Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What's your healthy obsession?

2»

Replies

• koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Veggies. Green ones, yellow ones, leafy ones, stodgy old fashioned ones, weird exotic ones - the works. Steamed, baked, roasted, broiled, grilled, stir fried,raw, with sauces, with flavour accents, completely naked, by themselves, in dishes, snuck in where you'd least expect them..........
  • Mell00546
    Mell00546 Posts: 158 Member
    Food Obsession: Rice Cakes with Almond Butter, Almonds, Power Crunch Protein Bar, Homemade Protein Bars, and Spaghetti Squash

Exercise Obsession: Lifting Heavy and Sprints (30 on 30 off)
  • Kristy528
    Kristy528 Posts: 63 Member
    Zumba, Combat, Pump and Body Flow are my gym Obsessions. As for food that is where I struggle the most but I am working hard to get better. I am on a Grilled chicken ceasar salad kick at the moment. :)
  • LucyT4dieting
    LucyT4dieting Posts: 284 Member
    MFP
  • SBHWeav
    SBHWeav Posts: 89 Member
    None. =( Every day it's a struggle to eat healthy and make myself work out. I was born to be a bum that eats snack cakes!

I can relate. It's really hard for me to make/eat healthy when I literally grew up eating fast food, pizza, doritos and mt dew. Mt dew is STILL my biggest hurdle. What makes it harder is that everyone I live with is still very very unhealthy and I feel like I don't have their support.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    food & drink - fresh cilantro - recently discovered that I really, really enjoy it! And green tea - I really miss it now, if I don't have it with my lunch.

exercise - If someone had told me 1 year ago that I would take up running, and actually look forward to it, I would have thought they were nuts. But I find that I genuinely look forward to it - I love the mental benefits.
  • Jim1960
    Jim1960 Posts: 194
    None. =( Every day it's a struggle to eat healthy and make myself work out. I was born to be a bum that eats snack cakes!

I can relate. It's really hard for me to make/eat healthy when I literally grew up eating fast food, pizza, doritos and mt dew. Mt dew is STILL my biggest hurdle. What makes it harder is that everyone I live with is still very very unhealthy and I feel like I don't have their support.

Oh my yes. I'm with you too. And Mt Dew - I once made a Christmas tree constructed from the Mt Dew cans I drank in a year - it was 8 ft tall composed of over 1000 cans. All my food related obsessions are bad bad bad. It will take some time to develop replacement habits and even obsessions after decades of a very unhealthy rut. Thankfully my family is supportive. I'm sorry you have to deal with the unhealthy influences.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    eggs and lifting :)
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Food: Baked/grilled fish, usually cod or pollock. I eat it for dinner with some green vegetables, and take the leftovers the next day for lunch, eaten cold on a big bed of salad greens. Not sure if this is going to wane now that the weather is getting colder.

Exercise: Running 4 miles at an 8 minute mile pace, then doing 30 minutes of strength work on the TRX. Love getting sweaty--my favorite workout right now!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,578 Member
    FENCING!!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Honestly, my *ONE* healthy obsession is logging my food and exercise on MFP. :smokin:
  • FitinHonau
    FitinHonau Posts: 63 Member
    Linseed (flaxseed), I add in my food anytime, anywhere), almonds, veggies (stir fry) and spinach, lentils... I am told to eat more protein...I eat meat but not obsessed...

Expresso with a small piece of black chocolate after lunch!

Jogging for more than 1 hour but only in spring and summer! For the moment 30DS, yoga and of course pilates.