Ladies and weight lifting

Options

Replies

• zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    and here is a link to his program folks

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148036063

SL 5x5 with a random one-size-fits-all list of assistance work.

A novice would get more mileage out of just doing straight up SL 5x5, or better yet Starting Strength. Don't worry about assistance work until you move beyond the novice range. And even then, less is often more.

actually the form on body building.com has 29 pages of discussion and specially the 10 first pages can answer 90% of all your questions why it will work, maybe give it a read?! and feel to ask questions

I don't always have weight lifting questions, but when I do, I check the bodybuilding.com forums, especially the specific threads recommended on myfitnesspal.com.

LOL do you even lift?
  • maqsmj
    maqsmj Posts: 697
    Options

A novice would get more mileage out of just doing straight up SL 5x5, or better yet Starting Strength. Don't worry about assistance work until you move beyond the novice range. And even then, less is often more.

actually the form on body building.com has 29 pages of discussion and specially the 10 first pages can answer 90% of all your questions why it will work, maybe give it a read?! and feel to ask questions

I don't always have weight lifting questions, but when I do, I check the bodybuilding.com forums, especially the specific threads recommended on myfitnesspal.com.

LOL do you even lift?

actually i do lift my friend, just because i prefer my profile pic to include my face and clothes it doesnt mean im week :) wanna try some rounds of deadlifts together :)
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    So wait. You are telling us, that to lose weight... women should lift and eat? The same way guys do it?

*faints*

Hee hee
  • zaph0d
    Options

LOL do you even lift?

actually i do lift my friend, just because i prefer my profile pic to include my face and clothes it doesnt mean im week :) wanna try some rounds of deadlifts together :)

I can DL 2.6x my BW. U?
  • maqsmj
    Options
    Okay, I will go back and watch the video's.

please feel free to do so and watch some of his other videos on his channel he actually got his *kitten* together
  • maqsmj
    Options

LOL do you even lift?

I can DL 2.6x my BW. U?

dude, u pick the weight and m good to go :)
  • maqsmj
    Options
    No. to lose FAT/inches we should lift and eat. You might not lose as much weight, because muscle is heavier than fat. But you will lose inches and you will lose body fat. I've lost slightly more than 30 lbs of body fat but added 12 pounds of muscle, so the total weight loss isn't particularly impressive. But I've dropped from a size 16/18 to a size 10. That IS impressive (to me, anyway.)

WOW, that is just amazing
  • maqsmj
    Options

LOL do you even lift?

I can DL 2.6x my BW. U?

i guess this is becoming childish, ok u r stronger well done and be safe
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    No. to lose FAT/inches we should lift and eat. You might not lose as much weight, because muscle is heavier than fat. But you will lose inches and you will lose body fat. I've lost slightly more than 30 lbs of body fat but added 12 pounds of muscle, so the total weight loss isn't particularly impressive. But I've dropped from a size 16/18 to a size 10. That IS impressive (to me, anyway.)

How have you measure the increase in muscle mass? How long did it take you?

it is pretty simple, you just do a body fat % test in your gym or at home and you can know what is your LMB ( Lean body mass ) is and what is your BF% ( body fat % ) is, if you want more details please feel free to ask

I asked the poster the question, not you.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

That response shows how little you know about lifting
  • zaph0d
    Options

Dude, I am only just getting started with getting strong.

The point I was making is that while listing out a bunch of assistance exercises like this guy did "looks good on paper", the benefit to the NOVICE (which you claim this program is for) is questionable, perhaps even detrimental.

When you came back at me asking if I have questions to go look at the bb.com thread?? Well that was just insulting. :laugh:

What does this guy bring to the table that Rippetoe, Wendler, or even StrongLifts guy do not?
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • maqsmj
    Options

Dude, I am only just getting started with getting strong.

The point I was making is that while listing out a bunch of assistance exercises like this guy did "looks good on paper", the benefit to the NOVICE (which you claim this program is for) is questionable, perhaps even detrimental.

When you came back at me asking if I have questions to go look at the bb.com thread?? Well that was just insulting. :laugh:

What does this guy bring to the table that Rippetoe, Wendler, or even StrongLifts guy do not?
    dude no i didnt mean to insult you at all, and im sorry if i did. i understand your point the main idea is this program made for the average guy who wants to do curls and **** :)
  • maqsmj
    Options

That response shows how little you know about lifting

the response just shows a motivational efforts, non with my knowledge and im not that knowledgable
  • maqsmj
    Options
    Motivational boost for the ladies, how you will actually look after lifting weights

http://www.xplosivegrowth.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/525655_347699671932941_206979286004981_881420_389128403_n.jpeg
  • maqsmj
    Options
    maybe a small transformation from usual to after lifting weight pics will help and here is one

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3dokrj9Tv1qgeozjo1_500.jpg
  • maqsmj
    Options
    BUMP