what do you put in Oatmeal..

Options

Replies

• Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Sliced Strawberries and slivered almonds, with a wee bit of splenda and milk. I love it but have not had it in ages. I'll have to save some of my next strawberries for some oatmeal!
  • Softrbreeze
    Softrbreeze Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Panera Bread makes a very good oatmeal. They use strawberries, pecans, and brown sugar. You might also want to take a peek at the recipes at OhSheGlows.com. I made her sweet potato oatmeal casserole once and it was to DIE for! :)
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I put in some home made apple butter. It gives you a yummy apple cinnamon flavor.
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    cinnamon ... about half a teaspoon... that's all

and sometimes protein powder
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Blueberries, brown sugar, butter, coconut milk
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the ideas everyone!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    For those saying "don't eat it if you don't like it," I feel you. I really do. But at the same time, oatmeal is so versatile, that a lot of people, like myself, *love* to eat it a certain way (baked for me), but they hate it another way. I am that way with coconut too. I love the flavor, but not the texture, unless it's deep fried or baked. Weird, I know, but true story.
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, lite chocolate syrup, dash of milk, a little sugar, and a dash of cinnamon (best stuff ever!!!)
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    Options
    Cinnamon. Sometimes peanut butter and cinnamon.
  • akb22
    akb22 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm assuming you don't like it because of your current way of preparing it?

I like to put cinnamon, a tiny bit of brown sugar, and flaxseed in mine, or frozen blueberries! :smile: Experiment with different things and maybe you'll find something you like, otherwise, eat something different that you do enjoy for breakfast!
  • bzrpz727
    bzrpz727 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Blueberries, cinnamon, 1 stevia packet, and a special grain cereal consisting of nuts, seeds, and coconut.
  • jackems
    jackems Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I simply love oatmeal! My favorite way to eat oatmeal is to make it with fresh blueberries and agave or maple syrup (and then when it's done, I add some nuts-- most likely walnuts or pecans) or with chocolate (any kind you like/ have around--I've even added Reese's pieces to mine, lol). PB&J oatmeal (just add you're favorite peanut or nut butter and jam to it) and banana/ PB/ chocolate oatmeal are good too. Seems obvious, but you can easily change the taste of your oatmeal with spices. Cinnamon is a classic, but so many others like ginger and nutmeg are good too. Just try different things and mix it up, and you'll surely find a way to enjoy oatmeal. If not, there are many other affordable, healthy breakfasts around.
  • Lamon_
    Lamon_ Posts: 16
    Options
    protein powder
  • RubyRed8067
    Options
    Frozen blueberries, brown sugar and a little milk, heat...VERY good!!
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Brown sugar and a little milk.. =) *when* I eat oatmeal
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Fresh raspberries and walnuts. It's one of my favorite breakfasts ever. I eat it every day.
  • stephross88
    stephross88 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    The best is cinnamon/sugar and raw walnuts. Yum:)
  • Peanut butter with banana and cinnamon :love:

or I have overnight oats which is greek yogurt, coconut, fruit, chocolate chips, peanut butter
  • Jonahisout
    Options
    a dash of cinnamon, brown sugar, and Love <3
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Fresh blueberries, some vanilla, and very little brown sugar.

OR Cinnamon, fresh apples, and a hint of brown sugar. Sometimes I add oatmeal to pancake mix too.