Replies

• scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    1/2 of a full pullup -

but two months ago I couldn't even get further than tensing my muscles hanging on the bar so something is happening! My long goal is 3 sets of 10 and my looooooooooooooonnng term goal is 5 sets of 10 or 3 sets of twenty.

I am currently doing negative chins; 5 x 1 rep and that's where the tiny gains are coming from, along with inverted rowing 3 x 12.

edit: I am 2 stones overweight - which is not helping progress.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Dunno. Not done chin ups in ages. 15-20?

Pull ups from straight arm to nipples touching bar, about 15 without kipping.

Pull ups with arms not quite straight to chin reaching bar, about 25 without kipping, but then the world goes fuzzy.

Plyometric pull ups, straight arm, no kipping, 8-10.
  • HLeAnn
    HLeAnn Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    2-2 1/2 reverse-grip chin-ups. 1 front grip pullup.
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    What is the difference between a chin up and a pull up? I thought the words were interchangable.
  • dawson55510
    dawson55510 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    3 sets of 15 wide grip
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    What is the difference between a chin up and a pull up? I thought the words were interchangable.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_difference_between_a_chin-up_and_a_pull-up

And as suggested above, wide grip pull ups are the hardest. I prefer them because they really make you work.

Me mucking about: http://youtu.be/hnaZQpeVaYY
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    From hanging arms straight - 2 With a jump to get to the bar - 4. I keep meaning to get back to working on these. I was getting stronger, then I hurt my shoulder.
  • meghannrenee
    meghannrenee Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I can do 3 chin ups in one go
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I'm so sad... 1.

It was my goal to be able to do 1 and I succeeded, only it's a half *kitten* one that is really lame :(
  • RobynLB
    Options
    I'm so sad... 1.

It was my goal to be able to do 1 and I succeeded, only it's a half *kitten* one that is really lame :(

Most women can't do 1, so don't downplay it. I got so excited when I finally did one, I called my boyfriend over to watch. Lol.
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    1 or 2.
  • climbergirl2
    Options
    3 series of 15
  • bradwwood
    bradwwood Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    i'm still working on getting my first full, unassisted, chin up. I've never been able to do them.

I can get about 3/4's of one now. Two months ago, half that
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    0. But I can tie a cherry stem in a knot with my tongue.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    My parents have a pull up bar in their house (my brother's) so I try to do them whenever I'm there. Two weeks ago when I was there I did 2 (starting hanging with my knees bent) with palms facing me. I have never tried them with palms facing away.

Edited to add that I was so shocked that I announced it throughout the house to my entire family, so of course they wanted to see it to believe it and I couldn't do anymore! haha
  • karrielynn80
    karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    3 sets of 6 - odd number i know lol, but i was on my 4-6 rep range in my schedule when i finally got there. Next wk i'll be trying for 3 sets of 7, :D
  • RobynLB
    Options
    3 series of 15

Amazing!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    4x8
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options