Do you workout everyday?

Options
13»

Replies

• AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I do 3 or 4 hour workouts 5-6 days a week. If I worked out less than 2 hrs at a time I wouldn't need a rest day every week though. So I think what you are doing in your workouts has a lot to do with it. My workouts are very strenuous so I need to rest at least one day a week.
    3 or 4 hour workouts? Is this real life?

At first I thought it must be per week but reading that it seems she means that. That must be a truckload of cardio.
    Unless you really enjoy doing 3-4 hours of something or are a professional athlete and at 5-6 days a week, that is totally inefficient and not a good use of time. Talk to a good coach or a trainer and they can help you develop a program that will give you excellent results in a quarter of the time used. Your body needs rest to integrate the results of the effort.
    Agreed.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm a 12 week training cycle right now so I'm in the gym 7 days/week. But I lift on a 2-1 split (2 days of training, 1 day off) and I do cardio 7 days. 20 minutes after my lifting split and 40 minutes on off days. I also split up the 40 minutes between treadmill, arc-trainer and reclined bike.

But I listen to my body as well. If I'm feeling run down, I'll take a full day off on a non-training day. I've only missed 2 days out of the last 58. One was due to exhaustion and the other was a vertigo attack.

If you are just starting out, don't kill yourself or you will get discouraged and quit. Start with 3 days a week and work up from there.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I give myself saturday off, exercise wise not food wise
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    I'm lifting four days a week, with some cardio along with those days. Before the days got darker earlier (and colder and wetter) I often added a bike ride of 12-18 miles (40-60 minutes). On the off days, I still try and get some cardio in, but it usually isn't too intense, again a bike ride or a 30-45 minute jog. Since I took a day off from the gym, I'm more inclined to run with my dogs, versus walking them and my wife and I have a little more time, so we play some frisbee golf or something. I think the body needs to recoup, but a day of rest doesn't need to be complete rest. I think it's still good to be active, just not as intensely.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I workout 6 days a week - Upper Body 3x/week, Lower Body 2x/week, Cardio 1x/week