has anyone out there chosen the new guy?

Options
iLoveMyPitbull1225
iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
Has anyone out there had an experience where they were with someone and left them for someone new? how did it happen and how did it work out for you?

Replies

• iLoveMyPitbull1225
    Options
    aw no one?!?! I KNOW SOMEONE HAS.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I did this when I was 16.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    Options
    lol. thank you.
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    No. Can't say I have.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    I left my first boyfriend for my second boyfriend and my second boyfriend for my third boyfriend and still waiting for someone to leave my third boyfriend for.

Kidding, I have been with the 3rd one for almost 8 years and we are lifers.
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    I left my first boyfriend for my second boyfriend and my second boyfriend for my third boyfriend and still waiting for someone to leave my third boyfriend for.

Kidding, I have been with the 3rd one for almost 8 years and we are lifers.

you're good!
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I did....

1.jpg
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    I did....

1.jpg

that is the FIRST thing that popped in my head too! nice!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i don't understand this question. are you asking if people have broken up with someone for the sole reason of dating someone else?
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    so let me get this straight...judging from the lack of details in your post...there's nothing WRONG with the old guy...you just want a newer model?

.....i'd do that to my microwave....ooops...i mean deathbox...

but not a guy...
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I did this a lot in high school:glasses:
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Nope. I was separated from my ex husband for almost a year before I went out with my now husband. To be honest, my ex husband had pretty much turned me off to men for a while, so I wouldn't have gone from him to someone else immediately whether I had met someone or not.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I wonder if girls that work at brothels have this problem. it must get tiring after a while
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    Options
    i don't understand this question. are you asking if people have broken up with someone for the sole reason of dating someone else?

yep!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Why leave, why not just have both?
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    Options
    so let me get this straight...judging from the lack of details in your post...there's nothing WRONG with the old guy...you just want a newer model?

.....i'd do that to my microwave....ooops...i mean deathbox...

but not a guy...

ha i guess it was vague. nothing wrong with the old guy. But someone else came along who is equally wonderful. Chosing between the "models" and going with the newer one is what I was curious about.
  • flabbyjay
    flabbyjay Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    All the time! Just don't tell the first though unless you text them. They will fade away! Wait what's the name for that?
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    ha i guess it was vague. nothing wrong with the old guy. But someone else came along who is equally wonderful. Chosing between the "models" and going with the newer one is what I was curious about.

So, choosing between what's known and may seem dull because it's not new vs. new and exciting? Or are there any actual feelings here?
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    Options
    Why leave, why not just have both?

well this i would consider cheating.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options

yep!

oh, then yes. i have done this a couple times. Most recently - about 10 years ago I was dating a girl who moved hundreds of miles away. I knew the relationship wasn't going to work, she used a little emotional blackmail to get me to stay with her long distance. During the next few months or so, i met a woman who i found amazing - so I officially broke it off with the old one for the new girl...whom i would later marry.