You sleep HOW much??

Options

Replies

• kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Thruout my weight loss I have made sure I aim for at least 8 hours a night...I prolly get 7-9 hours on average. I think it just enables you to mentally be able to cope with sticking to your goals better if you are not lacking in sleep :)
  • RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    usually 5 hrs sometimes 6 if I am lucky
  • ashleyconstantine
    ashleyconstantine Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I get roughly 5-6 hours of sleep a night... if it's a good night with the baby. If not, I'm looking at about 2-3.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I get 6-7 hours a night. If I had it my way though, I could sleep for days on end no problem :grumble:
    I don't know how it affects weight loss, I just know I'm cranky when I'm tired. I'm not very nice when I'm cranky.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Thruout my weight loss I have made sure I aim for at least 8 hours a night...I prolly get 7-9 hours on average. I think it just enables you to mentally be able to cope with sticking to your goals better if you are not lacking in sleep :)

Awesome profile pic! Well done on your loss. Amazing!
  • Alaarie
    Alaarie Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Generally 8-hours a night. If I'm not getting enough sleep, I start dragging and won't exercise. I also start chugging pop and eating crap food cause I'm too tired to plan healthy snacks and meals.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Lack of sleep does affect weight loss. Not only are certain hormones lower, but without sleep you are more likely to reach for caffeine and sugary foods for energy.

I'm lucky if I get 6 hours a night ... even if I take an Ambien.
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Sleep? What is that????

Seriously, I do NOT sleep well at all. Spend more time awake than sleeping. :mad:
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I don't know that sleep= weightloss but having a structured sleep/wake cycle helps contribute to an overall structured lifestyle (i eat at the same times every day, making it easier to be sated by roughly the same amount of food every day).

7-8 hours every night and usually about 10 Friday- Saturday.
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I would be happy with 10 hours a night, but unfortunately there isn't enough time in the day and I only get 8.

ONLY 8 :noway:
  • Buettner22
    Buettner22 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I sleep about 6 hours a night, I find that my body naturally wakes up around 3:45-4am every morning and feel amazing. So ive learned instead of fighting going back to sleep and then feeling groggy waking up to an alarm clock a few hours later, I just get up and go workout and Ive got a crap ton of energy all day long with no coffee on most days.
  • ShinyDragonfly
    ShinyDragonfly Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    i'm at 11 hours of sleep since sunday. that's what I get for being a full-time college student working part-time overnight hours. haven't seen much effect on my weight though
  • uk_ja
    uk_ja Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    8+ hours everyday and when I swing from day to night shift I sleep even more just because I can.
  • amber1533
    amber1533 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I was sleeping 10-12 hours a night and it was wayy too much. I never used to sleep that much but I got used to "sleeping when my newborn" did and I took lots of naps when I was pregnant (my son is two now!) and I just sleep until he wakes up. I was always super tired! I'd wake up just exhausted like I hadn't slept at all! So now I am doing 7 hours a night and so far I feel 100% better.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    6 hours per week-night, unless I fall asleep with the TV going, missing my shows.. :ohwell: Then it might be eight.

Weekends, I sleep a LOT.
  • Eifersucht
    Options
    Between 8 and 9 hours per night is optimal for me. I can function between 7 and 8. Anything less than 7 and I am definitely dragging the next day. As far as my weight loss goes, I used to check my weight very frequently so that I could track monthly trends and not get too upset when the number would go up a bit at certain intervals. Most times, as long as I'm getting adequate sleep, my weight will drop between 1 and 2 pounds overnight. On nights when I don't get enough sleep, I usually lose less than a pound, if I lose at all. Seeing that for myself was enough for me to make more of an effort to get the rest my body needs and I'm more content during the day as well.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I find I retain more water when my sleep schedule is off. No evidence to back this claim really, but it's something I noticed through tracking my sleep schedule.

I suffer from periodic insomnia, so it can be pretty erratic. Some days it's zero hours, some days 12 ( when the insomnia subsides) Usually I get between 6 and 7, and find that I'm most energetic at this level.
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    I work nights M-F and have a horribly fragmented sleeping schedule. Some days I get a couple hours of sleep. Most days I sleep 2 hours, wake up and get my son on the bus for school, then sleep another couple hours. Some days I get 6 or 7 hours straight. On the weekends, I play catchup with my sleep and sleep at night. I'm surprised I haven't had a nervous breakdown yet. Surprisingly, it hasn't affected my ability to lose weight though.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Some nights I only get 5-6 hours, but whenever I can I like a solid 8 or 9.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    All I can say is that my lowest weight of the week (I weigh daily) has ALWAYS been on a weekend after 8+ hours of sleep. During the work week I get 5-6 per night, sometimes less.