People lying about fitness diary.

Options
I've been adding friends, and there is one girl on my thing that has to be lying about her calories burned.

This was one of her things:
burned 4112 calories doing 1430 minutes of cardio exercises, including "Walking, 3.5 mph, brisk pace"

1430 is almost 24 hours, and that just isn't possible, I'm sorry.
Another one was for 550 minutes which is almost 9 hours, which could be possible but it's very unlikely.

Why would you lie about your amount of calories burned it just doesn't make sense to me.

Replies

• Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Their error shouldn't effect your progress. If they ask why they aren't making progress you might point out the issue.
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Well - if they have a device like I do - a Bodymedia Armband, I'm tracking calories all day long. Perhaps they are recording their entire day's calorie burn. I could do that but since my accounts don't link well, I tend to use my armband's calorie count for the fitness time I do and then I just add that period of time in here. The few times this account actually picks up the armband read, it's always a small amount early in the day. I tend to leave it here becuase I know it's just a small amount of the burn I have for the entire day.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Does it effect your weightloss? If not, then why care?
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Instead of posting a public thread about it, why don't you just ask her?
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    :yawn:
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Maybe she was hiking, or doing a charity walk?

Either way, I don't worry about what other people are doing. Yes, I use my friends for support and I support them. However, if they want to lie about what they are doing or eating, that is for them to decide. If they don't lose the weight and get healthy, that is on them. It doesn't affect me.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I had oatmeal for breakfast.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    In a case like that, it sounds like they might be trying to track their daily caloric burn. Why not ask them? It's an easy enough approach. :)

On my feed, I think some of the high caloric burn posts have to do with the generous estimates on the MFP cardio database.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Calm down, it was probably just a mistake.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    sounds like a typo that she didn't catch when entering her workout for the day to me...
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    :yawn:

*twitch*

*twitch*
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    You don't know why she logs what she logs, there may be a reason. Just ask her about it.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I had oatmeal for breakfast.

me too!
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    She's a liar, or she made a mistake and doesn't know how to enter it? You're a peach of a friend. (I stole "peach" from Susie)
  • azzkikin
    azzkikin Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Just Break Up!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I quick-add 67,000 calories just to see what I would weigh in five weeks if every day were like that.

On the order of 817 pounds!
  • Shange_Gully
    Options
    Maybe she lives on an escalator
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    just delete them, problem solved
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Oh, this thread again.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I've been adding friends, and there is one girl on my thing that has to be lying about her calories burned.

This was one of her things:
    burned 4112 calories doing 1430 minutes of cardio exercises, including "Walking, 3.5 mph, brisk pace"

1430 is almost 24 hours, and that just isn't possible, I'm sorry.
    Another one was for 550 minutes which is almost 9 hours, which could be possible but it's very unlikely.

Why would you lie about your amount of calories burned it just doesn't make sense to me.

makeyoufeel.jpg
This discussion has been closed.