Help me find a new yogurt to try?

Options
I'm so tired of trying yogurts that are way too sweet or have a weird chemical taste to them. I used to love Yoplait, but I've been picking up on a weird chemical taste in them. I've tried a couple of the greek yogurts, but, the only one's I've found are the 0% ones and those have tasted gross to me, kind of like an aspartame flavor.

So far I've really liked Brown Cow and Greek Gods, but, neither of those is higher in protein like Greek yogurt. Is there a Greek yogurt that is more similar to those ones? I don't mind higher fat, I prefer yogurt as a treat with more protein than a staple item.

Replies

• spangey13
    Options
    Have you tried mixing in some Jam to the plain ones just to mix up the flavour a bit? Yum Yum.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Dannon Lite and Fit Greek Yogart. Fruit on the bottom. I add berries to them.
  • TeraJo
    TeraJo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt. I especially love the fruit at the bottom or vanilla variety. Good luck!
  • reklawn
    reklawn Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I like organic yogurts personally. Also, if you get plain yogurt and sweeten it with stevia and fruit, i've found it's even better than the premixed junk that's so full of sugar and that chemical taste. I love using frozen blueberries,strawberries,bananas, ect.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I have never tried those two you mentioned, but I LOVE Fage 2% Greek yogurt. I add fresh fruit, a drizzle of honey and Natures Path Peanut Butter Granola. Yummo!
  • blacklaceroses
    blacklaceroses Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Don't know where you are at but i only use Kroger carbsmart. High in protein and low in carbs. I love it. But i know Kroger grocery is not everywhere.
  • kthychn
    Options
    My favorite is Voskos Exotic Fig! It's higher calorie, but I mix it with Fage to get the flavor without the excess calories.
  • Chobani plain is super good c:
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Plain yogurts are the best ones (IMO) because you can use them as a base and add whatever you want. Suggestions: honey, berries, granola, protein powder, etc.
  • eblack41
    Options
    I'm obsessed with Chobani yogurt to the point that the check-out people at the grocery store laugh at me because I buy so many at a time (one a day for breakfast and they don't expire for over a month, so why not buy a month at a time when they are on sale!). My favorite flavor is passionfruit -- a little higher in calories but worth it (and more filling because it is the 2% instead of nonfat). It is just sweet enough but not overly sweet. The vanilla flavor is also great, as is plain with a little honey mixed in. None of the flavors are too sweet.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I love the Healty Choice frozen yogurts.
  • billiestern
    billiestern Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Mullers Fruit up
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I like Fage 2% Plain the best. Good texture (0% feels to "thin"). I add honey, nuts, and fresh fruit.

If i can't get Fage, Voskos is good, too.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Fage 2% plain Greek. I stir in berries or kiwi, nuts , dark choc. Or ... Stir in peanut or almond butter with chia seeds and dark choc mini chips.

2% much creamier and not as bitter as 0%. However, with nut butter, 0% s ok !
  • lindalou4850
    lindalou4850 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I like Dannon Light and tops brand.I have one every morning before a workout!!
  • zacoli
    Options
    I like Liberté mediterranée. It is full fat, but it tastes really good no after taste or too tart. They have a full range of flavours.
  • Verizzle
    Verizzle Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oikos 2% plain is my staple but I'm thinking of switching to iogo 2% plain because it tastes better.

Ever thought about trying cottage cheese? I switch it up between Danone Oikos yogurt and Western pressed cottage cheese.

But no iogo is very creamy and pleasant with only a gram or two of fat and 16 grams of protein per serving.

Hope it helps. :)
  • hbkanumalla
    hbkanumalla Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I like Wallaby Organic Yogurt. It's creamy and comes in a nice variety of flavors.
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I love love fage with honey, and yoplait greek is very treat-y too!
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I love Iogo yogurt. 35 calories for about a half a cup. I add a touch of splenda then add frozen raspberries. So good! Not the highest in protein but I usually make or bypass the protein levels MFP sets.