People lying about fitness diary.

Options

Replies

• xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Yes, People lie on here.

They lie about what they eat, How much they eat, what sort of exercise they are doing, how many calories they are burning and sometimes, if they even at all are doing exercise.

This however, shouldn't affect you. Focus on YOU and if this bothers you that much, delete her and move on with your own progress.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Well - if they have a device like I do - a Bodymedia Armband, I'm tracking calories all day long. Perhaps they are recording their entire day's calorie burn. I could do that but since my accounts don't link well, I tend to use my armband's calorie count for the fitness time I do and then I just add that period of time in here. The few times this account actually picks up the armband read, it's always a small amount early in the day. I tend to leave it here becuase I know it's just a small amount of the burn I have for the entire day.

Wow. This sounds complicated. I thought those devices were supposed to make it simpler. Maybe just dump the devices and work out?
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Not that her numbers are your business........BUT, there is a glitch with communication with the FitBit site that results in double posting of workouts. It's been happening to me quite regularly and could be happening to her as well.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Hon, their caloric burn does not affect yours. Simply unfriend them and keep it moving. Really it's not that serious or worth a thread.
  • triggsta
    triggsta Posts: 140
    Options
    Let her log what she wants to log. It's only going to *possibly* negatively affect her, not yourself. If you're a close and concerned friend, bring it up to her, not to us.
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I think you need to ask yourself why do you have her as your MFP?

MOST people are on her for encouragment and to give encouragement (hence the name My Fitness Pal).

If you really think she is lying, then unfriend her. She is not going to be much of a fitness pal to you.

If you think it is en error, I would say be a fitness pal and point it out. I would defintely comment on those posts & help her see some success.

If you just want support and don't want to be supportive, then unfriend her.

That is what is so great about MFP - you can do whatever you want:-)
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I saw this other website once upon a time that had you list out how long you do EVERYTHING in a day. We are talking "I normally sleep 7.5 hours, drive 1.5 hours, cook dinner for 30 minutes, eat standing up, type 6 hours, blah blah blah...." It would calculate how many calories I would burn on a typical day. Maybe she has been feeling her calories were set too low (that's when I did it LOL) and wanted to see how much it would say she burns in a typical day and adjust her calories from there. Either way it does NOT affect you. I hope your friend deletes you after she reads this thread.

Friend in question, feel free to add me.
  • Countryboy_
    Options
    Just break up.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    You should just push her down you meanie.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I dunno, but you do realize she can see this... Right??.. She must think you're a real gem.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Are her pants on fire? No? Then she must not be lying. Unless she is wearing fire retardant material, then perhaps she is. Ask her what her pants are made of, and report back.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Ew. I would never be so judgy to one of my MFPs, but then I'm friends with my friends here for all sorts of reasons. Some because their workouts are inspiring, others because their personal journeys are inspiring and then others just because they are nice people and I like what they have to say.

If you don't like it, defriend her. But you should probably ask yourself why you care so much.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    why do people always judge. Damn! people are so rude.

You said this within your last ten posts, OP. Are you real life.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Post her name on every subcategory on this website so that we may all mock her. Find out where she lives and send an angry mob to her house. She is sabotaging the fitness goals of everyone on this site!

Yep
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    ok fine, I didn't have a shake and a protein bar......geez!!!!! \m/
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Post her name on every subcategory on this website so that we may all mock her. Find out where she lives and send an angry mob to her house. She is sabotaging the fitness goals of everyone on this site!

We should totally turn that into an opportunity to burn calories!

AngryMobFunRun_1024_thumb.jpg

I'm in as long as the t-shirt is awesome.

Of course. Why run at all if not for a cool t-shirt?
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Should not bother you. You are not them and they have the freedom of choice....just as you do.

Move along, nothing to see here.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Lying about calories eaten/calories burned is only lying to one person; yourself.

If you're lying about this (IMHO) you are not ready to make the lifestyle change required to lose weight & start getting healthy!

Just my 2 pence/cents worth!
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    As long as its not hurting you..why worry?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    You know, I made an error logging one time, and a woman on my FL commented on it. Since it truly *was* an error, I appreciated her telling me about it so that I could fix it. Personally, I try to be as accurate as I can be, and I am grateful to others who point out errors.
This discussion has been closed.