 320 calories. I love Campbell's creamy soups. You don't need crackers and they fill me up.

Breakfast I alternate between old fashioned oats with 1/2 cup of frozen fruit tossed in or Lean Pockets.

Toss in an apple, banana, and few almonds, I typically have 400-600 left for dinner. Total calories for the day is 1370.
  • Trollivier
    Trollivier Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    On weekends, I always cook some recipe that would give enough food for lunches the next week. So every day, I fill half my plate with some salad, and the rest with what I cooked. I normally cook stuff like pasta with meat, rice and chicken, stuff like that. So in the end, my lunch plate is half veggies, quarter fibers/carbs, quarter meat. I make sure I get some milk (yogurt, soy milk) for desert, and some fruits/almonds for snacks.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    My diary is open, feel free to take a look :)
  • emmuci
    emmuci Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Depends....lean fish and meat, soup, veggies, maybe a salad :smile: but i usually tends to eat healthy stuff and not eat very much. i also eat more courses of food...for example a small bowl of soup and then some fruits, or a fruits and a sandwich...
  • piggydog
    piggydog Posts: 322
    Options
    1 small lemon pepper chicken breast
    1/2 bag of valley fresh steamers usually the brocolli, rice, and cheese, or the herb roasted potatoes

Lunchables Combinatinos either the Ham or Turkey Sub one... I love subway but they are way to high in calories so this give me my sub plus a kooliaide, cookie and apple suace/jello for $3 and about 300 calories.
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I know I will probably get yelled at for saying this but I work during the days and usually forget to bring something with me. I cant leave on lunch so I either eat a yogurt that we have here or pick a piece of fruit.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    All the people who eat clean are gonna murder me, but I eat a lean cuisine every day for lunch.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Leftovers. :happy:
  • GemskiB
    GemskiB Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Bump, some good ideas here. I make a low cal dressing with 0% yoghurt and a touch of mayo and harissa and have that with cooked potatoes, tomatoes, spring onions and some lean meat or tuna. Sometimes I mix up the potatoes for lentils, just out of a can, or add a boiled egg. Add a handful of salad on the side and bob's your uncle. Another staple is soup, a small piece of bread and a bit of salad. Great for the colder days :)
  • 8goodgirl0
    8goodgirl0 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My usual is: cereal bar (although I have for breakfast when I arrive at work), sandwich with Quorn chicken style, and 2-4 pieces of fruit.

I'm thinking I might change to cottage cheese, 2 quorn fillets and fruit.
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    A salad with romaine lettuce, tomatoes, mushrooms, Vegan Boca burger (protein source), and 1/4 avocado for healthy fats to help absorb nutrients : ) I use vinegar & spices as 'dressing'.
    Sliced veggies, usually cucumbers or celery & an apple on the side.
    Occasionally all have vegan chili of a hummus/veg wrap instead of the the salad.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend a bigger breakfast to start. But typically for lunch I just bring left overs from dinner the night before and eat with a piece of fruit. (Cuz at lunchtime I could use a bump of sugar/energy).
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Almost always leftovers:

Salad with chicken breast, cheese, onions, bell peppers, Annie's cowgirl ranch
    Meatballs with peas and parm
    Chili with cornbread
    Chicken pot pie
    Quiche with veggies and sausage
    Lasagna

Stuff like that. I usually have about 500 cal for lunch
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I typically eat leftovers from the night before for two reasons:
    1. It's easy.
    2. It keeps my evening portions under control, knowing that I need the extra food for the next day.

Lately I've been loving the Campbell's Bisque soups though. OMG Amazing!

ETA- Always a salad of spinach and lettuce with various other veggies with it. It's easy and ensures I get those greens in, plus it adds very little to my calories and fills me up! I make up a big salad on Sunday and then put it in smaller containers for the week so it's easy-grab and go!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I know I will probably get yelled at for saying this but I work during the days and usually forget to bring something with me. I cant leave on lunch so I either eat a yogurt that we have here or pick a piece of fruit.

There's nothing wrong with that so long as you don't overeat later to compensate. What matters is your overall calorie intake.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I pack some sort of sandwich - ham, turkey or homemade chicken salad, a slice of pepperjack and some lettuce on those sandwich thins or a flatout wrap. And I usually have an apple with it. Once in a while I'll pack leftovers.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I eat a pretty wide variety of stuff for lunch. Sometimes huge salads, or leftovers from the night befores meal. Sometimes I make tostadas. I just bring the tostada chips, and beans and veggies and put them all together at work. Sometimes I make baked potatoes ( I cook these in the oven at home and then reheat them at work). I sometimes will make a sandwich with these little pocket bread things and a ton of veggies. It kind of just depends on what I feel like eating.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Salad or steamed veges usually. :smile:
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    I eat pretty much the same thing for lunch every day during the week. Usually some type of fish, a couple of cups of veggies, and 1/2 cup black beans or black eyed peas. I vary the seasonings to keep it interesting. Low cal/fat, tastes great, and keeps me feeling full all day.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I eat the following while at work:

Amy's Organics burritos
    Evol burritos
    Kashi frozen meals

Why? Well because it is cheaper than eating out and those brands are usually rated a B+ or A- in terms of frozen foods. Once in a while I hit the salad bar or go get some soup at a nearby bookstore.